Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2016, 05:14 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times

Advertisements

When I was severely wronged I fantasized about doing horrible things to the person or people that hurt me. But after time had passed I realized nothing would be gained by it. "Hatred & bitterness is like drinking poison hoping your enemy will die".

Twenty five years is a long time to hang onto this. Considering your abusive family life and this incident from junior high school I certainly hope you have been getting counseling especially if you are married or have children. This hatred cannot be good for you or anyone close to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 07:12 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,277,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by startingfromscratchagain View Post
Let's say you're out walking with your child, your mother, or your wife, and someone runs up to them and punches them in the face hard enough to knock them down. After the person is knocked down, the attack steps back what is clearly enough distance he cannot launch another immediate attack, and perhaps even looks to be retreating. Now, the attack, instead of leaving, stays in place laughing and carrying on "how he smacked the crap out of whoever", and that nothing is going to happen because he is a diplomat and well connected. What are you gonna do? You gonna espouse the wrong's of immediate revenge in your head, and tell your attacker karma will be his justice? Or are you gonna give that punk what for?
My immediate concern would be the safety of my wife/mother/child.

I would assume the person was out of their mind, and try to get out of the situation.

I would like to detain the person/call the police, but I couldn't do all of those things at once, hence my family taking precedence.

However who knows what I would actually do in the heat of the moment. I may chase the guy down and bash his face in...and no one would blame me for doing so, but the police or courts might think differently about it, especially if he was a high powered person. By reacting on instinct I could have just ruined my life.

----

There's nothing wrong with defending yourself or your family, but even so the situation presented here isn't at all analogous to the OP's 25 years of harboring resentment.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:37 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
Right or wrong, OP's behavior is not unusual and is common. Do I agree with it? I don't know. But I do know that it's not unusual or abnormal behavior. In fact, it's quite normal (look at modern society and current events).
I agree it's "normal" by the standards of the world. As I said in a previous post, look at how well the world is doing....not that great. Normal sucks.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:15 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,532,089 times
Funny came across this on another forum tonight:

https://www.quora.com/What-do-former...oby?srid=uJ73M

Old 05-11-2016, 10:36 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,323,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeZoo View Post
I'm sorry but you all have been punked. The OP is a teenager or very young man fantasizing about getting even with bullies from the past. This is all made up BS.
Managed to have time for more than 5,000 posts. I hope this is a fantasy because it's totally creepy. But either way, the OP needs help.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:48 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeZoo View Post
I'm sorry but you all have been punked. The OP is a teenager or very young man fantasizing about getting even with bullies from the past. This is all made up BS.
Nope the OP is legit, he's been on here for years. It could be worse though. Be glad the OP didn't shoot this guy or something.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:23 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
All I have to say to OP is that the revenge he took changed him for the worse. So now every time someone gets on your bad side, you are going to plot revenge?

And you used others to execute your revenge, involving them in a scheme that deprives them of profit? For what? Your sense of perverted justice?

Absolutely not. As I said, people have crossed me before and I have wished them well, people have wronged me and asked me for forgiveness and I always grant it...but nearly choking me to death for defending myself and then growing up to be a criminal who beats his GF and young son is not the standard person who crosses me. This is a special case and I don't understand how people have trouble seeing that.

Some people are just so naive they think everyone just wants to sing kumbaya and no one exist who sound be punished. I guess someone going to fight ISIS is just as bad as ISIS is too.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by startingfromscratchagain View Post
Let's say you're out walking with your child, your mother, or your wife, and someone runs up to them and punches them in the face hard enough to knock them down. After the person is knocked down, the attack steps back what is clearly enough distance he cannot launch another immediate attack, and perhaps even looks to be retreating. Now, the attack, instead of leaving, stays in place laughing and carrying on "how he smacked the crap out of whoever", and that nothing is going to happen because he is a diplomat and well connected. What are you gonna do? You gonna espouse the wrong's of immediate revenge in your head, and tell your attacker karma will be his justice? Or are you gonna give that punk what for?
THANK YOU!

I mean, I guess Simon Wisenthal was wrong for hunting down Nazis all those years to bring them to Israel to hang. After all, he was "just as bad as they were"

I could see if I slit the throat of someone who cut me off, but this is different. Why is it so hard for some people to understand there are really awful people out there who deserve to have awful things done back to them?

I bet these are the same kind of people who were mad when Bin Laden was killed.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Junior HS? Twelve-years old? Thirteen maybe?

That's the difference--he was a kid. You, on the other hand, are now middle-aged. And getting your locker room jollies from acting like a junior-highschooler.

But as long as it makes you feeeeeel good...

Again, he BEAT HIS GIRLFRIEND UP A FEW YEARS AGO AND HER SON WHEN HE TRIED TO GET BETWEEN THEM! He is NOT a nice guy.

Honestly, he is one of those career thug type people who go in and out of jail and never do anything but awful things to society, and he was since day one.

And few junior highschoolers could pull off what I did.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
This person experienced grief with those groups? What did they do to him?

They were upset that he made fun of them on FB and then told them his home address and asked them to meet him face to face if they were man enough....or at least on the FB page I made using his pictures under his name

And no, they didn't kill him because even though would need more than insults for that and at most they showed up at his house for a talk and just scared him.

The ISIS sympathizers I sent mutilated images of a Koran to on the other hand...who knows what they'll do. Maybe nothing or maybe they'll do a little Jihad action on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology