Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:53 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
LOL Yet publicly she supported the Nazis' ideals. She personally disagreed with the methods but not the goals. She also gave speeches to the KKK.

She told Congress: "Apply a stern and rigid policy of sterilization and segregation to that grade of population whose progeny is already tainted or whose inheritance is such that objectionable traits may be transmitted to offspring"

Old 06-02-2009, 03:53 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
I cant believe he had the chutzpah to go to church, considering what he did for a living. He probably was condemned to the fiery flames of hell for that alone.
What's with being so judgemental? I assume you call yourself a christian, what's that quote about throwing the first stone? By your post, one would think you have never in your life sinned and then gone to your "church", interesting.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:54 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I think exterminating women, men & children for ethnic cleansing is wrong, yep.
But you would support the Nazis' euthanasia program, and their eugenics program I imagine. And their laws that placed animals above humans.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:58 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I'm glad they caught this guy so quickly and I really do hope he was acting as a 'lone wolf' and not being used as a patsy.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:03 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
That article is over a year old, Tiller was investigated in court and cleared recently. There is no mental health clause. Major bodily function does not include mental health. Read the legislation.
I read the legislation.

I also read many different articles that stated that a court ruled that "major bodily function" does, in fact, include mental health *as it applies to the KANSAS law* (not the laws of other states)

Kansas Late-Term Abortion Doctor Found Not Guilty On Law Requiring Second Opinion - cbs3.com (http://cbs3.com/health/late.term.abortion.2.969716.html - broken link)

"Kansas law allows abortions after a fetus can survive outside the womb only if two independent doctors agree that it is necessary to save a women's life or prevent "substantial and irreversible" harm to "a major bodily function," a phrase that has been interpreted to include mental health."

I'm aware that he was acquitted of the charges, as I said earlier.

And, without a doubt, I do NOT support his murder.

Regardless, why he didn't violate the law is a bit off topic.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:04 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Your post made me want to take a shower.

What kind of sick person could paint a doctor who performed 60,000 abortions a year and made over a million plus doing it, a brave martyr?

And I'm not even a pro lifer.
60,000 a year is not physically possible, especially since Dr. Tiller was a full-service OB-GYN. Since he couldn't have performed that many abortions, I wonder if the income number you state is incorrect, too. Someone's providing you with some ersatz numbers.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:07 PM

958 posts, read 2,133,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Man charged in death of Kansas abortion provider - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090602/ap_on_re_us/us_abortion_shooting_suspect - broken link)

Justice has prevailed. He is caught. I hope this person has fun rotting in prison.
Justice? He was just caught and charged not tried. Even in this era of Der Fuhrer obama a person is innocent until proven guilty.
At least for now.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:15 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I read the legislation.

I also read many different articles that stated that a court ruled that "major bodily function" does, in fact, include mental health *as it applies to the KANSAS law* (not the laws of other states)

Kansas Late-Term Abortion Doctor Found Not Guilty On Law Requiring Second Opinion - cbs3.com (http://cbs3.com/health/late.term.abortion.2.969716.html - broken link)

"Kansas law allows abortions after a fetus can survive outside the womb only if two independent doctors agree that it is necessary to save a women's life or prevent "substantial and irreversible" harm to "a major bodily function," a phrase that has been interpreted to include mental health."

I'm aware that he was acquitted of the charges, as I said earlier.

And, without a doubt, I do NOT support his murder.

Regardless, why he didn't violate the law is a bit off topic.
Well, I do consider my thought processes and emotional health to be major bodily functions, but I'd think a better exception in many cases would be that the fetus in question was not viable, despite its gestational age.

Honestly, I can't imagine having to carry to term a fetus that was not going to survive its entry into the world, or was going to live a short life of agony due to catastrophic defect.

This murderer of a caregiver should be fairly tried, convicted, and spend the rest of his life in prison.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:17 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,637,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
There's plenty of false "churches" out there...
Uh, his church was Lutheran. You know, the oldest non-Catholic Christian church?

Or are you saying that any church that doesn't take an official stance in line with yours is 'false'?

Old 06-02-2009, 04:18 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
This murderer of a caregiver should be fairly tried, convicted, and spend the rest of his life in prison.
I absolutely agree, as stated repeatedly.

By "murder," I was referring to the murder of Dr. Tiller, not the abortions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies