Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 09:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Thanks, roy, that's nice In your reading did you see why Glenn is demonizing Van Jones?

About the American Spectator thing -- could you explain to me why you think the POV behind that vigil was wrong or bad? Im not saying it wasnt politically incorrect.
I think I can do just what you ask, at least for an intelligent person like you. Many liberals wouldn't like what I bring back but you will understand.

I had to fix the second link in the post you called nice because I had made a mistake and it wouldn't work. I couldn't have any fine people around here not be able to read "Reclaiming Revolution" which was the work of Van Jones and his buddies in 2002.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 09:33 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think I can do just what you ask, at least for an intelligent person like you. Many liberals wouldn't like what I bring back but you will understand.

I had to fix the second link in the post you called nice because I had made a mistake and it wouldn't work. I couldn't have any fine people around here not be able to read "Reclaiming Revolution" which was the work of Van Jones and his buddies in 2002.
hm, it's still not loading, at least notfor me but I have trouble with .pdfs...I'll get it.

breaking news: the next place I tried to open it,a blog (apparently) called leftspot (also the source for RR at wiki), says 'BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED" - I guess Glenn got to all of you this weekend!

Old 08-30-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
My love for you is bigger than political restraint, roy, and Ive read the talk page at wiki on Van Jones if that's what you mean.

I read the Am Sp link meant for Katiana - see above.

The "Desecrate 9/11" article - is a National Day of Service the wrong way to commemorate 9/11? It's a bad thing?

Is it worse than what we do now, which is.... um..... hold on....oh yeah, NOTHING???

Gotta stop falling for those sucker headlines,roy.
Not so at all. I don't fall for headlines since I am so stupid that I read them before I post them. I am an old fool for being like that.

We really don't do anything for 9/11 but I think that Beck and several thousand of his friends plan to do something in DC on 9/12 as they celebrate the day after the attack of 9/11. Probably that day was the most patriotic day of our recent history since we were all, except for Jones and some of his kind, unified to do something. Well now that little thing in Iraq may not have been the proper thing but it happened, like it or not.

I am wasting time and you need to see my little story about why Jones and his buddies went after Beck when they did. I think it is a super article but it doesn't come from a green or liberal site.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Not so at all. I don't fall for headlines since I am so stupid that I read them before I post them. I am an old fool for being like that.

We really don't do anything for 9/11 but I think that Beck and several thousand of his friends plan to do something in DC on 9/12 as they celebrate the day after the attack of 9/11. Probably that day was the most patriotic day of our recent history since we were all, except for Jones and some of his kind, unified to do something. Well now that little thing in Iraq may not have been the proper thing but it happened, like it or not.

I am wasting time and you need to see my little story about why Jones and his buddies went after Beck when they did. I think it is a super article but it doesn't come from a green or liberal site.
Wherever it comes from, as long as it backs up its statements.

So what do you think is a good idea to annually commemorate 9/11? Do you think a National day of Service is a good idea or a bad idea?

Old 08-30-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Wherever it comes from, as long as it backs up its statements.

So what do you think is a good idea to annually commemorate 9/11? Do you think a National day of Service is a good idea or a bad idea?
I think that what has been suggested by the White House group will be nothing more or less than an attempt to spread a lot of green around and I don't mean money like they like to do either.

This link will explain a lot of what you worry about. I don't remember whether it is the one that tells about the change of the Wiki thing on Jones that got there about the time of his appointment as the Green czar, but I did read that on something while researching for you folks about Jones.

Anyway here is a winner that I can only say that I saw it and it did happen sometime before the beginning of the boycott crap. I remember thinking that this can't be happening. Maybe Beck is just as bad a liar as you people think he is but I think he is truthing a lot about all those liars.

Here it is.

Howard Kurtz: Glenn Beck Attacking Van Jones Because of Ad Boycott | NewsBusters.org

Old 08-30-2009, 10:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
That's it! I was wondering the same thing, but you have hit it, they don't see this stuff on the gubmint news channels.
"Gubmint"? The only "gubmint" news channel I know of is PBS, and I don't watch it often for the news. The others are all private companies, my friend.

Quote:
I forgot to post my link on the first post but in looking for it I found so much more good stuff that I will post to Katiana and Delusianne who asked for that link. They are both good readers and I think they will read these thing whether any of the rest do or not. This time I made the mistake but they will get so much more by asking for one, as they had a perfect right to do.
Quote:
Ok, Kat here is your link. I was so afraid I would be attacked before I got away that I forgot to post it. Not so, at all. I just forgot. Well here it is:

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Van Jones and His STORMtroopers Denounced America the Night After 9/11

I guess this is about as good a place to put in some of the other things I picked up while looking for this one. Try this:

http://www.capitalresearch.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/stormsummation.pdf (broken link)

This is the book that Van Jones and his buddies wrote so all the things they learned about how to operate wouldn't be forgotten and have to be relearned by later revolutionaries. The book is entitled "Reclaiming Revolution" and it is very interesting reading, especially if you are a red revolutionary or maybe in the case of Jones, green.

More to come but these will be posted to delusianne. I like both of you and wouldn't want to post to just one of you.
Thanks, roysoldboy, for the kind words as well as the links.

To the rest of you, it is always good form to back up what you say with a link.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:09 PM

Roy, at the bottom of the newsbusters article is this:
*****Update: For the record, it appears the first suggestion of a Beck boycott by Color of Change came in an e-mail message sent to members on July 30 (h/t NBer Gary Hall).
Beck called Obama a racist on July 28, on Faux & Friends.

I think the July 23 and 28 Beck attacks on Jones were just a coincidence.

So it's good that newsbusters is at least honest enough to publish that, even though it's at the bottom of the page.

He and this Wade guy both lied -- in the July 23 quote, Glenn lied about Van Jones being an "avowed Communist"; the rest is Glenn's typically shoddy, dumbed-down, small-minded-for-small-minds summary, the implication about "green is the new red" was especially glib and stupid. I'll read the rest later.

edit -- possibly the newsbusters "tipster" found the information at the NYT?
That day, Fox News appeared to distance itself quickly from Mr. Beck’s remark that Mr. Obama was a racist, telling the TVNewser blog that Mr. Beck had “expressed a personal opinion, which represented his own views, not those of the Fox News Channel.”

Two days later, ColorOfChange asked its 600,000 members to sign a petition addressed to Mr. Beck’s advertisers. It says more than 100,000 have signed.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/14/bu...ia/14adco.html

If so, that means newsbusters is deferring to the untrustworthy liberal cesspool The New York Times !!!! !!!!

Last edited by delusianne; 08-30-2009 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: added NYT thought

Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,905 times
There are so many criminals in this Admin. its almost unbelievable.....but that aside I find it more amazing.....truly....is that Democrats dont see (or dont want to see) that this idiot of a Pres. is truly a dangerous man.
What do I mean.....Think about it....everything this dope does is detrimental to this country..He spends like a drunk in a bar but you Dem. will say "Well its the only way to fix the economy"..I mean do you people really believe that?

There is no way to ever pay back this debt...and the sad part is thats exactly what he wants....The more people in debt to the Govt. the more the Govt. controls you..It really is that simple.

But whats really sad is how the left "wants" more Govt. in our lives....Its truly insane....The left has to be the biggest bunch of losers ever to walk this planet....How or why would you ever want someone else to tell you what or how to do it..Amazing!

Old 08-30-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Roy, at the bottom of the newsbusters article is this:
*****Update: For the record, it appears the first suggestion of a Beck boycott by Color of Change came in an e-mail message sent to members on July 30 (h/t NBer Gary Hall).
Beck called Obama a racist on July 28, on Faux & Friends.

I think the July 23 and 28 Beck attacks on Jones were just a coincidence.

So it's good that newsbusters is at least honest enough to publish that, even though it's at the bottom of the page.

He and this Wade guy both lied -- in the July 23 quote, Glenn lied about Van Jones being an "avowed Communist"; the rest is Glenn's typically shoddy, dumbed-down, small-minded-for-small-minds summary, the implication about "green is the new red" was especially glib and stupid. I'll read the rest later.

edit -- possibly the newsbusters "tipster" found the information at the NYT?
That day, Fox News appeared to distance itself quickly from Mr. Beck’s remark that Mr. Obama was a racist, telling the TVNewser blog that Mr. Beck had “expressed a personal opinion, which represented his own views, not those of the Fox News Channel.”

Two days later, ColorOfChange asked its 600,000 members to sign a petition addressed to Mr. Beck’s advertisers. It says more than 100,000 have signed.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/14/bu...ia/14adco.html

If so, that means newsbusters is deferring to the feared, hated,mistrusted liberal cesspool The New York Times
Did either July 23 or 28 take place this year before July 30. For some reason that has happened for all of my 77 summers. Somehow I didn't know that somebody changed that rule this year.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Did either July 23 or 28 take place this year before July 30. For some reason that has happened for all of my 77 summers. Somehow I didn't know that somebody changed that rule this year.
I think they were a coincidence. He called Obama a racist on July 28th, Color of Change asked for a boycott July 30. In other words the boycott was more likely to do with the remark about the President, not the July 23 and 28 attacks on Van Jones. Color of Ch didnt askfora boycott on July 24, for example.

"Fox's Glenn Beck recently said President Obama is 'a racist' and has a 'deep-seated hatred for white people.' Beck is on a campaign to convince the American public that President Obama's agenda is about serving the needs of Black communities at White people's expense." - http://www.colorofchange.org/

I agree with them there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies