Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 01:20 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
If you want to punish Walmart, don't shop there and protest by not showing up. Companies could care less until you hit them where it counts...their wallet.

If anything, it just shows the white trash nature of Walmart in general...some guy can get on their intercom and make statements like this. Why do I have a feeling this wouldn't happen in Target or a more upscale store.
way to generalize and stereo type. You are just like the very people you are attacking. So sad.

Remember this scene two Christmases ago at Wal Mart?

Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede

Dont see any "white trash" at this walmart do we AZ?

Maybe you should look in the mirror before you spew ignorance.

and its further comedy when you classify Target as a "more upscale store".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Az you have issues. You would laugh at other people's expense who you may not agree with but when it offends you there is a major problem.

You are just like the white trash you talk about in your previous post.
And you lack intelligence to understand distinctions. I'm not like those white trash because I'm not going on an intercom and making those comments. Yeah, you forgot about that big distinction there my friend. The people who ask others to lighten up are often the biggest hypocrites because when it's a joke that is offensive to them, they don't lighten up

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
If someone would have paged "All white people must now leave the store" nobody would have said anything and this would not be an issue.

Sure racism is wrong. But People are stupid. No need to fill up our prisons with people that didnt commit a crime. We have enough innocent people in prison as it is.

I think its funny that its only racism when it is targeted at a black, asian, hispanic person or anything not white. When a Black person assaults a white person, its just a crime. When a white person assaults a black person its a top news story, racism, and a crime.

Stop being blind people. I went into a store where I live that targets Blacks and Hispanic for their clothing. I went in to browse their goods cause something caught my eye. I was in there store for 20min looking around, walked by several associates and all I got was weird looks. Not one person offered to help me. I think stores like these should be illegal. Targeting a specific race as a market is racism towards the races left out.

This is YOUR assumption Not everyone else's. Racism is NOT funny no matter who it targets and unless you've spoken to the 200 + Americans, your statement is just as ascenine as the IDIOT who thought their prank was funny. I would be offended NO MATTER what race was spewed over the loud speaker. That is a place of business, take the practical jokes outside.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Sorry..I did chuckle when I read this. We're so PC these days it's not funny anymore.
Bad joke yes. Punishment yes. Hate crime..no..just a sad anti-PC joke.

Like a previous poster stated..if they said "All white people must leave the store" I'd chuckle too.

I don't see it as a hate crime. I don't see it as an act of racism. I see it as a prank involving race, nothing more.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:22 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
Quote:
way to generalize and stereo type. You are just like the very people you are attacking. So sad.

Remember this scene two Christmases ago at Wal Mart?

Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede

Dont see any "white trash" at this walmart do we AZ?

Maybe you should look in the mirror before you spew ignorance.

and its further comedy when you classify Target as a "more upscale store".
So you show one picture of African Americans at a Walmart and extrapolate that to include all Walmarts. Nice reasoning! Do you think the majority of Walmarts in the country resemble that scene or one with a lot of white trash. I think you know the answer to that.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
And you lack intelligence to understand distinctions. I'm not like those white trash because I'm not going on an intercom and making those comments. Yeah, you forgot about that big distinction there my friend. The people who ask others to lighten up are often the biggest hypocrites because when it's a joke that is offensive to them, they don't lighten up
Oh you speak for all of them. And furthermore you have no clue who was on the PA system. And You have no clue about the location of this wal mart. No clue at all.

As stated you have a great abundance of ignorance.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
So you show one picture of African Americans at a Walmart and extrapolate that to include all Walmarts. Nice reasoning! Do you think the majority of Walmarts in the country resemble that scene or one with a lot of white trash. I think you know the answer to that.
Keep proving my point . you obviously cannot comprehend my posts so wee will leave it at that.

Get a clue and get some thicker skin.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:25 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
This thread is starting to get ugly. Bottom line, its not about PC, no matter the race, its not laughable its Ignorance pure and simple and for anyone to stated that if it was a comment made againsts whites and blacks wouldn't get offended, just the thought of that scenerio as well pisses me off.

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Oh you speak for all of them. And furthermore you have no clue who was on the PA system. And You have no clue about the location of this wal mart. No clue at all.

As stated you have a great abundance of ignorance.
People like that don't need any clues. They have all the answers because "they know". People like that tend to dictate how Americans should behave..all based on how they feel. Extremists are bad for America for that very reason.

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
There are laws against stupidity and it is not a defense. Aw but he didn't mean any harm doesn't get it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies