Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:40 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nobody is going to get anythign FOR FREE. WE WILL ALL PAY
Oh I see so I guess Obama's promise not to tax the middle class is out the window?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 05:40 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,282,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
WHAT!!!! The point is THEY HAVE PAID. They are not getting anything for free.
This is not difficult to understand:

Medicare is paid for by ALL taxpayers. This means that everyone who opts out of Medicare, or doesn't use it, still helps pay for it.

Similarly, public health option will be paid for by ALL taxpayers. Regardless of who uses it.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:41 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
This is not difficult to understand:

Medicare is paid for by ALL taxpayers.

A public health option will be paid for by ALL taxpayers.

Regardless of who is using it.

Wait I thought Obama said he was not going to tax the middle-class???

Old 08-06-2009, 05:46 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,712,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
My favorite part is the guy who angrily yells "amen" against a public health care option, and then raises his hand that he takes Medicare public health care.

For the record - I think there are viable options for universal health care without necessarily relying on government, but just the fact that people don't see that they are already on public health care concerns me.

That, though, is how a townhall meeting should run. He kept order there very well and they had a good discussion.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:10 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I thought it was funny in Rep. Greene's townhall when they asked how many people opposed public health care and almost all the room raised their hands.

Then Greene asked how many were on Medicare, and about half the room raised their hands - many of the same people.

They had no clue they already depended on a government-run health care program.

Pretty sad how unknowledgable many of the most passionate people really are when pressed on the issues. Propaganda works wonders.
Whats sad is this misrepresentation of oldsters concerns.
They are not ignorant as your example implies.
When the hip goes bad they want it fixed.
They don't want pain pills and a guilt trip.
They fear health care rationing, long waits etc.

Rationed care/assisted suicide.
A real cost saving duo.
You don't need to hurt the many to help the few.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:14 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,060,763 times
esterday, Consumer Reports noted that an anti-health reform politician is trying to convince senior citizens that they'll be required to take lessons in euthanasia if any reform is passed. Regardless of what side you come down on with health care reform, this is flat out wrong. We care about this lie, which is still bouncing around the media, because it might interfere with the very real and useful tasks of setting up living wills and determining health care proxies—things that matter to both the elderly and the terminally ill.

Note To Seniors: Proposed Medicare Reform Does Not Include Plans To Kill You

Old 08-06-2009, 06:53 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
It gets funnier everyday. All I have to say is these are the same people in some form that ran this country years ago and we survived their stupidity, so considering we've become a much smarter nation, once those individuals die off I'm sure we'll be ok.

Okay, i'm not that mean, but i must admit it is hilarious to hear leaches complain about a new sponsored leach plan. I mean how stupid do you have to be to not realize you're a leach?

If they do not want government sponsored health care do the following

1. Opt out of Social Security (First)
2. Opt out of Medicare next (Pay for your meds on your own a**h09#s

PS - I'd like the thread to note I'm not even for UHC, but the level of stupidity is beyond comical it is really sad.
Quick look at your user name and my stupid old eyes see "dumbasarock"

How about this stupid leach a**h09# telling you I'd like to opt out of Medicare if I could.
I must be an inexperienced leech.Can't seem to get that free part working right.
It's cost us $11,000 the last two years.Did good this year though....got it down to $8000 (Nice doctor gave us some sample meds, didn't have to order from Canada)
Think I could buy a private plan somewheres close to that?

How much you paying for medical a year?

Old 08-06-2009, 06:59 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,312,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
\
Talk about missing the point, the GOP didn't even want you to have Medicare,
They didn't want you to Social Security
They don't want you to have this
Since the two programs you mentioned turned into the two largest single budget line items, can you blame us for not wanting another "affordable" Democratic program?

Old 08-06-2009, 07:02 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,885 times
My gosh. Aren't ANY of you old enough to remember what it was like for senior citizens BEFORE Medicare? As someone who DOES remember and who is now a senior citizen myself, all I can say is thank heavens for government run health care....Medicare.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:03 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

There some lots of old people like this. They are just selfish and mean people that will never change. They have full insurance via "The Government" (Medicare) but don't think that children should have any. They don't want to pay school taxes because "we don't use the schools"- as if they or their kids never went to school I guess. They run over 20 people or into convenience store windows but how dare we ask them to actually prove they can still drive a car! These people need to be ignored because they are stupid. And not all old people are selfish idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies