Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2022, 08:19 AM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times

Advertisements

More info:

After Hours-Long Search, Manhunt Ends With Exchanged Gunfire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vL1prvcoqM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2022, 08:21 AM

1,326 posts, read 722,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickandiron View Post
Our gun culture is a recipe for disaster, that’s for certain.

If we keep arming these sociopathic white boys/young men, I don’t see how we can expect our communities to be safe.
We can't expect our communities to be safe if we keep arming troubled Black and Hispanic boys and young men either and failing to provide appropriate support.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:35 AM

805 posts, read 523,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
We can't expect our communities to be safe if we keep arming troubled Black and Hispanic boys and young men either and failing to provide appropriate support.
Also true.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:37 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by universe93b View Post
is the shooter muslim/brown? --> start travel bans
is the shooter hispanic? --> build a wall
is the shooter black? --> more cops and prisons
is the shooter white? --> thoughts and prayers and why did our pi$$ poor mental health system fail him/her?
+++1

Old 10-15-2022, 08:40 AM

805 posts, read 523,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
UnfreeUSA4life is not wrong on his/her thinking, I believe. While growing up in rural American as a white foreigner who couldn't speak English well, and then my family marrying into other races as we grew, I've seen plenty.

The old meme still works and it would help if we don't follow a strict route like that. But again, in media/TV/regular talk, it still spells out different types of shooters for who they are:

Is the shooter Muslim/Brown? --> Start travel bans
Is the shooter Hispanic? --> Build a wall
Is the shooter Black? --> More cops and prisons
Is the shooter White? --> Thoughts and prayers and why did our pi$$ poor mental health system fail him/her?
Not arguing, but curious. Did you see this response with Uvalde? I was railing about how known his issues were yet he still could buy guns.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:46 AM

105 posts, read 65,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
We need to study and learn from the inadequate home environments and parenting of troubled Black,Hispanic, Asian, White, ie ALL TROUBLED young men. In most of these cases, we learn what NOT to do to mold and shape a human being from birth until the time the person's life reaches a crisis. Then we need to EDUCATE Black, Hispanic, Asian, White ie ALL parents and potential parents about what they SHOULD and NEED to be doing to mold, shape, form, raise children into sane, healthy, decent, reasonably adjusted human beings.

If your child's upbringing and home environment looks like this and this and this then THIS may be the outcome. Now, do you really think or not think you are in a good position to have a child at this time in your life? Potential parents need to think long and hard.

We talk about mental health supports but we also need to figure out better ways to support and educate the people raising children. That way there may be less need for mental health interventions later on down the line. Our teachers are sick and tired of dealing with so many maladjusted children and that is one big reason many are exiting out of the profession.

Last edited by Mrs_Sheridan; 10-15-2022 at 09:16 AM..

Old 10-15-2022, 08:56 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,162,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
UnfreeUSA4life is not wrong on his/her thinking, I believe. While growing up in rural American as a white foreigner who couldn't speak English well, and then my family marrying into other races as we grew, I've seen plenty.

The old meme still works and it would help if we don't follow a strict route like that. But again, in media/TV/regular talk, it still spells out different types of shooters for who they are:

Is the shooter Muslim/Brown? --> Start travel bans
Is the shooter Hispanic? --> Build a wall
Is the shooter Black? --> More cops and prisons
Is the shooter White? --> Thoughts and prayers and why did our pi$$ poor mental health system fail him/her?
The mental health system didn't fail him/her. Their parents and those surrounding him/her did.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:57 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickandiron View Post
Not arguing, but curious. Did you see this response with Uvalde? I was railing about how known his issues were yet he still could buy guns.
No we didn't, but it's easier to spout rhetoric, which is why nothing gets done.

Old 10-15-2022, 09:06 AM

4,537 posts, read 3,741,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
No we didn't, but it's easier to spout rhetoric, which is why nothing gets done.
What was the response with Uvalde? Seems pi$$ poor in my opinion.

Old 10-15-2022, 09:07 AM

4,537 posts, read 3,741,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
The mental health system didn't fail him/her. Their parents and those surrounding him/her did.
You’re not answering the question of why it’s different with different races on this kind of “terrorism.” You can talk all you want about black parents and Muslim parents but none of that will matter to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary