Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:51 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times

Advertisements

Typical overreaction from the P.C. crowd. It was just another dumb teenage prank. We've all done dumb things as kids. Now watch Walmart get sued by these idiots claiming how much the announcement physically and mentally traumatized them for life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 12:54 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
No, I'd probably laugh at that if I was in a Wal-Mart. As well as at "all white people must leave the store now". (I'm white) People have to be less uptight about issues of race.

Now if it was a business I'd never heard of and they did that over the loudspeaker, I'd be worried, certainly.

I doubt you would laugh if someone said "All Bible Thumpers and Good Ole Boys must leave the store now" I know I would laugh if I heard that but you probably wouldn't. The moral of the story is what you might find funny, others will find offense. Don't ask people to lighten up. Instead show some courtesy and consideration that someone might be offended

Old 03-16-2010, 12:56 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,098,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No doubt Obama would have seized control of the Wal-Mart Corporation and turned it over to the unions in the name of "social justice".
And Bush/Cheney would have quarantined the store, placed everyone under arrest, named them enemy combatants and renditioned them to a "black" site for torture and "interrogation". All in the name of expanded 'executive power', while exposing the covers of those agents who did their dirty work.

How very Guantanamo of you.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Typical overreaction from the P.C. crowd. It was just another dumb teenage prank. We've all done dumb things as kids. Now watch Walmart get sued by these idiots claiming how much the announcement physically and mentally traumatized them for life.
I don't think Walmart should get sued. And I don't think anything should happen to this perpetrator. However, I think people should boycott Walmart and send a message if they were offended. Hit them where it counts, the wallet

Old 03-16-2010, 12:58 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
PA prank at Washington Township Walmart has customers riled - NJ.com

Do you believe this should be a prank punished as a bias hate crime?

I think whoever did it should obviously be fired but prosecuted I am not sure about.
Sounds like tea baggers in action.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I actually laughed at this, most people I know (including my black friends) would laugh at it and know it was a joke right off the bat..
It's definitely a fire-able offense, but I really think that trying to prosecute it is pushing it a little too far.
Been Tweeting your friends or just speaking for them out of turn?

Anyway, guy streaks naked through the local Big Box, immature prank, yes. Harmful, no. Prosecutable, most definitely. Would there be threads popping up on internet discussions, doubtful.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:04 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,281,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Been Tweeting your friends or just speaking for them out of turn?

Anyway, guy streaks naked through the local Big Box, immature prank, yes. Harmful, no. Prosecutable, most definitely. Would there be threads popping up on internet discussions, doubtful.
If someone put it up on YouTube, then yeah there would be threads popping up.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:15 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No doubt Obama would have seized control of the Wal-Mart Corporation and turned it over to the unions in the name of "social justice".

WTF are you talking about? How did this IDIOT move become about Obama.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:15 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post

I doubt you would laugh if someone said "All Bible Thumpers and Good Ole Boys must leave the store now" I know I would laugh if I heard that but you probably wouldn't. The moral of the story is what you might find funny, others will find offense. Don't ask people to lighten up. Instead show some courtesy and consideration that someone might be offended
Az you have issues. You would laugh at other people's expense who you may not agree with but when it offends you there is a major problem.

You are just like the white trash you talk about in your previous post.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:17 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,354,218 times
If someone would have paged "All white people must now leave the store" nobody would have said anything and this would not be an issue.

Sure racism is wrong. But People are stupid. No need to fill up our prisons with people that didnt commit a crime. We have enough innocent people in prison as it is.

I think its funny that its only racism when it is targeted at a black, asian, hispanic person or anything not white. When a Black person assaults a white person, its just a crime. When a white person assaults a black person its a top news story, racism, and a crime.

Stop being blind people. I went into a store where I live that targets Blacks and Hispanic for their clothing. I went in to browse their goods cause something caught my eye. I was in there store for 20min looking around, walked by several associates and all I got was weird looks. Not one person offered to help me. I think stores like these should be illegal. Targeting a specific race as a market is racism towards the races left out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies