Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2010, 01:54 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I have to defend Wal*Mart on this. It was obviously a stupid dumb prank probably by some ignorant teenager trying to get on "Jackass". What is even dumber is that some people actually believed it and left!
I seriously doubt that it was an employee and, if it was, I seriously doubt that management directed him to make the announcement. And I would not bet on him having a job past today.
Wal-Mart 'Appalled' by Racial Announcement - AOL News
It was not dumb for Black people to leave. I think any group singled out would have left. Fear of the unknown is powerful and this country does have a history of things we do not like.
This kid needs to be taught about hollering out fire in a crowded theater and also about sending some pictures over the Internet.
I guess I'm thinking of what if Big Bubba has seen him with the microphone while he was speaking. Now let's keep in mind Big Bubba could be of any nationality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 02:07 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,488,891 times
It's really very simple...

WalMart's low prices attract those from society in the low income bracket.
Those in low income brackets usually come from areas where crime is prevalent and theft is common.
WalMart therefore experiences high theft.

Since not all blacks, or all whites commit theivery, the only wrong here was that the announcement should have said..."Attention WalMart customers...all ghetto blacks and all white trash must leave the store immediately."

Old 03-20-2010, 02:11 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
It's really very simple...

WalMart's low prices attract those from society in the low income bracket.
Those in low income brackets usually come from areas where crime is prevalent and theft is common.
WalMart therefore experiences high theft.

Since not all blacks, or all whites commit theivery, the only wrong here was that the announcement should have said..."Attention WalMart customers...all ghetto blacks and all white trash must leave the store immediately."
Is it wrong that I laughed hysterically at this post?

Old 03-20-2010, 03:37 PM

324 posts, read 573,440 times
Oh, man! Amazing how all those racist card players suddenly shut up, when it became clear, that it was some 16 year old pubert playing silly with the Walmart PA system. What a bad luck! It's just not enough for pointing finger, and cry "raciiiiiiiiiiiist"...

Old 03-20-2010, 03:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Turns out it was a 16 year old kid..not an employee. No details as he's a juvenile.

Police: Boy, 16, made racial comment at NJ Walmart - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100320/ap_on_bi_ge/us_wal_mart_racial_comment - broken link)

Old 03-20-2010, 04:08 PM

228 posts, read 507,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Turns out it was a 16 year old kid..not an employee. No details as he's a juvenile.

Police: Boy, 16, made racial comment at NJ Walmart - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100320/ap_on_bi_ge/us_wal_mart_racial_comment - broken link)
As a minority myself as reprehensible and stupid as this act was, I don't see a crime here. The reason for that is the kid said over the P.A. system, "Attention Wal-Mart Customers, all black people please leave the store now."

Nowhere did he make any threats nor did he say it to a specific person or persons directly. It would be a different story if he said, "All black people leave the store or else" since that can be construed as a threat. Or if he used coarse language (profanity or derogatory words) while making the announcement, that can be construed as harassment. He did not make any references about peoples' immediate safety.

For the sake of law I hope they drop the charges against this kid, because if he is convicted that can set a dangerous precedent for anything spoken over the public airwaves, including radio. Lawyers always twist anything and everything.

While I am not defending what this kid did, I think there is no crime here because he did not make any threats, false alarms, or use derogatory remarks of any kind. It's not the same as yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:14 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,048,028 times
So it was a teenager messing around on the intercom system.... well, DUH.
As usual, much ado about nothing. The race baiters just can't seem to catch a break anymore.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:16 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,410,503 times
I hope they prosecute the little jerk to teach him some decency.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:28 PM

228 posts, read 507,428 times
I have yet to see clowns like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson involved. Why? Because it is the white prosecutors and WalMart corporate clones who are trying to make themselves as PC as possible.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:32 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
He is a 16 year old creep. Moving on now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies