Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 01:37 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,679,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
This has no bearing on his citizenship.

In 1961, even though she had given birth Obama's mother could not legally vote.

Do not assume that she had the political rights you think she had.
what does being able to legally vote have to do with citizenship?

unless you can quote me a law or code that specifies that minor parents can't confer citizenship on their child, i am going to ignore this red herring.

i know you tinfoil hat folks always have an alternative theory ready for when your current theory is discredited, but this one's pretty thin.

i'd stick with the "long form certificate is currently being 'cured' to make it look old" thing. that's a real winner. or, yknow, "obama has a time machine".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Republican John McCain submitted himself to hearings before the Democratic Senate to address this question. Are you unaware of it?
but he was actually not born in the u.s.

there was no need for obama to submit to a hearing because he was born in the u.s. and there is no question about his citizenship.

the only people who think otherwise are idiots, conspiracy theorists, and people who are blinded by partisanship.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
A newspaper notice is not a 'huge problem' to my argument.

If someone wants to submit a newspaper notice as evidence, the burden of proof is on them to prove:

a)its accuracy

b)its relevance
speaking of burden of proof, i think the burden of proof is on YOU and your ilk to prove one of the following:

a) obama was born in kenya

b) a child born to a 19-year old american citizen and a foreign citizen in 1961 was not automatically an american citizen. finding a record of this law should be easy, no? or at least a record of when it changed?

c) whatever kooky conspiracy theory you guys come up with next.

Quote:
I can pay and post a newspaper notice that I married Morgan Fairchild. Doesn't mean it's true.
why would someone post a false birth announcement in the paper?

Old 07-26-2009, 01:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Republican John McCain submitted himself to hearings before the Democratic Senate to address this question. Are you unaware of it?
I've said this before, too many times, but I'll say it again.

The reason there were no hearings about Obama is b/c there was no question of his citizenship. All of his primary opponents tried to dig up dirt on him; if there were something legitimate out there, the Clintons and their henchmen would have found it.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:45 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
They are the same as truthers.......nuts!

Old 07-26-2009, 01:46 PM

439 posts, read 443,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
um, i posted evidence to the contrary in the very post you quoted. immediately after i made my claim.

let me post an excerpt since you don't seem to be able to click a link.

Obama Hawaiian-born: Citizen for sure: The Swamp

the article quotes dr. fukino's statement, then a clarification from a hawaiian state spokeswoman:

Does this mean Obama was born in Hawaii?
"Yes," said Hawaii Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo, in both email and telephone interviews with the Tribune. "That's what Dr. Fukino is saying."

there's more if you can trouble yourself to click.

time to make another thread!
Yes, Ms Okubo has made a number of conflicting statements on this issue.

"A senior official in the State of Hawaii's Department of Health, Director of Communications Janice Okubo, confirms that the image published and circulated by the Obama campaign as his "birth certificate" lacks the necessary embossed seal and signature. Backing away from a quote attributed to her that the image on the campaign site was "valid," she told the St. Petersburg (Florida) Times in an article published yesterday: "I don't know that it's possible for us to even say beyond a doubt what the image on the site represents." from israelinsider: politics: As Obama stonewalls on uncertified birth certificate, official doubts mount

Another interesting point from the article: "Hawaii requires printing and mailing, according to Okubo. Electronic images are never released, she assured us, nor are they valid."

The COLB copy from 2007 that the campaign released is clearly an electronic copy, even Democrats concede this.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:46 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I've said this before, too many times, but I'll say it again.

The reason there were no hearings about Obama is b/c there was no question of his citizenship. All of his primary opponents tried to dig up dirt on him; if there were something legitimate out there, the Clintons and their henchmen would have found it.
You are 100 percent right. If Obama wasn't an American citizen, Hillary and Bill would have been more than happy to throw him under the bus.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
um, i posted evidence to the contrary in the very post you quoted. immediately after i made my claim.

let me post an excerpt since you don't seem to be able to click a link.

Obama Hawaiian-born: Citizen for sure: The Swamp

the article quotes dr. fukino's statement, then a clarification from a hawaiian state spokeswoman:

Does this mean Obama was born in Hawaii?
"Yes," said Hawaii Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo, in both email and telephone interviews with the Tribune. "That's what Dr. Fukino is saying."

there's more if you can trouble yourself to click.

time to make another thread!
Perfect!

Two eyewitness accounts mutually coroborated. Or carbonated. Or carburetored. Whatever!

439 posts, read 443,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I did, you were responding to my post and my screen capture in my reply to you was taken from the pdf link you posted.
And the post I responded to was regarding an 'original birth certificate' was it not?

The link I provided was regarding an 'original birth certificate' was it not?

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Yes, Ms Okubo has made a number of conflicting statements on this issue.

<snip>

[/i]The COLB copy from 2007 that the campaign released is clearly an electronic copy, even Democrats concede this.
You know, Joe, for someone who says he hopes Obama IS a citizen, you are spending a lot of time and effort trying to prove he is NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies