Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2019, 07:57 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,498,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I think it takes a lot of nerve to use the bathroom in an open house. The house is for you to look at, not use.
Sorry if you're inviting people into your home, there are going to be people who need to go. If you're not ok with that, rethink showing your home at all.

Ditto for people who complain about contractors using their rest room
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 08:52 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
At an open house I would especially expect the bathroom will be used! I think people need to get over this idea that their house is some show-room and realize that people will be human with human needs. People often have kids with them. If the bathrooms are working, I would expect them to be used.

I would however, expect people to take special care to leave them as clean as they found them, even if it means wiping up drips after washing hands.

I disagree.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:55 AM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
Sorry if you're inviting people into your home, there are going to be people who need to go. If you're not ok with that, rethink showing your home at all.

Ditto for people who complain about contractors using their rest room
I would just ask them if they prefer I take a dump in the living room because either way this bad boy is coming out now. He has a mind of his own Ha ha ha

Old 01-01-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Ah Thank you! Very good advice!

Not practical or realistic when dealing with real human beings...but very *good*.

Since when have adults become unable to plan ahead for their bathroom needs. It's only common sense not to go house hunting when when you have diarrhea or after drinking a lot of water, etc.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:15 AM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Millions of adults suffer from IBS on all different levels . There is no such thing as planning a head . As anyone who suffers from it will tell you ,there is no warning shot. it can go weeks with nothing and then out of no where BOOM. Every day is a new adventure when you suffer from it.

As I like to say you are always okay- until your not

Old 01-01-2019, 09:33 AM

I guess it was inevitable that this thread would devolve to a completely disgusting level.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:33 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
So.
Looks like leery-loo-loving loveshack listers likely be wise to list longitude and latitude to local C-Stores, State Parks, roadside rest stops, and/or construction sites with porta-potties.
Maybe even with ratings for cleanliness and easy access.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:39 AM

14,489 posts, read 12,121,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Maybe we need a new field in MLS:
“Ok to use toilet? Y/N”

I hate it when a buyer looks at me and says “Is it OK to use the bathroom?” during a showing, as though I have the power to give them permission. Sometimes couples split up and my only indication/warning is the sound of a toilet flush.

I understand the need but it just feels like a violation of privacy whether it’s logical or not.

I am glad there is NOT such a field. How would knowing the owner said "NO" make the situation with your client *less* uncomfortable?

Quote:
I disagree.

You disagree that people are human with human functions? Note that nowhere in my post did I say how I hoped or wished things were.... I just said what to expect if you're dealing with human beings.

Quote:
Since when have adults become unable to plan ahead for their bathroom needs. It's only common sense not to go house hunting when when you have diarrhea or after drinking a lot of water, etc.

I am not a doctor... just a real estate agent taking a client around on a tour for the day... exactly how am I supposed to find out how well my clients have "planned ahead" their bathroom needs? What kind of questions should I ask? And should I ask about the kids too? And what, pray tell, should I do with the answers? What if they say they have to use the bathroom? Is it really reasonable for me to tell them to wait? Or should we treat them like human beings with both privacy rights and dignity, and not make a big deal of it?

I think I know how I deal with it. Best I can.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:12 AM

196 posts, read 182,935 times
When I was at showing once there was poop in the toilet

Old 01-01-2019, 11:18 AM

14,489 posts, read 12,121,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ranch View Post
When I was at showing once there was poop in the toilet

Oh! The horrors! Let me tell you all the places I have ever seen a poop!

I live on a farm where we deal with poop by the barrow-load, daily... maybe that has an affect on how much it shocks me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate