Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 12:19 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It is not paraphrasing. I don't know about you but we earthly humans cannot contribute beyond our capabilities.

BTW, the topic you're trying to contribute to the best of your capabilities is about the elderly... and who runs medicare under which these elders ultimately rely on?
Find the thread on the treatment of that elderly gay couple who lost everything and tell me my concerns are invalid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 12:21 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I can't agree with you in that before Palin did her job on the Congress there were certainly provisions for death panels. Now if insurance companies have those death panels, what is to stop the DC people from doing the very same thing once they manage to get single payer insurance?
The people (and don't give me crap that corporations are people too).

But, you don't seem to have an issue with death panels today. So, why are you worried about it happening tomorrow?

Old 04-20-2010, 12:21 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
I was scheduled to have a sonogram on my carotid artery tomorrow but since it costs money and I am past your age of 75 I will call and tell them I am too old to be wasting their time and will then go out on the highway and lie down in front of a semi-truck. The damned fool driver would probably try to miss and wreck his rig so maybe I better sit around a think of a better way to take my life. I am a coward about suicide since I know a man who managed to blow off his jaw and cheekbone along with that side of his face but did a poor job and had to live for years without what he blew away.

When do you think the death panels will be in effect? Maybe they can take care of my problem.
Funny post. Don't you have Medicare?

Old 04-20-2010, 12:22 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,036,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
When its children who suffer the most? As a healthcare professional, I was reading an interesting blog. As a peds nurse I see many children who can't this or that done because there is no funding or they get rejected by insurance companies,meanwhile an elderly person who is 98 and on a ventilator ,and non responsive(brain dead) is getting her 5th. Hip surgery? Isn't that hip surgery unessesary at this point,meanwhile a child of 5 who is alert and has muscular dystrophy gets denied a wheelchair (and medicaid insurance) when they have a better prognosis than the elderly client? Or an elderly client who gets social security on top of getting a 3000 dollar pension and free medicare but we deny medicaid to the child who has cancer because the parents make 2000 a month? Tell me your opinions please
OK, so when you turn 65, kill yourself.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Find the thread on the treatment of that elderly gay couple who lost everything and tell me my concerns are invalid.
May be you should be the one talking about your concern (you provided nothing of the sort in your previous post to which I responded).

Old 04-20-2010, 12:27 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,344,746 times
Quote:
When do you think the death panels will be in effect?
They're already exist...Blue Cross, Aetna, United, etc...

Old 04-20-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
When do you think the death panels will be in effect? Maybe they can take care of my problem.
On Fox News, Glenn Beck runs it. You should watch it sometime... most of the viewers already act like zombies. And while it is a slow process, he is a genius who makes it look comfortable talking about things the viewers want to hear.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:33 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,991 times
This topic is here to get us use to the idea.
They will keep chipping away until enough say "Oh yeah!"
Then they will go a little further until it is the "right" thing to do.
They are stripping you of your soul and you don't even know it.
Say goodbye to your grandmother,
like you have said goodbye to everything else that made this world beautiful.
Oh, they ALWAYS have their reasons.
Have you ever noticed though, after they get their way?
Things are not quite as beautiful, have you noticed?

Old 04-20-2010, 12:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The people (and don't give me crap that corporations are people too).

But, you don't seem to have an issue with death panels today. So, why are you worried about it happening tomorrow?
Are there provisions in the shadily passed law that they will start putting into effect soon for death panels. I thought that Palin exposing that crap caused them to take those provisions out of the bills.

I have been against DC provided death panels from the beginning and don't think I will be changing soon. Then, today and tomorrow.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Funny post. Don't you have Medicare?
Ah yes, Medicare. I was told when I reached 65 that I had to go on Medicare and couldn't continue with the company insurance.

Why yes, I do have Medicare and it is very nice to get things like sonograms without having to pay out of pocket, but I was referring to the fact that since I am so old (77) many would think that I shouldn't be a drag on society.

Hell, I will drive myself to the session and then home. I am not as far gone as most at my age so I will keep on taking the advice of the doctor who lined me up for the sonogram. She is just trying to save my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies