Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:11 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't know but I did read that Jones said he went in prison as a radical activist and came out a communist. Now if that isn't admitting something I guess Obama was wrong when he said words mean something. Kind of like saying that be for he said in Colorado Springs last September that he needed a civilian force as well funded, organized and armed as the military. He said both those things and then people started making excuses for him. He said it, not me. Jones said that and I didn't say it either. I don't know but trying to clean the crap off a kid that fell in the outside toilet was a big job for people back in the old days.

Lets see now. Does it not say in your post that Jones posted all those things? Cleaned up and everything.
Civilian force - sigh, did you listen to the speech in context, the part in question starts at about minute 4. "Making excuses," do youmeanquoting what he actually said to counter the lies about brown shirted armies, etc?

No one is saying Jones wasnt a communist for a while - he was and he says so freely. He's a capitalist now, though, not sure if Glenn will let you know that. Oh right, on July 23 Glenn said he *IS* "an avowed Communist."

I get the feeling you're not reading these links I post, which is pretty rude since I read and replied to the ones you posted. I also dont see you answering or even acknowledging any of the previous points -- are you intending to just continue to parrot the same old small-minded, dumbed-down crap even though you know better?

I mean do it if you have to >shrug<
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 11:20 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Civilian force - sigh, did you listen to the speech in context, the part in question starts at about minute 4. "Making excuses," do youmeanquoting what he actually said to counter the lies about brown shirted armies, etc?

No one is saying Jones wasnt a communist for a while - he was and he says so freely. He's a capitalist now, though, not sure if Glenn will let you know that. Oh right, on July 23 Glenn said he *IS* "an avowed Communist."

I get the feeling you're not reading these links I post, which is pretty rude since I read and replied to the ones you posted. I also dont see you answering or acknowledging any of the previous points -- are you intending to just continue to parrot the same old small-minded, dumbed-down crap even though you know better?

Obama would not have gave him a job if he was anything close to a capitalist.

Gosh, where do you get your ideas at?

The man and anyone Obama appoints to any job is no way in hell a capitalist.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:29 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,959,438 times
Quote:
One link per thread should be enough. There is one back there a bit about Jones in a post to either katiana or delusianne. Find it yourself since it isn't really very far back there.

You really didn't know that Jones had been put in jail for his part in a riot?
He was arrested at a protest rally, briefly held, and released without charges. He was not tried or convicted thus is not an ex-con.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:

I get the feeling you're not reading these links I post, which is pretty rude since I read and replied to the ones you posted. I also dont see you answering or even acknowledging any of the previous points -- are you intending to just continue to parrot the same old small-minded, dumbed-down crap even though you know better?

Did he brag about the prison system making him change from radical activist to communist. I don't know since words do have meaning maybe he was just badmouthing the prison system. I choose not to think that though.

I can't accept all this crap about Jones being capitalist since he was on the board of the Appollo group and even helped write a very large part of the Stimulus bill. Look at the other people who were on that board at the same time and tell me he isn't a bit further left than just an ordinary liberal.

I guess none of those names were in any of those links I put out but I sure thought they were. Oh, it just hit me, a guest of Glenn Beck said all that. Were these people there or not? I guess I have to get to researching about those guys and try to find something in the state media about them, huh.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:

I forgot to say that the words about the civilian force in Colorado Springs were at a campaign rally. That mouth leaked some things like that at rallies of his friends. I couldn't believe he said that in the campaign speech but sure enough I heard it over and over back then. You are talking about a time much later than I am, I think. And besides that his brown shirts are red and purple. You know ACORN and SEIU.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:56 PM

Default delusianne I am tired

I have read and read about Van Jones and all I find is the kind of stuff I want to see and the king of white washes you come up with.

Was he on the board of directors of the Apollo Alliance?
Was he ever involved with the Tides Foundation?
Was he ever involved at all with the SEIU?
Was he not on the CAP with Pinetta?
There are more but it is a waste of time to list any of them.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:
I forgot to say that the words about the civilian force in Colorado Springs were at a campaign rally. That mouth leaked some things like that at rallies of his friends. I couldn't believe he said that in the campaign speech but sure enough I heard it over and over back then. You are talking about a time much later than I am, I think. And besides that his brown shirts are red and purple. You know ACORN and SEIU.
Im thinking of a campaign rally in Colo Springs July 2, 2008.

This -- YouTube - Barack Obama: Call to Service in Colorado Springs, CO

again, the "controversial" part begins around min 4.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
I have read and read about Van Jones and all I find is the kind of stuff I want to see and the king of white washes you come up with.

Was he on the board of directors of the Apollo Alliance?
Was he ever involved with the Tides Foundation?
Was he ever involved at all with the SEIU?
Was he not on the CAP with Pinetta?
There are more but it is a waste of time to list any of them.
well, I guess you could look those things up or wait for Glenn to "inform" you. what do you mean, "king of white washes"?

Old 08-31-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Did he brag about the prison system making him change from radical activist to communist. I don't know since words do have meaning maybe he was just badmouthing the prison system. I choose not to think that though.

I can't accept all this crap about Jones being capitalist since he was on the board of the Appollo group and even helped write a very large part of the Stimulus bill. Look at the other people who were on that board at the same time and tell me he isn't a bit further left than just an ordinary liberal.

I guess none of those names were in any of those links I put out but I sure thought they were. Oh, it just hit me, a guest of Glenn Beck said all that. Were these people there or not? I guess I have to get to researching about those guys and try to find something in the state media about them, huh.
sorry, didnt see this earlier. Glenn's guest - Wade?

Apollo Alliance -- Apollo Board Member Van Jones Accepts White House Post : Apollo Alliance (http://apolloalliance.org/what’s-new/apollo-board-member-van-jones-accepts-white-house-post/ - broken link)

an interview: Welcome to the White House : Chat with Van Jones CEQ - What You Missed

a profile: GREENING THE GHETTO: Can a remedy serve for both global warming and poverty? | The New Yorker

PS. Van Jones has been this "Green Czar" since March.

Last edited by delusianne; 08-31-2009 at 01:01 AM.. Reason: faLLING asleep!

Old 08-31-2009, 01:28 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
How many of those you whine about were ex-convicts or communists? I didn't know any of them were. Actually, Van Jones is both so maybe he is the worst one in the bunch.
Where was I whining?
I simply asked you if you were outraged during the Bush administration when he appointed czars?
You seem to have a sore spot for all things Obama without looking at his predecessor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies