Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 07:33 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
seriously. people are always going to hate. hate has existed since the beginning of time, and it will always exist. people need to get over race issues, or else they are going to be in for a lifetime of disappointment. or perhaps the government will start trying to legislating thoughts. we know how much some people would like that.
And seriously, constantly starting threads like this helps nothing. Threads like this just refresh hatred and get everyone's mind back on the race issue. That's the reason why it will take a thousand years. Because no matter how much progress is actually made, there will always be someone ready to kick us down a peg and yell "Ha, ha, you really haven't accomplished anything." I grew up in an entirely integrated area which was seemingly almost completely devoid of racial prejudice and I am from North Carolina for God's sake. Sure, you have a few misguided country boys who have been raised to hate, but for the most part race doesn't and hasn't played a big part in our lives.

You say it will always be around. Well isn't that an attitude that will certainly help contribute to that very result? Why are these threads always about the negative and never the positive. No one is denying that racism exists. But on a much smaller scale than ever before. And "muslim" is not a race, it is a religion. If you mean "Arabic" people, I would have to say it isn't racism that is the problem, it is fear. They have been demonized in front of the entire world. Of course people are going to be skittish after the World Trade Center and numerous other attacks around the world attributed to radical Muslims. But that isn't due to their race, it is due to their reputation.

And either way, no real progress can ever be made if all we ever hear is "racism is alive and well everywhere and it always will be" Our younger generations are chipping away at the problem, breaking down racial barriers just as fast as the media can rebuild them with hate talk and rehashed history. And eventually, the overwhelming majority will cease worrying about color. Let's help the progress by talking about the barriers being brought down instead of building them back up again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 07:41 PM

79 posts, read 74,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
So are minorities incapable of being racist?
I think that certain minority groups will be more racist then others. Maybe its because they are a minority and so have to act out to give an air of feeling protected within its self as well as having a self importance issue.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:45 PM

715 posts, read 2,087,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Oh yeah, only white people are evil and kill other people. No one else ever did it in the history of the world, all the evil white folks.

Let's get them.

Pol Pot, Pol Pot Massacre, Pol Pot Genocide, Cambodia Genocide (http://www.unitedhumanrights.org/Genocide/pol_pot.htm - broken link)
War in Darfur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
BBC NEWS | Africa | Rwanda: How the genocide happened
Second Congo War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cant you people never look past what always in front of you??

How many of those countries were colonised?? hmm. Did'nt the older folks talk or glorify the days of divide and conquer tactic.

I wonder who is arming them??

Who armed saddam?? who sided with the taliban when russian forces were in Afghanistan??

What are you folks gonna do bout the MANY white supremist groups?? if not worldwide, hows about the ones here in good US of A??, They create terror, how comes their not on the terrorist list but the great friend of yesterday (taliban) now turned foe today is on the terrorist list?? If nothing? then theres really little more to talk about, isnt there>?

Old 07-11-2009, 07:55 PM

113 posts, read 263,423 times
I really haven't read all of the above posts an appologise for that. I just want to add " my ten penny worth".....Everyone finds it sooo easy to blame something or someone, wether race, sibbling, parents, ect, for our, less than perfect, lives. Race is a 'collective' excuse for this !!! From all sides. If people devoted as much time to their own success, as they do to blaming others for thier lack of it, We would all succeed and ultimately get on. Wether anyone likes or wants it, the world belongs to all races, regardless of how they got there or how our concept of how they got there are.

Life is way toooo short and stressfull to allow blame, at any level or view!!!!

Isn't it time we paid more attention to our futures and not to our pasts!!??

Old 07-11-2009, 08:01 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Racism is alive and well.

My poor white Dad got screw over by affirmative action and was a victim of racism.

Then when the minority who they gave the job to could not do the job and was a goner in no time.

Guess that worked real well.

I see nothing but whites being the victims of racism anymore and it is growing.

Sad to see this and I believe it all comes down to the election of Obama. The real racist are now out feeling like they can do whatever they want and Obama will sit on his butt and do nothing about it.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:04 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,060,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post

How many of those countries were colonised?? hmm. Did'nt the older folks talk or glorify the days of divide and conquer tactic.
Asian countries for a large part were colonized, many are kicking economic butt. How come most are doing well after colonization while African countries are not? You think some thing else may be in play here? Just maybe?

How long do you want to blame colonization for all the ills that plague these countries? It's just prolonging ignoring the fact they nationalized their economies, ruled by greedy dictators, and have massive corruption.

Can't you see what's in front of you?

They are going to be countries of victims because people want to play the race card and not confront the real problem.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:08 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post

I wonder who is arming them??

Who armed saddam?? who sided with the taliban when russian forces were in Afghanistan??

What are you folks gonna do bout the MANY white supremist groups?? if not worldwide, hows about the ones here in good US of A??, They create terror, how comes their not on the terrorist list but the great friend of yesterday (taliban) now turned foe today is on the terrorist list?? If nothing? then theres really little more to talk about, isnt there>?

Did you see any of those whites guarding voting places during the last election like you did with the black panthers carrying nightsticks infront of them this past election?

And Obama shut down the fight to have them jailed of course. But if those were the KKK members standing their with nightsticks you would be whining and complaining all day long.

My hubby already told me if he goes to vote and those panthers are going to be blocking his way to the booth like they did before that he will not only fix the problem but carry a much bigger stick!!!

If you want to see a real racist in action just watch Obama work. He is being a sneaky ****head and finding ways to screw over whites.

When you see Michelle finally go an all white kids fundraiser instead of only minority fundraisers please let me know. The community organizer in her is showing.

She is suppose to be do this for ALL children, not just minorities.

Wonder why there are so many more blacks in jail then whites that have committed crimes? And there are far less blacks to begin with?
White mans fault those people committed all those crimes?

Get real.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:09 PM

I can imagine that most people on this post have experienced racism!!..I have too, Me and my hubby are Brits!.( we may be Black, we may be white). The bottom line is: If the act of that experience is allowed to determine our future judgements then the person or situation that led us to our predjudice has won!! The more you allow it to eat at you the less likely you are able to move forward and succeed with an open mind !

Old 07-11-2009, 08:14 PM

79 posts, read 74,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsky View Post
The bottom line is: If the act of that experience is allowed to determine our future judgements then the person or situation that led us to our predjudice has won!! The more you allow it to eat at you the less likely you are able to move forward and succeed with an open mind !
Like the African American gangbangers who scream racism and get no where in life. Unless its six feet under after they bite the bullet.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:19 PM

Parental indoctrination has a lot to answer for !!!! Empathy is truly rare!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies