Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 11:28 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,010,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Love you too. As for "against the law", if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it crash...

ya that kind of thinking in this area is slime ball and criminal. obviously you are ok with that. most of us are not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 11:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
While I do not respect your way of killing yourself, I do sympathise with your frustration. RIP Joe Stack.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:30 AM

938 posts, read 1,230,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not speculating just because one reason you guys have a problem with the IRS is that you don't want to pay your fair share. cheap is the root of it to start the ball rolling. again I will stop calling him a terrorist if it makes you feel better and just call him a cold blooded killer. does that make you feel better. grow up? gee how grown up is it to not acknowledge that the mans action describe domestic terrorism to the tee? talk about blinders
Cheap is NOT the root cause. Criminal on their part is.

please get some intelligence.

funny, you wanna apply the terrorist definition to the IRS and see if it fits too?

Old 02-26-2010, 11:33 AM

768 posts, read 1,087,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
I gotta add, any of you supporters heard of an IP address? Yeah they can find out who's typing what no matter how clever your name is. And to the guy who keeps saying the gov't is too broken to track people, well tracking people is about the one thing the gov't spares no expense for and can do, very well.
You, jufrbo ,whether you realize it or not just provided the perfect argument for why people like Joe Stack do the things they do and for why people like myself and a few enlightened others on this thread say the things we say. I won't argue the validity of what you say, maybe the man is monitoring us and maybe he isn't. The fact is, for most people, appearance is reality and if people really believe big brother is watching them than big brother is watching them.

Perhaps most people don't want to be monitored all the time, ever think of that? Perhaps most people just want to be left alone. But the all seeing eye, and the ever ubiquitous "invisible hand" (not a friendly one like Adam Smith's) which in reality is usually not so invisible as it riffles through your wallet, bank accounts, etc., just continues to torment them. Eventually people finally say, "this much I will take and no more!"

So let the government use my IP address to find me for exercising my right to free speech. Picture me slowly raising a certain finger in their collective faces and then turning around as I drop my trousers and crack them a smile. No, I for one will not be silent as I excitedly anticipate the next government building to be targeted.

20,054 posts, read 18,277,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
While I do not respect your way of killing yourself, I do sympathise with your frustration. RIP Joe Stack.
How DARE you say such as thing as an Obama supporter?

18,383 posts, read 19,010,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
Cheap is NOT the root cause. Criminal on their part is.

please get some intelligence.

funny, you wanna apply the terrorist definition to the IRS and see if it fits too?

no it does not fit, sorry most people pay their tax and move on and never hear another word from the IRS. stay honest and you won't have a problem. audited? get a tax lawyer and go to the audit. the IRS goes after people who evade paying their taxes or try to cheat their way to paying less. cheap asses who don't wanna pay.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:34 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
I know they don't agree. They don't agree that the IRS is corrupt. this is WHY people like you blame Joe Stack and not the IRS for what happened.

It's like Cancer. people think they can just cut the Cancer out and they are cured. No, you have to go to the source of the problem.

This is also why so much unrest is brewiing nationwide with Obama's stiimu-lies plan. it stinks to high heaven and the root cause is NOT the people, which Obama points all fault for the economy collapsing.

He said "Americans have had it good for far too long"
Actually, and I can only speak for myself, not for "people like me" (whoever they are), but I do blame Joe Stack for what happened, because setting fire to his home--was Joe Stack's choice. Nobody held a gun to his head. Fueling up the plane and aiming it at an occupied office building---was Joe Stack's choice. Nobody was in that plane with him, forcing him to do this horrible thing. He made choices. At least let him own those choices, rather than trying to blame the IRS.

As for cancer, um, you do cut out the cancer and are cured. Sometimes the cancer isn't operable, so other treatments have to be utilized. And even when doctors think the got it all, they play it safe by continuing various treatments for a period of time to be sure, but the cancer is the source of the problem.

Unrest is brewing nationwide because we always have unrest. We were at our most peaceful when George Washington was President, and even then we had people arguing over Federalism versus States' Rights. We even had national figures dueling because of the issue. We've had a Civil War. We've had Presidents assassinated. We've had people marching in the streets, throughout our history. The unrest today isn't some new political development. There have always been people upset with some aspect of our government. That doesn't excuse the people who, because they are angry, take out that anger on innocent bystanders, which is what Stack did when he aimed his plane at an occupied office building.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:35 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,277,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
I gotta add, any of you supporters heard of an IP address? Yeah they can find out who's typing what no matter how clever your name is. And to the guy who keeps saying the gov't is too broken to track people, well tracking people is about the one thing the gov't spares no expense for and can do, very well.
Do you know how many THOUSANDS of people are saying far worse than what we're saying, some even saying they'll do it themselves? You're overreacting. The government doesn't have the money to spend tracking tens of thousands of people. It's broke. Face reality. It can wish to spend as much as it likes, but it needs a budget and right now the government is clamping down on spending in key areas. Not gonna happen as much as you'd like to hope it would. Also, um...public wi-fi and spoofed mac address...

Old 02-26-2010, 11:37 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,097 times
You are all free to kill yourselves, not legally but when you're dead...who cares? When you take someone else out, you deserve the worst possible treatment regardless of the legitimacy of your complaints.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:37 AM

768 posts, read 1,087,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no it does not fit, sorry most people pay their tax and move on and never hear another word from the IRS. stay honest and you won't have a problem. audited? get a tax lawyer and go to the audit. the IRS goes after people who evade paying their taxes or try to cheat their way to paying less. cheap asses who don't wanna pay.
You do have a point there,hothulamaui. The fact is most people say they want freedom, but they really don't They need someone to tell them what to do because they are afraid to make decisions for themselves. But what is interesting is if you ask just about anyone, they will say they don't need someone telling them what to do, it's the other guy that needs to be put in line. Indeed the talk that's being talked doesn't square with the walk that's being walked.

But here is the thing; perhaps the truly enlightened and responsible started out by wanting to change the world for the better and cast off the chains of bondage for all, but when the realization finally hit that bondage is really what most people want, then a decision needed to be made. Live in bondage like the rest and feed the herd mentality, or break out of bondage for yourself and let everyone else keep the false security of their chains. That is what I have chosen and on an optimistic day, I like to believe a few others have chosen this noble path as well as I reckon a few on this thread have. But the fact is most of you will continue to founder in the sea of conformity while I bask in the sun on the rock of self reliance. I do this now for myself as most of you are unworthy of it as so many of your posts have shown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies