Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2018, 08:31 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times

Advertisements

I had to go to the grocery store twice today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 09:09 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,028,320 times
My iPhone is two years old, which means it's not holding a charge all day. I feel betrayed.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:26 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
The battery needs to be recharged on this phone which will require me to plug the charger in.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:37 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
My phone is 3 years old. I'm obsolete.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:38 AM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Both my tennis court and the one next to me opened "Penn 2's."

Old 07-30-2018, 04:22 PM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
My cell phone is 5 years old. It is a special edition blue HTC One (M7.) It's starting to act like an old phone...sluggish and doesn't hold a charge. And because it is a unibody, I can't replace the battery. I have really loved this phone. I don't want to replace it. But I might have to. *sigh*

Old 07-31-2018, 06:12 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
Getting a healthy fast food breakfast this morning, and I like to use my phone to 'tap-n-pay'. I believe this is much faster than inserting the card and forever waiting for it to read the chip.

So, I use the phone to bring up a promo code for this place and the promo code doesn't work, requiring a call to a manager. After that has been cleared, I switch over to the payment app, unlock it and hold it over the pin pad. My phone vibrates and says that I must enter my PIN. Okay, so I do that and hold the phone back over the pin pad, only to be told the pin pad has an error. Each time I put my phone close, it acts like it is trying to read the phone, but does not. When I pull my phone away, it acts like I just committed a crime!

After many attempts, it finally goes through. By then, my food is ready and I turn to leave. An elderly gentleman looks at me and points to my phone...

"Technology is great, ain't it, son?"

Gonna be a long, loooooong day.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:04 AM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
I was struggling to rearrange my pillow this morning when my hand slipped off and I almost gave myself a shiner. Just now I looked behind the bed to see if bunnyhead was back there (she was), but I thumped my head against the wall. If all goes to plan, I should be unconscious by noon.

Old 07-31-2018, 12:18 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I was struggling to rearrange my pillow this morning when my hand slipped off and I almost gave myself a shiner. Just now I looked behind the bed to see if bunnyhead was back there (she was), but I thumped my head against the wall. If all goes to plan, I should be unconscious by noon.
That's one way to escape reality for a bit. Cheap, too!

I understand what you're saying. I found a pair of slide-on shoes in my closet yesterday and thought, "Why don't I ever wear these?" As I was walking out my front door, the shoe got caught on my rug and I nearly flung myself down the stairs of my porch. "Aha!" I thought to myself. "That's the reason I don't wear these stupid shoes." And then I continued wearing them and tripped on the rug on the way back into the house later that evening.

We missed our careers in slapstick comedy, SeaOfGrass.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:57 PM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Yeah...

Some years back I had this local lady I found online, make me these pants. See, I was going on vacation, to the beach. I had a vision of myself standing on a balcony or on the sand, these nice sort of thin cotton gauzy pants blowing in the breeze along with my long, dark hair. Yes, I had to have them. Clever woman, she made the white pair I ordered, and then she also made a gorgeous bright red pair as well, and I bought them on the spot.

I had decided I did not like the normal thing with "harem pants" or whatever, where they gather into an elastic at the ankles, I wanted them loose and flowing about my feet! Yeah...then I found out WHY they normally gather at the ankles. When I walk, barefoot or in sandals, my big toe manages to get hung in the shifting fabric of the opposite pant-leg, and nearly causes me to fall flat on my face. This has happened several times, often when I was trying to go up or down stairs.

So much for my lovely, graceful, blowing in the wind. More like simultaneously risking breaking a toe and taking a tumble.

Fantasy...always so much better than reality, I tell ya. *sigh*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology