Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 01:37 AM

33 posts, read 96,905 times

Advertisements

Naarcissus 23 has the right name. Get over yourself and read some real stuff instead of warmed-over economics books which U know are no good, per the last great Depressioon of 2008. To wonder why some civilizations are more advanced than others shows an abysmal lack of education. Try some simple research and take a library course on computers, it's not too hard. When U study, U will find out that life is cyclical. Africans were great, wealthy, had a huge library in Alexandria, and invented algebra. Chinese had a great civilization, Korea, Japan, now we aren't doing so bad. Rome was great but fell. So did the Mayans. The Aztecs. How will we fall? For the same reasons?
There are some parallels to our (American) patterns in government. Sexuality. Blurring of definitions. Focusing on things which will not help our country's growth. A definite distaste for unity. Religious infighting. U finish the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 01:37 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Do you think you would be less descriminated in an exclusively white neighbourhood, even with observable disability?

Now if you read two or so post above and see Narcissus23 post, He says that the reason less civilised nations such as the native Indians and Africans got conquered was their lack of advancement, rendering them weak and easy to conquer by the whites. And so because of your disability, do you think you would be treated any better by your own kind?? According to Narcissus23, not so.

Let me ask you this, do you hold any hope in how those Blacks and Hispanics would change how they feel about you because of your pale complexion??
1. I would not know the answer to that as I've never lived in a predominantly white neighborhood (although I have worked in a predominantly white office where I have been fully accepted by my colleagues). I do know that I faced lots of ignorant comments from those around me and have been called a few racial names. I once met a girl in high school who once told me that she had never met a white person before (She was black). We became friends and hung out quite a bit over the next year or so. Then she started acting more aloof with me. I was puzzled until she confessed that she stopped hanging around me because the other black girls would make fun of her for being my friend. This was in senior year of high school. I have also suffered lots of cruel remarks from other children all throughout school and never felt accepted by my peers until I got to college.

2. I'm having a difficult time taking Narcissus23 seriously due to the racist nature of his posts. His viewpoints are extreme and do not represent the majority of white folks nor does he speak for us.

3. Could you clarify your last question as I'm not sure what you mean? Thanks!
"Let me ask you this, do you hold any hope in how those Blacks and Hispanics would change how they feel about you because of your pale complexion?"

Old 07-12-2009, 01:39 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
Yep, racism is alive and well in Zimbabwe. When whites ruled it was the bread basket of Africa. Now white african farmers are being murdered, raped, or beaten off their land and the land turned over to black african farmers and the land is no longer being productive. But of course, only white people are racist.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:44 AM

Why ask why?If all races on earth came from the San tribe in Africa, why are so many so advanced,while the tribe remains so UNadvanced?
All people of the earth have their DNA. How advanced are you compared to your immediate ancestors? Not too much to be commenting on this forum this time of night!! Opportunistic people, descendants of the Barbarians, tend to populate the earth . Mild tempered, pastoral types are easily killed off -- or manipulated. How do you define advancement? U can't eat money. U can only drive one car at a time. If my spouse likes my poetry , who's to say I am not as advanced as Willaim Shakespeare or Emily Dickinson? Opinions are like, ahem, nose holes. Everyone has two.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:51 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Yep, racism is alive and well in Zimbabwe. When whites ruled it was the bread basket of Africa. Now white african farmers are being murdered, raped, or beaten off their land and the land turned over to black african farmers and the land is no longer being productive. But of course, only white people are racist.
"their land"

Old 07-12-2009, 01:54 AM

SailorDave, the story of Rhodesia or Zimbabwe is the story told around the world, including the United States. So the Black African farmers were apparently not taught modern agricultural practices , were just kept on as farm hands and sent off to their huts to live. It is a shame because so many white children were raised there and loved the country, but they were not aware of the suffering caused by the whites who stole the land and kept the native people down. What is going to happen in Palestine? Whites killed off the buffalo and the bisons, all of the doves and ruined streams and creeks. Killed each other over the land in the West when it was time to put in the railroad. Now, we are very advanced. As a nation. Many people died, however. Many people die everyday for stupid stuff. Indian children beat if they spoke their own language. Black and Indians forbidden to beat the drum. Whites got a quick reorientation when they arrived-- cast-offs from Europe, Georgia was a penal colony. I live in Atlanta, and none of the history books mention this. Australia was a penal colony. Maybe the DNA of criminals is necessary to make an advanced society. Necesity IS the mother of invention.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:58 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I can't be racist. I think I'm better than everyone. I don't discriminate. people will never get over race. I think we are looking at about 500-1000 years for it to be a non issue. and that will only be because everyone will be mixed race. at least in this country.
There's no such thing as race. The concept of race doesn't exist in my world.

Period.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:04 AM

White people founded the America that is now, and control it. They allow the black people, and other races to be equals because we know it is right, not because we have to. Whites don't allow anything. Whites never do anything unless they have to. The fact of the matter is that whites have to share, have to like shring the bounty of this country if they want their own children to have peace in their own country. No one is going to sing for their supper any longer. I see another ethnic group, Hispanics, aren't going to walk around carrying a leaf blower, either. Better learn to get along or else. All people want a decent future for their children. A decent home. Decent work to make enough money to feed your families and to buy what one needs. Decent schools for their children to be able to select their careers. Nations who persist in oppressing the people they overpowered one way or the other to take over the land they now occupy will learn to share and to live together or they will all die together.
Don't fool yourself into thinking U control anything more than yourself. Laws can be changed one way or the other.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:14 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,615,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
And seriously, constantly starting threads like this helps nothing. Threads like this just refresh hatred and get everyone's mind back on the race issue. That's the reason why it will take a thousand years. Because no matter how much progress is actually made, there will always be someone ready to kick us down a peg and yell "Ha, ha, you really haven't accomplished anything." I grew up in an entirely integrated area which was seemingly almost completely devoid of racial prejudice and I am from North Carolina for God's sake. Sure, you have a few misguided country boys who have been raised to hate, but for the most part race doesn't and hasn't played a big part in our lives.

You say it will always be around. Well isn't that an attitude that will certainly help contribute to that very result? Why are these threads always about the negative and never the positive. No one is denying that racism exists. But on a much smaller scale than ever before. And "muslim" is not a race, it is a religion. If you mean "Arabic" people, I would have to say it isn't racism that is the problem, it is fear. They have been demonized in front of the entire world. Of course people are going to be skittish after the World Trade Center and numerous other attacks around the world attributed to radical Muslims. But that isn't due to their race, it is due to their reputation.

And either way, no real progress can ever be made if all we ever hear is "racism is alive and well everywhere and it always will be" Our younger generations are chipping away at the problem, breaking down racial barriers just as fast as the media can rebuild them with hate talk and rehashed history. And eventually, the overwhelming majority will cease worrying about color. Let's help the progress by talking about the barriers being brought down instead of building them back up again.

Forget it. I've almost had enough of this whole issue of "race" since the election. Sheeeeet, it was better under Bush of all people. I think quite frankly it's become one giant excuse by all sides to act stupid or slide off one's failures. The sad thing is this is exactly what the elites want, everyone fighting each other over petty bs.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:34 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,300,791 times
There is no law against racism nor should there be. There are laws against prejudice and discrimination. There are segments of any race with people who do not have the mental capacity or ability to achieve much more than what they need to survive. Many cannot even achieve that much. These people will always be poor and live in poverty. I get real tired of racial minorities in this country putting all of the blame on racial prejudice and racial discrimination without giving any thought to the fact that there may be other contributing factors.

I'm sure that prejudice and discrimination still exists to some degree. However, there are things that can be done and are done about that. There are just too many people in minority groups doing well in this country to blame the plight of the poor on prejudice and discrimination alone.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies