Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2016, 11:06 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Well, it isn't! Revenge is synonym to EYE ON EYE.

Not plotting something from far away which angers the other person a little but he doesn't know why stuff happens to him. It is not real revenge IMO. OP is a coward. At least be a MAN and stand behind the transsexual and say "THATS WHAT YOU GET!" or the like.
That would've of been hilarious.

He also has to record the moment. Especially the look on the guy's face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 11:22 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
That would've of been hilarious.

He also has to record the moment. Especially the look on the guy's face.
Exactly!

Old 05-12-2016, 11:28 AM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
Yeah, its better to just choke on it for the rest of your life.. Tell yourself how you're a "better person," and how you refuse to stoop to his level and all that happy horseshiit.
Yeah, you're right. It's much better to sit out one's life as Bubba's jail cell cot-warmer for aggravated assault...presuming the guy you beat up didn't shoot you.

Somewhere out there, there is probably someone who has been harboring a grudge against me for something I may not even remember doing.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:46 AM

You know this would all be avoided if people just treat each other with respect and dignity and not try to bully and intimidate each other. All of this talk of revenge and the desire for revenge would not exist.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:09 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,791,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I was bullied in junior high a lot,
I was bullied a lot in JR high, High and in life. Tempted to get revenge? Yes, did I? No, I gave my anger and hate to God to deal with. I freed myself and let others do as they wish, payback is in someone else's hand.

(Note to those who don't believe in God, this was my method of "Getting Revenge" I know some would rather actually take revenge, but that's being small like the OP)

Old 05-12-2016, 12:42 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
Quote:
You know this would all be avoided if people just treat each other with respect and dignity and not try to bully and intimidate each other. All of this talk of revenge and the desire for revenge would not exist.
Kids who bully other kids are usually bullied by their parents at home. They are just kids acting out because of their own abuse at home and have no idea why they are doing what they are doing.

To get revenge on another person for what he did when he was an abused kid himself is very sad. That's not revenge, it is sickness.

If you want to get revenge, hunt their parents down and kill them.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Kids who bully other kids are usually bullied by their parents at home. They are just kids acting out because of their own abuse at home and have no idea why they are doing what they are doing.

To get revenge on another person for what he did when he was an abused kid himself is very sad. That's not revenge, it is sickness.

If you want to get revenge, hunt their parents down and kill them.
This is just a generality that's not even mostly true. A good number of bullies actually come from well off families and they are who they are because their parents and others around them spoil them and enable their poor behavior. And even those that do come from abusive households have no excuse. Lord knows, it isn't like their targets don't come from tough home lives. And yet they don't lash out.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:51 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
Quote:
This is just a generality that's not even mostly true. A good number of bullies actually come from well off families and they are who they are because their parents and others around them spoil them and enable their poor behavior. And even those that do come from abusive households have no excuse. Lord knows, it isn't like their targets don't come from tough home lives. And yet they don't lash out.
Two types of people come from abuse. Abusers and victims. Abusers lash out. These are the bullies. Victims learn to be helpless and take abuse.

There is plenty of data showing that kids who are spanked or otherwise abused are much more likely to bully.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:55 PM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Two types of people come from abuse. Abusers and victims. Abusers lash out. These are the bullies. Victims learn to be helpless and take abuse.
You (like an earlier poster) appear to have neglected those who took steps to prevent future abuse. They are no longer helpless and will take no more abuse.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:

There is plenty of data showing that kids who are spanked or otherwise abused are much more likely to bully.
So where's the data?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology