Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2022, 12:07 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times

Advertisements

I just went to Wawa's website and saw everything they offer by category. I have no skin in the game having been to a Wawa probably twice in my life and I've never gotten food there, or if I did it was not memorable (might have gotten food at one in Bucks County, can't remember).

The hatred of anything new coming to this area is over the top, I really don't get it. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up somewhere stagnant. Roll with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2022, 01:00 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,336,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I just went to Wawa's website and saw everything they offer by category. I have no skin in the game having been to a Wawa probably twice in my life and I've never gotten food there, or if I did it was not memorable (might have gotten food at one in Bucks County, can't remember).

The hatred of anything new coming to this area is over the top, I really don't get it. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up somewhere stagnant. Roll with it.
I have nothing against Wawa, but they have a bad website. You can't tell what veggies are on their sandwiches. When you are a vegetarian that's a very important consideration. It only says "veggie" or "roasted veggie" under cold hoagies. You can't click on it. https://www.wawa.com/fresh-food/hoagies

Sheetz's website will let you order from it and customize your order so you can see exactly what veggies they have for their sandwiches: Shredded Lettuce, Sliced Tomatoes, Pickles, Mild Pepper Rings, Guacamole, Pico, Diced Onions, Red Onions, Black Olives, Jalapenos, Cooked Peppers, Caramelized Onions, Cooked Onions & Peppers, Pepper, Salsa, Old Bay, Salt, plus all the different cheeses, but I'm not as interested in those.

Wawa's website doesn't list their veggies anywhere that I can see. If it's on there, gimme a link. I'd like to take a look.

Old 03-12-2022, 03:08 PM

1,326 posts, read 724,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
I said what I said.
No hoagie for you!

Old 03-12-2022, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I have nothing against Wawa, but they have a bad website. You can't tell what veggies are on their sandwiches. When you are a vegetarian that's a very important consideration. It only says "veggie" or "roasted veggie" under cold hoagies. You can't click on it. https://www.wawa.com/fresh-food/hoagies

Sheetz's website will let you order from it and customize your order so you can see exactly what veggies they have for their sandwiches: Shredded Lettuce, Sliced Tomatoes, Pickles, Mild Pepper Rings, Guacamole, Pico, Diced Onions, Red Onions, Black Olives, Jalapenos, Cooked Peppers, Caramelized Onions, Cooked Onions & Peppers, Pepper, Salsa, Old Bay, Salt, plus all the different cheeses, but I'm not as interested in those.

Wawa's website doesn't list their veggies anywhere that I can see. If it's on there, gimme a link. I'd like to take a look.
It's probably not worth maintaining a detailed website since people just go in to order or use their phone.

I just looked at the menu, and as an on again/off again vegetarian with a vegetarian kid, I'd take the veggie sub from Wawa any day because they have spinach and cucumbers and oregano and more breads than Sheetz to choose from.

I don't really get much in the way of actual food at either place though, but IMO, Wawa tends to lean a little more upscale/fresher/health conscious with some of their prepared/made to order foods.

That said, they do disgusting but delicious gas station stuff well too. I got a Chips Ahoy cold cappuccino thingy there last summer that was everything I thought it would be and more after I saw a billboard for it hundreds of miles earlier.

Old 03-12-2022, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
I just looked at the menu, and as an on again/off again vegetarian with a vegetarian kid, I'd take the veggie sub from Wawa any day because they have spinach and cucumbers and oregano and more breads than Sheetz to choose from.
Where do you see the kinds of veggies? That's what I'm looking for and I can't tell what they have?

It's really not that expensive to have a good website. I'm sure a company as large as Wawa can list the available ingredients on their website and/or allow folks to order from it.

Old 03-13-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Where do you see the kinds of veggies? That's what I'm looking for and I can't tell what they have?

It's really not that expensive to have a good website. I'm sure a company as large as Wawa can list the available ingredients on their website and/or allow folks to order from it.
The app

Old 03-13-2022, 10:32 AM

That was my whole point. Why make me download an app to see what they offer when they could just put it on their website? I don't want their app.

Last edited by poppydog; 03-13-2022 at 11:27 AM..

Old 03-13-2022, 10:40 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
That was my whole point. Why make me download an app to see what they offer when they could just put it on their website. I don't want their app.
We have entered a world where websites are fading from relevance, and EVERYONE wants us to use apps.
Easier to track us. Easier to violate our privacy.

Old 03-13-2022, 05:28 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
We have entered a world where websites are fading from relevance, and EVERYONE wants us to use apps.
Easier to track us. Easier to violate our privacy.
They can track you pretty well on websites too.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:02 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
They can track you pretty well on websites too.
Oh, yeah.
But apps sit on your phone, wherever you go, and you usually have to opt out of having all traffic scanned.
And, the phone is surpassing computers for internet access.

My desktops sit at home and office.
Location on my phone can be tracked wherever I go if I allow, or perhaps even if I don't allow.
And, phone users are more casual about security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary