Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 07:13 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,487,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Well, if that's how you see them, I'm sure that will affect how generous you're going to be with them.

You know more about them than I do. I have just found that it is NOT usually helpful to assume the worst of the other party, it makes for unhappy, combative stressful transactions.

On edit:
Nevermind... I thought you were the OP. - You don't really know any more than I do, about the buyer's motives and virtues.
going around someone's house and take picture of their personal belonging is just a bit too much,would you agree?
how do you feel if someone does that to your house?and you dont even know these people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 07:45 AM

307 posts, read 164,553 times
Here, sellers and buyers can definitely walk away during the inspections/negotiations phase. A buyer *may* lose the small earnest money though. Once details are agreed to after inspections, then you sign another contract that you can't walk away from without losing some serious money.

Usually, if buyers want furniture or other items, they offer more money in their offer. If they want a significant amount of your stuff, they need to pay a lot more not try to take 4k off thr original offer. The OP should just give the buyers the bottom line of what they will/will not agree to and not waste their time with wishy washy buyers.

Old 07-14-2021, 07:47 AM

43,309 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterTrees View Post
Here, sellers and buyers can definitely walk away during the inspections/negotiations phase. A buyer *may* lose the small earnest money though. Once details are agreed to after inspections, then you sign another contract that you can't walk away from without losing some serious money.

Usually, if buyers want furniture or other items, they offer more money in their offer. If they want a significant amount of your stuff, they need to pay a lot more not try to take 4k off thr original offer. The OP should just give the buyers the bottom line of what they will/will not agree to and not waste their time with wishy washy buyers.

Massachusetts?

Do attorneys draft the 2nd binding contract, or is it a standard form?

Old 07-14-2021, 07:58 AM

8,153 posts, read 8,357,075 times
Just. Say. No.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:18 AM

6,871 posts, read 4,873,766 times
All of my wood furniture is custom made, so no, I would not sell it. As for sofas and chairs I have no sentimental attachment and would consider it. One might consider how the furniture will look in the new place. If it's not right that would be a reason to consider selling it. It's not an insult that they want your furniture.

As for three hours.... It was once normal to request second or third viewings of a house before making an offer. It wasn't a quick walk through and make an offer. A house is a commitment and one wants to avoid buyers remorse.

Your buyer can ask for anything, it doesn't mean you need to agree to it. There is no point in getting ruffled feathers over it.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:59 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,433,072 times
As others have said. Just say no. With other offers received, I wouldn't say a single word more than that. Don't negotiate at all, otherwise you are just feeding the trolls. Say no and leave it at that. When they come back with something else, say no. rinse and repeat.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:01 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,487,156 times
I would rather take pictures of the house,not personal belongings,foundation crack would show up in the ceiling,any mildew in basement,garage,lawn infested with cinch bugs,flipping light?
stains on carpet/floor,cracked tiles??
I can see buyers want the drapes or blinds,stained glass window,outdoor plants,shrubs,trees ,deck.
are they young couple,they are internet savvy and may not have their own furniture or immigrants?

Old 07-14-2021, 09:07 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
I think of the movie Funny Farm, the owners went to such lengths to make the place seem perfect the buyers wanted everything, including the dog.

Old 07-14-2021, 11:19 AM

32,659 posts, read 48,067,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I think of the movie Funny Farm, the owners went to such lengths to make the place seem perfect the buyers wanted everything, including the dog.

I once bought a house where the dog was so wonderful that it flickered through my mind to make an offer that I would buy the house if they threw in the dog. The thought didn't last long, but I suspect a few other buyers have had that thought.

Old 07-14-2021, 11:26 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
It's a counter-offer, there's no reason to be "disgusted". Just say "no" to anything you don't want to agree to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate