Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 03:21 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,112 times

Advertisements

Don't yall just love how carrying and hu-mange some libs are ?

Why don't you complain about the un-productive low-lifes who just stay in jail or do drugs and pass around 'very' exspensive to treat deaseas ? Maybe then you could give better care to the little babies you so love ;sarcasm'

We deserve a good life till the end ,since most elderly worked for their upkeep unlike most of the ones who I mentioned .

Know what a liver or kidney transplant cost there nursey poo ? A lot and know how many are passed around to prisoners and illegals while Americans die waiting ?

Your like that worn out piece of work communist Bob Dylan who said something like most old people should check out, well now he's old and he could do those like you and himself a favor and check the hell out .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 03:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Don't yall just love how carrying and hu-mange some libs are ?

Why don't you complain about the un-productive low-lifes who just stay in jail or do drugs and pass around 'very' exspensive to treat deaseas ? Maybe then you could give better care to the little babies you so love ;sarcasm'

We deserve a good life till the end ,since most elderly worked for their upkeep unlike most of the ones who I mentioned .

Know what a liver or kidney transplant cost there nursey poo ? A lot and know how many are passed around to prisoners and illegals while Americans die waiting ?

Your like that worn out piece of work communist Bob Dylan who said something like most old people should check out, well now he's old and he could do those like you and himself a favor and check the hell out .
Can you provide something other than your opinion on these assertions?
How many people in prison and/or "illegals" are cared for while "real 'merkins die waiting?

I just can't read you any more.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:24 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticleesa View Post
I have been in the healthcare industry for 18 years now, and cannot believe you actually believe those people die in peace!

We allow partial birth abortions of a grown fetus, yet we will not allow assisted death for terminally ill patients!

How about some personal responsibility on behalf of those parents having more children than they can afford? Those old people you speak of are from a generation you couldnt possibly know.

They worked their tails off to get that pension in a time were it wasnt all about what I could get for free off the people who work for a living. We live in a welfare state! We live in a society that believes it is unfair if Joe has more than me... rediculous.

Not trying to be mean but if you are indeed a heathcare worker.... please do not come near my family....
What ahs happened to comprehension skills? No one said anything about welfare. I am talking about 2 parents of a five year old with a genetic disorder who make 130000 a year who pay taxes and are not eligible for medicaid because they make too much but don't have enough money to pay for a wheelchair,o2 tanks,physical therapy, surgery to strenthen their muscles,and tube feeding supplies.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:25 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
My Dad was one of those seniors who had good genes and took care of himself. He was pretty healthy, mobile, and still living on his own at 85. He really didn't think he was old, ever. He had Medicare and bought the supplemental health insurance. He had botched hip replacement around age 65, and I know it caused him pain (though he'd only take Tylenol once in a while), and threw off his balance as he got older, since one leg was now more than 2" shorter than the other.

At around 80, he started thinking about having another hip replacement (his uncle lived to 100). Even with full medical insurance, and a perfect credit rating since he always paid his bills, no doctor would even talk about such a thing. He lived another 7 years, and I'm not arguing that he SHOULD have had this surgery. But I don't think over-treatment of the elderly happens very often.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What ahs happened to comprehension skills? No one said anything about welfare. I am talking about 2 parents of a five year old with a genetic disorder who make 130000 a year who pay taxes and are not eligible for medicaid because they make too much but don't have enough money to pay for a wheelchair,o2 tanks,physical therapy, surgery to strenthen their muscles,and tube feeding supplies.
If they're making $130k a year and have insurance they can certainly afford a wheelchair, O2 tanks, physical therapy, etc. That would be covered under their insurance, unless they chose not to carry any. If that's the case, it's their responsibility.

I have a disability and make no where near what they make and had an O2 concentrator, therapy, an additional piece of $3.5k equipment. Most of it was paid for by my insurance.

So, why is their kid more precious than other people?

Old 04-20-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I seriously doubt your story about an elderly person who is brain dead getting a 5th hip surgery. No doctor would recommend that and very few if any families would approve it. Advanced medical directives would address issues like when to treatment, or not, at the end of life but the Republicans don't want this cost save measure built into the health care system.

I also doubt that medicaid denied a wheelchair to a child with muscular dystrophy. They may have denied a wheelchair with all the bells and whistles on it---the same as they do for seniors---but if the child really needed a chair based on the doctor's assessment (not the families) he'd get it. There are also all kinds of charity groups that help children with serious medical problems.

If you're going to judge medical costs strictly on cost alone then it's the adult who should get treated, not the children. The children will cost the system a lot more money over his/her life time than the 98 year old senior. So how about we have a system where we don't make choices like that and just treat everyone? But that's too democratic for some people's tastes, isn't it.
Charities don't have enough money to spread around ok? And some drs cave in to families every demand,even if they know its unreasonable. People have to realize obamacare won't be able to pay for everybody,esp unneccesary stuff.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If they're making $130k a year and have insurance they can certainly afford a wheelchair, O2 tanks, physical therapy, etc. That would be covered under their insurance, unless they chose not to carry any. If that's the case, it's their responsibility.

I have a disability and make no where near what they make and had an O2 concentrator, therapy, an additional piece of $3.5k equipment. Most of it was paid for by my insurance.

You must not live in ny or nj

Old 04-20-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
And also the child would benefit more from the surgery that's why.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

If u are even asking this our society is really done. The elderly had their life,but a child is just starting out

Old 04-20-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
What does that have to do with them having insurance? Insurance pays for most of that.

That's a value judgment that a child would benefit more.
What gives you the right to decide who gets what treatment?
Do not these other people have value?
Do they not have family and those who love them?
How do you assign value to a human?
Most kids grow up to be couch potatoes, what's the value in that?

Quote:
If u are even asking this our society is really done. The elderly had their life,but a child is just starting out
Why do you deem yourself qualified to make that decision?
What if someone decides that you, at whatever age you might be, have no value?
This is a slipper slope and you are saying that you can decide who lives or dies.
That kid might grow up to be an ax-murderer.

Who are you to assign value to a life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies