Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2022, 11:18 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,026,292 times

Advertisements

49er fans, you got a hell of a team (and will probably beat us twice again next year), great game and rivalry.

NFC West = NFL Best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2022, 11:32 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,871,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
49er fans, you got a hell of a team (and will probably beat us twice again next year), great game and rivalry.

NFC West = NFL Best
Agreed!
Adding up wins and losses for the divisions in total---

NFC West--won 40, lost 28. Finishing right behind them is the AFC West-won 38, lost 30.

Old 01-30-2022, 11:53 PM

13,471 posts, read 4,304,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Jimmy has known the writing on the wall for awhile re: Trey Lance i.e. he is expected to start the 2022 season. That said, what a fantastic (and unexpected) run for the Niners this year; kudos to him for getting them this far amid his own future’s uncertainty (and a couple of lingering injuries as well) - particularly considering where they were mid-season.

It certainly was a bummer they lost today, but I’m still savoring their playoff wins against Dallas and Green Bay. :-)

I picked the 49ers but beating a rival playoff team in your division 3 times in a season was tough. My team the Ravens have never done it in the AFC North but the 49ers had the game with 17-7 up in the 4th quarter and they were driving at mid-field to seal the game and made 2 bad calls of running and punting instead of passing and it went bad from there.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:19 AM

602 posts, read 314,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Well, no bones about it now. The Jimmy G era in SF is over and now it’s time to turn toward getting Trey Lance ready to assume the controls.
Saw this in today's New York Post

"Jimmy Garoppolo still hasn’t reached greatness Bill Belichick once saw in him"

https://nypost.com/2022/01/31/jimmy-...zed-potential/

Old 01-31-2022, 11:05 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,171,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Well, no bones about it now. The Jimmy G era in SF is over and now it’s time to turn toward getting Trey Lance ready to assume the controls.

It's not so simple... Garoppolo's contract has a "no trade" clause so any proposed trade would require his approval. He might want to test the waters and asked to be released. Or the 49ers could just cut him and pay the remaining $1.4 million dead cap to him. Houston or Pittsburgh need a QB and could have interest in a veteran. Coaches like him because he's smart, learns the playbook quickly, always has a positive attitude and is well-liked in the locker room.

Old 01-31-2022, 11:12 AM

13,471 posts, read 4,304,071 times
I can't put all the blame on Jimmy. It's a team sport. The O line weren't protecting much in the 4th quarter or getting a push to run and take the load off Jimmy.

When they were up 17-7 in the 4th and were driving to seal the game at midfield, they called 2 bad run plays in a row that forced them to punt and it went down hill for there. That drop INT cost them because the Rams scored.

They played good for 3 quarters and the wheels fell apart in the 4th but it started on that drive in midfield to seal the game and called 2 bad running calls that made them punt. Thinking about it, it was 4th and 2 at midfield, they should have gone for it to seal the game, instead they punted and the Rams scored

Last play, at first it was a bonehead throw but it was 3rd and long and he didn't want to take a sack and make it 4th down and forever so he tried to make something with Donaldson on him. I blame more the play calling and offensive line.

Old 01-31-2022, 12:57 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,342,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
That drop INT cost them because the Rams scored.
You bring up a lot of good points. I was thinking about that dropped INT as well and was wondering if he did catch it and the 49ers were able to at least drive down the field, how that could have changed/impacted the game, I guess we will never know?

Old 01-31-2022, 01:26 PM

609 posts, read 350,319 times
We cant blame everything on Jimmy Garoppolo this time (though some of his throws were mind boggling). Its on the coach, I don't know what the heck Shanahan was doing the last 6 minutes of the game. I acknowledge that I have mixed emotions, I am very happy with my Niners, but at the same time, I am pissed because the game was there for the taking. Thanks Trump!

Old 01-31-2022, 05:29 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,606,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's not so simple... Garoppolo's contract has a "no trade" clause so any proposed trade would require his approval. He might want to test the waters and asked to be released. Or the 49ers could just cut him and pay the remaining $1.4 million dead cap to him. Houston or Pittsburgh need a QB and could have interest in a veteran. Coaches like him because he's smart, learns the playbook quickly, always has a positive attitude and is well-liked in the locker room.
I’m not a huge fan of Jimmy G but he’s better than Lance. Despite not being popular amount the fans he has done well. Truth be told I don’t think Lance is the QB of the future either. If I had to choose though I’d pick Jimmy G.

All that said the 4th quarter was horrible. It was literally our game to lose and we lost it.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:24 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I’m not a huge fan of Jimmy G but he’s better than Lance. Despite not being popular amount the fans he has done well. Truth be told I don’t think Lance is the QB of the future either. If I had to choose though I’d pick Jimmy G.

All that said the 4th quarter was horrible. It was literally our game to lose and we lost it.
I don't think so either.

Right after that draft I was thinking Mac Jones would have been a better choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football