Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 07:36 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I have noticed this obesity trend thing in the news recently and I personally think its a political ploy to get everyone in shape. At the end of the president's term it would be another bragging point to say "and 30% of Americans lost weight and became healthier under my administration".

That would be wonderful if he could pull that off. Each and every person needs to try and eat healthy and get some form of exercise. You don't have to live off of tofu and celery or jog 10 miles per day.

Every day at work I hear people B**** about their weight yet each and every day at lunch they eat a fat laden fast food meal and snack the rest of the day. Very few will even attempt to work out or change their diet. It's always someone elses fault... the media, men, fast food places....

It's pretty simple, cut out most (not all) of the junk, try and eat three balanced meals per day, include some physical activity in your day and barring a serious medical issue you won't be fat. It isn't anyone elses fault but your own if you are fat unless you have said medical issue. I've struggled with smoking for years. I've quit and started more times than I care to remember. Yet, I don't blame anyone but myself. Beig fat due to over eating and laziness is the same thing.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:32 PM

151 posts, read 270,254 times
Fat people dont bother me if they take responsibly for their poor lifestyle choices - if they want to eat them selves to an early death and alow their body's to balloon to unattractive massive sizes then go ahead, just pay for 2 airline seats and dont complain when the hot girl/guy does not want to date you.

Fat people annoy me when they make excuses for their lifestyle and it seems these days every fat person has an excuse. Fat people also love to convince others that just because they are fat it does not mean that they are unhealthy and this annoys me because it goes against the science of biology. Fat people also cry that we should accept them for who they are - well I am sorry but I cant accept your lazy lifestyle and I WILL NEVER date a fat person that will just be disgusting.

The worse kind of fat person is the evil one who tells fat kids that "they are fine as they are" and that its not their fault they are fat, these sickos are basically brainwashing a fat child that they will never be able to lose the weight so this chid will never be motivated to try - i dont believe in hell but if hell was true there would be a special spot reserved for those selfish evil scum who let kids get fat and tell those kids that they are fine as they are - its pure evil.

/rant

Old 07-04-2012, 09:33 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
I hate how obesity has become the new normal. We don't even realize how freakish we are because we can no longer tell what's truly fat. There's something seriously dysfunctional about that.

Majority of Obese People Fail to Recognize Their Own Obesity

Parents Do Not Recognise Obesity in Their Children

Me, fat? Americans in denial about diet - Health - Diet and nutrition - msnbc.com

Why People Don't Know They're Fat Until a Doctor Tells Them | Healthland | TIME.com

Old 07-04-2012, 11:09 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,513 times
Obesity is nasty & a bad habit like alcoholism or meth.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:25 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Ah, if only the entire country could be as wise as everyone in the Republican Party. It's true: You're always right, and the Democrats are always wrong.
This is true. Everyone should be a Republican - and I wish you well in your journey out of darkness and into the light.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Obesity is nasty & a bad habit like alcoholism or meth.
True it's a bad habit what makes you look nasty!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:40 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Need an extra tax based on BMI to pay for Obamacare.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:35 PM

I guess whatever reason why the mods always close my threads about obesity in children I have to to bumb this old thread to start a debate about charging parents who allow their child to become overweight with child abuse.

Parents who feed their kids unhealthy foods and don't take their kids outdoors to be active are affecting their child's health in a major way and unless if that child is taken away from those neglectful parents that child will grow up with a lot of health problems and will find it hard to find a mate to raise offspring with in the future due to obesity being linked to unattractiveness.

Obesity related illnesses is one of the biggest killers and parents are not only allowing their kids to become fat they are also telling that child that they are fine as they are and it's not their fault they are fat - this brainwashing will cause a drop in motivation for that child to lose the weight in their teens - why even bother trying to lose the weight if you were raised to believe that you are fine as you are and you can never lose the weight because it's not your fault that you are fat in the dirt place?

I find parents who are unwilling to find one hour in their day to be active with their child and who are to lazy to cook their child healthy foods unfit parents. For the safety of these children i recommend that they are taken away from their parents and for those parents to be charged with child abuse or child neglect

So what are your thoughts on this? Should we charge parents of obese children with child abuse/neglect?

Last edited by xzane; 07-06-2012 at 06:45 PM..

Old 07-06-2012, 07:12 PM

8,892 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Fat people cost us billions a year in health cost.
I've been hearing this one quoted a lot ..... do you have a source for this statement?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I've been hearing this one quoted a lot ..... do you have a source for this statement?
True cost of obesity in America: $190 billion - Health - Diet and nutrition - msnbc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies