Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2016, 02:25 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
THANK YOU!

I mean, I guess Simon Wisenthal was wrong for hunting down Nazis all those years to bring them to Israel to hang. After all, he was "just as bad as they were"

I could see if I slit the throat of someone who cut me off, but this is different. Why is it so hard for some people to understand there are really awful people out there who deserve to have awful things done back to them?

I bet these are the same kind of people who were mad when Bin Laden was killed.
The fact that you are equating somebody who bullied you in childhood to Nazi war criminals or international terrorists speaks volumes as to how little closure your supposed revenge escapade has provided you with.

Fact is, your revenge tactics have not done the job of removing this person from your headspace or allowing you to move on in life, clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 02:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Hopefully you didn't spend a lot of time looking up sources, because this poster (along with another frequent poster, see the "spanking" thread) is the sort who's likely to say that if your evidence comes from the field of psych, it's not valid, and will blow off any and all data presented out of hand.

Old 05-12-2016, 02:32 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Suspenders View Post
Sounds like a wimpy form of revenge to be honest. I would have slashed his car tires, rob him at gunpoint and them make him kiss my feet at gunpoint. Then I would have pistol-whipped him and threaten to come back if he calls the police.
Uh...?

So. You're not mad at me. Right?

(backing slowly away...)

Old 05-12-2016, 02:38 PM

505 posts, read 502,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Maybe you should thank them
I'll be sure to do it when they're drunk and they run into me and think we're best friends

Old 05-12-2016, 03:24 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I don't see the difference. What does a terrorist do? Try to get you to submit to their will by performing cruel acts. What does a bully do? Try to get you to submit to their will by doing cruel acts.
You don't see the difference in a bully and a terrorist who murders thousands of people? Seriously? Was the OP murdered? He may have been tormented in junior high 25 years ago but unless his bully killed people he IS different from a terrorist. Good lord I hope I never run into any of you people IRL.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:32 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
You don't see the difference in a bully and a terrorist who murders thousands of people? Seriously? Was the OP murdered? He may have been tormented in junior high 25 years ago but unless his bully killed people he IS different from a terrorist. Good lord I hope I never run into any of you people IRL.
Apparently the bully almost killed him. Which is an act of no mere bully but a psychopath.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:53 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
A psychopath who was probably 12-14 years old? Yes I agree the OP suffered at the hands of this bully but it's time to let it go already. Hurting people hurt people and for all we know the bully was being severely abused at home which is why he was lashing out. I think I would be on the OP's side if he had learned some self defense, located the bully and beat the snot out of him. He's a coward because he still won't face this bully, he's getting his revenge in juvenile ways and thinks it's okay to cause businesses to lose money because of his antics. Then he justifies himself by saying that businesses consider this "loss" just part of doing business.

I'm done with this thread.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:03 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:
A psychopath who was probably 12-14 years old? Yes I agree the OP suffered at the hands of this bully but it's time to let it go already. Hurting people hurt people and for all we know the bully was being severely abused at home which is why he was lashing out. I think I would be on the OP's side if he had learned some self defense, located the bully and beat the snot out of him. He's a coward because he still won't face this bully, he's getting his revenge in juvenile ways and thinks it's okay to cause businesses to lose money because of his antics. Then he justifies himself by saying that businesses consider this "loss" just part of doing business.

Um... that's still revenge.

Do you support the idea of revenge or not?

Oh and please stop with the they were abused at home crap as if that is a valid excuse.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:11 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Quote:

yeah, I agree. He's a whimp. Still.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:51 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,757,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
Maybe this guy had a horrible home life, (he probably did to act the way he did to you, and I'm sure you're not the only one). So yeah he picked on you, then he had to go home and get picked on.
Quote:
A psychopath who was probably 12-14 years old? Yes I agree the OP suffered at the hands of this bully but it's time to let it go already. Hurting people hurt people and for all we know the bully was being severely abused at home which is why he was lashing out.
That is no excuse whatsoever for bullying others. Your home life problems are not anybody else's problems. No need to take your frustrations out on helpless innocent people who are not to blame for your problems in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology