Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

same as trash, litter, shopping cart, dirty feet on everything benches tables , foul language bad manners dirty appearance and so on,
"i am a victim" and u owe me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 10:16 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Shopping carts and litter are two different things.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:43 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I was pretty clear - I asked what you would do if you SAW SOMEONE throw trash in your yard. What do you want - age, height, whether or not they were walking or driving? OK - what if you saw an eighteen year old young woman, your neighbor, walking past your house and she casually threw her Big Gulp cup onto your lawn as she meandered along her way?

So the above scenario wouldn't irritate you? You would think it was OK for an able bodied young woman to casually throw her trash in your yard for you to pick up? You think you're willing and able to pick it up and she's actually unable to throw it in a trash receptacle somewhere? Or is it OK that she's simply UNWILLING to do so because it's easier for her to just chunk it down in your yard rather than carry it into her house three houses down and put it in the trash there?
You didn't ask me if it would irritate me, and you didn't ask me if it was OK. You asked if I would litter, and what would I do if someone else thew it on my lawn. I twas pretty clear, and I told you. I'd pick it up an throw it in the trash. And, yes, it would matter if they were walking or driving, if I had a mind to chase them down and confront them, but it's not my nature to go looking for confrontations, when pickimg up a slurpy cup is so much easier. 18 year old young woman? I don't know -- is she hot?

Every day when I walk to my mailbox, I pick up litter I see that has been thrown by my apartment neighbors or their visitors, and I toss it in the junk mail barrel by the mailboxes. No big deal.

Last edited by jtur88; 11-11-2013 at 10:58 PM..

Old 11-12-2013, 05:56 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Bad carts have been banished to the frozen Tundra and turned into ->>>Tundra tanks they are heavily armored all-around vehicles with two types of wheels: wheels equipped with spikes and treaded wheels. The former are primarily used over icy terrain, thus in mountains or the poles. The latter are suitable for almost all other environments, including deserts, grasslands, and urban areas. The steam- human strength, that power the tundra tanks are extremely efficient and durable engines; extreme climatic conditions cannot harm them, while they allow the tank to scale even sheer rock cliffs using the two grappling hooks on the front end. A particularly notable feature of the tank is the unique rotating cabin, capable of righting the tank should it get flipped over. This feature is particularly useful when combating earthbenders (people)or any kind of vehicle stationed on a parking lot. The older known carts were used when the vehicle sustained severe damage, and the operators must leave- fuming to get revenge. Now the powerful Tundra carts are a force to be reckoned with!

Old 11-12-2013, 07:53 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Oh, it will happen when you least expect it. And when it does, we don't want to hear you belly-aching about it either.
Remember when I wrote about that danged cart that was up against my car? The one I pushed over the curb?? lol Well, looking at my car after that I noticed that it DID leave a 'smear' on my car. Fortunately it's nothing that can't be buffed out and didn't actually dent it. I guess I got lucky. lol Still seeing shopping carts taking up parking spaces though.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Every day when I walk to my mailbox, I pick up litter I see that has been thrown by my apartment neighbors or their visitors, and I toss it in the junk mail barrel by the mailboxes. No big deal.
So does it irritate you that others don't respect you enough to throw their own trash away?

Old 11-12-2013, 09:54 AM

THIS is what bothers me about shopping carts rolling around the parking lot, litterbugs, and while we're at it, let's throw in ridiculously loud music coming from cars and other houses. The common thread through each of these scenarios is that the other person is generally putting their comfort ahead of yours - in other words, it's selfish behavior nearly every time (I'm not talking about exceptions here, folks, I'm talking generally). They DO NOT CARE if their pursuit of comfort infringes on your comfort AT ALL. They certainly don't care if you're actually harmed in any way by their selfishness - the thought probably doesn't even enter their pea brains. You gotta work tonight? So what - they're hanging out right outside your window and doggone it, they want to listen to their toons. Done with this cup? They want it out of their vehicle - after all, someone else will pick it up, right? It doesn't matter if it lands in your yard, or even on your windshield as you're driving. That cigarette butt? What grassfire? And that grocery cart...well, dang, it's raining. Why should they push it back when they can leave it in this empty parking space close to the entryway - you can drive further along and walk in the rain yourself because they sure as heck aren't going to do it.

Grrrrrr.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:22 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
THIS is what bothers me about shopping carts rolling around the parking lot, litterbugs, and while we're at it, let's throw in ridiculously loud music coming from cars and other houses. The common thread through each of these scenarios is that the other person is generally putting their comfort ahead of yours - in other words, it's selfish behavior nearly every time (I'm not talking about exceptions here, folks, I'm talking generally). They DO NOT CARE if their pursuit of comfort infringes on your comfort AT ALL. They certainly don't care if you're actually harmed in any way by their selfishness - the thought probably doesn't even enter their pea brains. You gotta work tonight? So what - they're hanging out right outside your window and doggone it, they want to listen to their toons. Done with this cup? They want it out of their vehicle - after all, someone else will pick it up, right? It doesn't matter if it lands in your yard, or even on your windshield as you're driving. That cigarette butt? What grassfire? And that grocery cart...well, dang, it's raining. Why should they push it back when they can leave it in this empty parking space close to the entryway - you can drive further along and walk in the rain yourself because they sure as heck aren't going to do it.

Grrrrrr.
no respect?? ... and well... it comes from the top. hear senators screaming LIAR!!! in a forum, see mayors going to jail for smoking joints,,, now one leader for smoking crack... police abusing women, coaches abusing kids- pastors abusing everyone--no drugs well maybe drugs ahh, lets just get drunk that's OK!- hot pants noo-- shorty shorts,,, just stick your tongue out and rub all over on TV... - what are you people expecting from our youth?? you think carts are a problem... hmm live a bit longer. this next generation--- whoaahh

Old 11-12-2013, 03:43 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:

Grrrrrr.
LOL...feel better?? Just kidding. I know you mean it and I agree. I could rant about litterbugs and why it's impossible to do anything about it, but that would be way off topic so I'll be nice and not do it.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
LOL...feel better?? Just kidding. I know you mean it and I agree. I could rant about litterbugs and why it's impossible to do anything about it, but that would be way off topic so I'll be nice and not do it.
You're a lot nicer than me. But then...like I said, I think there's a connection. I have a sneaky suspicion that many of the same people who toss their cart aside toss trash out their car windows as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology