Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 10:31 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How many of those you whine about were ex-convicts or communists? I didn't know any of them were. Actually, Van Jones is both so maybe he is the worst one in the bunch.
Ex-convict? Got a link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 10:32 PM

5 posts, read 12,417 times
Love Glenn, hate czars. Write your congressman and senators, let them know your upset. Thank God he'll only be there for one term.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Roy, at the bottom of the newsbusters article is this:
*****Update: For the record, it appears the first suggestion of a Beck boycott by Color of Change came in an e-mail message sent to members on July 30 (h/t NBer Gary Hall).
Beck called Obama a racist on July 28, on Faux & Friends.

I think the July 23 and 28 Beck attacks on Jones were just a coincidence.

So it's good that newsbusters is at least honest enough to publish that, even though it's at the bottom of the page.

He and this Wade guy both lied -- in the July 23 quote, Glenn lied about Van Jones being an "avowed Communist"; the rest is Glenn's typically shoddy, dumbed-down, small-minded-for-small-minds summary, the implication about "green is the new red" was especially glib and stupid. I'll read the rest later.

edit -- possibly the newsbusters "tipster" found the information at the NYT?
That day, Fox News appeared to distance itself quickly from Mr. Beck’s remark that Mr. Obama was a racist, telling the TVNewser blog that Mr. Beck had “expressed a personal opinion, which represented his own views, not those of the Fox News Channel.”

Two days later, ColorOfChange asked its 600,000 members to sign a petition addressed to Mr. Beck’s advertisers. It says more than 100,000 have signed.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/14/bu...ia/14adco.html

If so, that means newsbusters is deferring to the untrustworthy liberal cesspool The New York Times !!!! !!!!
Of course, you didn't read anything from al Times of New York about the reverse boycott that has begun against those advertisers. It has a few more than 100,000 out of 600,000 ColorofChange folks that have agreed to support those who stayed with Beck and to boycott those who left. I wonder who gets hit in the pocket book first, corporations or Fox.

See, you found that little bit that was at the end. Most left leaners wouldn't have found that because they wouldn't have read that far. You are a good lady although a bit misguided, politically.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
I think they were a coincidence. He called Obama a racist on July 28th, Color of Change asked for a boycott July 30. In other words the boycott was more likely to do with the remark about the President, not the July 23 and 28 attacks on Van Jones. Color of Ch didnt askfora boycott on July 24, for example.

"Fox's Glenn Beck recently said President Obama is 'a racist' and has a 'deep-seated hatred for white people.' Beck is on a campaign to convince the American public that President Obama's agenda is about serving the needs of Black communities at White people's expense." - ColorOfChange.org

I agree with them there.
Sorry, I can't handle ColorofChange because it sounds to me like it is just what Beck accused Obama of being. I guess since I am a terrible racist because I wouldn't vote for him and can't accept so much of what he and his people are doing. I have been called racist for those two reasons by many but it just doesn't bother me.

So you think that the CofC was just after Beck because of what he said about the President? I think they went after him because of what he said about their old creator and leader. Liberal vs. conservative it looks like to me.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Ex-convict? Got a link?
One link per thread should be enough. There is one back there a bit about Jones in a post to either katiana or delusianne. Find it yourself since it isn't really very far back there.

You really didn't know that Jones had been put in jail for his part in a riot?

Old 08-30-2009, 10:42 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Of course, you didn't read anything from al Times of New York about the reverse boycott that has begun against those advertisers. It has a few more than 100,000 out of 600,000 ColorofChange folks that have agreed to support those who stayed with Beck and to boycott those who left. I wonder who gets hit in the pocket book first, corporations or Fox.

See, you found that little bit that was at the end. Most left leaners wouldn't have found that because they wouldn't have read that far. You are a good lady although a bit misguided, politically.
So what, about a reverse boycott? And if you'd read the Times article you'd see what the advertisers did -- dont be afraid of the Times just because you've been told to be. And why are you attacking the Times and trying to deride it? It turned out to be true-r than your newsbusters "article" -- is that why?

I found that little bit at the end -- and isnt it cowardly of newsbusters not to put its correction/update up top the way reputable news outfits do? -- because I dont trust what I read, roy, so I read it -- something most of you right wingers DO NOT DO, for whatever reason. But Faux, newsbusters et al. know that -- that's why the correction gets put at the end, that's why the misleading headline and first few paragraphs at Faux and only below the fold, grudgingly, the actual facts. This is true and you are being played like a harmonica by these people. Dont be played, roy, you're too nice.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
One link per thread should be enough. There is one back there a bit about Jones in a post to either katiana or delusianne. Find it yourself since it isn't really very far back there.

You really didn't know that Jones had been put in jail for his part in a riot?
and how long was he in there, and what was he in there for?
In 1992, during a protest of the Rodney King verdict in San Francisco, police officers illegally arrested Jones and hundreds of other participants in a peaceful protest march.[8] Jones, at the time a law student at Yale Law School, participated as a volunteer, legal monitor. The District Attorney later dropped the charges against Jones. The unlawfully arrested protesters, including Jones, won a small legal settlement. The incident deepened Jones's "disaffection with the system and accelerated [his] political radicalization."[8] - wiki summary of a post by Jones
Ive noticed some of you are parroting what you read/hear at your "news" sources: "an ex-felon."

Old 08-30-2009, 10:52 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Ex-convict? Got a link?

You are way behind, now look it up so you can stay caught up like the rest of us are.

Look the convict up, hint use LA Riots - thug - protestor - racist - criminal and you will find him.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I can't handle ColorofChange because it sounds to me like it is just what Beck accused Obama of being. I guess since I am a terrible racist because I wouldn't vote for him and can't accept so much of what he and his people are doing. I have been called racist for those two reasons by many but it just doesn't bother me.

So you think that the CofC was just after Beck because of what he said about the President? I think they went after him because of what he said about their old creator and leader. Liberal vs. conservative it looks like to me.
Why didnt they go after him on July 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, or 29, then?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
and how long was he in there, and what was he in there for?
In 1992, during a protest of the Rodney King verdict in San Francisco, police officers illegally arrested Jones and hundreds of other participants in a peaceful protest march.[8] Jones, at the time a law student at Yale Law School, participated as a volunteer, legal monitor. The District Attorney later dropped the charges against Jones. The unlawfully arrested protesters, including Jones, won a small legal settlement. The incident deepened Jones's "disaffection with the system and accelerated [his] political radicalization."[8] - wiki summary of a post by Jones
Ive noticed some of you are parroting what you read/hear at your "news" sources: "an ex-felon."
I don't know but I did read that Jones said he went in prison as a radical activist and came out a communist. Now if that isn't admitting something I guess Obama was wrong when he said words mean something. Kind of like saying that be for he said in Colorado Springs last September that he needed a civilian force as well funded, organized and armed as the military. He said both those things and then people started making excuses for him. He said it, not me. Jones said that and I didn't say it either. I don't know but trying to clean the crap off a kid that fell in the outside toilet was a big job for people back in the old days.

Lets see now. Does it not say in your post that Jones posted all those things? Cleaned up and everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies