Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 02:59 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Really? A very sick person? By whose definition.

Sorry, but to me, Tiller was a brave doctor providing needed services to women even though his life was in danger doing it every day. The shooter was nothing but a coward.
Your post made me want to take a shower.

What kind of sick person could paint a doctor who performed 60,000 abortions a year and made over a million plus doing it, a brave martyr?

And I'm not even a pro lifer.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:00 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Just think what would have happened if that guy walked into that church and saw all those ushers packing.
Yeah, just think........I do believe the doctor would still be dead.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:01 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
He was a cold blooded murderer and what he did was absolutely not necessary. He did it purely for money, he made millions off it.
So you are talking about Tiller.

What he did was a necessary service to women who needed to terminate due to fetal defect, like the couple in the article below.

The Tiller Murder And Its Ramifications - CBS News

If he did it purely for money, he would have dropped the third trimester abortions instead of risking his life.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post

What kind of sick person could paint a doctor who performed 60,000 abortions a year and made over a million plus doing it, a brave martyr?

Risked his life just going to work every day to provide a service to women in need with doomed pregnancies. Could have made just as much money NOT providing that service, but did anyway, putting himself in danger.

Read the article linked above. Those poor people had to travel to KS from NY just to receive a legal abortion for fetal defect.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:04 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,855,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Man charged in death of Kansas abortion provider - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090602/ap_on_re_us/us_abortion_shooting_suspect - broken link)

Justice has prevailed. He is caught. I hope this person has fun rotting in prison.
The guy who killed him is going to be a martyr for the cause like John Brown was.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:04 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post

60,000 abortions a year, eh? That is a might-y large number I would say. You absolutely sure about that?

Old 06-02-2009, 03:05 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
So you are talking about Tiller.

What he did was a necessary service to women who needed to terminate due to fetal defect, like the couple in the article below.

The Tiller Murder And Its Ramifications - CBS News

If he did it purely for money, he would have dropped the third trimester abortions instead of risking his life.
Pure B.S. But all the eugenicist nazis will agree with that and paint him a saint the way Sanger painted the Nazis' programs as something to admire.

Plenty of people take greater risks to earn income than Tiller took...for instance, commercial fishermen...for less money than Tiller made.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:06 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
Quote:
Pure B.S. But all the eugenicist nazis will agree with that and paint him a saint the way Sanger painted the Nazis' programs as something to admire.

Plenty of people take greater risks to earn income than Tiller took...for instance, commercial fishermen...for less money than Tiller made.
Comparing people to the nazis is a pretty terrible argument, fyi. It's called Godwin's law. How about actual engaging the argument instead of framing things in moral black and white? What Tiller did is in a gigantic moral grey zone, arguing otherwise is disingenuous..

Old 06-02-2009, 03:08 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
The guy who killed him is going to be a martyr for the cause like John Brown was.
Yup! Some will consider him a very brave and honorable man.

Ten Little Injuns - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-02-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:

And what service are those fisherman providing to the public, other than some delicious crab legs? Are people shooting at them for doing their job?

Personally, a woman's health trumps crab legs, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies