Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 01:39 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,386,508 times

Advertisements

[quote=c21boquetebocasgold;9167397]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Because you haven't found a man who is worthy of you! Better to be single than with some A hole who won't appreciate how great you are. My pseudo ex was like that (and yes I say pseudo which, of course, is another long story).
Aaaahhh...thanks! I was wondering why the "pseudo" everytime you talk about your ex....

Old 06-07-2009, 05:14 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,876,351 times
Morning all-Crazy you have it! Hope all's well.

Barb-glad you got to see your new castle.

Texas how's your brother today?

Old 06-07-2009, 06:48 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,154,521 times
Hey Lacey, what's new in your neck of the woods? Still cold up there? I can't believe you had frost recently. It has been a weird cold spring here though. Rothbear, the job market really sucks right now. Don't worry, you'll find something soon. Glad that your neighbors are so great! Nice to see you are still around, and that the lady who fell on the stairs is not pursuing any legal recourse. Stoy and NJ, here's a poem for your low baller offerers.

"How loweth can your lowballs go?"

We dreamed and built our castles strong
But alas, we must move, to distant lands'
For a new abode a buyer does now long
To place their family crest upon new sands

The quest begins, 'or hill and dale
Castle owners open the moat, for seekers afar
Realtors joust to make the sale
Buyers bring pittance from their penny jars

How large and low dost thou balls droop
Their silk lined purses turn porcine
The bounty appears to be poop
Their offers are priced from 1299

Cod piece, or some other,
Get thee balls up higher,
The money lenders with cover,
For the qualified buyer

Old 06-07-2009, 07:48 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,450,820 times
A Sunny Sunday to all! Been up awhile, already hot outside, so glad I dont have much left to do out there. woke up with some sinus issues but it is from all the dang dust yesturday.
It is quiet on cd and the home front so what are you all doing?
Dogmom, Sounds like you had a good flight and glad you made it "home" safely. Now aren't you glad you flew?
Tambre-Excellent-made me think of white knights and King Arthur!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:24 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,821,949 times
Good Sunday morning all......hope you're all doing ok. I'm preparing for our family vacation (the first in years and I need it!) so I have my work cut out for me. Heading to Disney for a few days. Will try to catch up next week. Hope to hear lots of good things when I return.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:56 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,058,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hay campers...I am in good ole socal now..flight arrived a little after 10 pm...my brother was there to pick me up..gosh it felt GOOD to get off the plane and feel that nice desert breeze...had a 3 hour layover in SF I knew they would charge me for wifi, so I said forget it and didn't hook up..but I did treat myself to a $10 bread bowl with russian cabbage soup..YUM..SF sourdough bread...didn't want to pay that much for something to eat, but i figured it was nutritious and i was hungry. Oh my, russian cabbage soup . . . well guess I found one difference between us . I hate cabbage - of any nationality

Anyway, the flight from SF to Palm Springs had, no kidding, 20 passengers on tat 737 That's just sad though - 20 passengers on a 737? Geesh and all those CEO's getting fat bonus checks. Hmmm...oh it was nice to stretch out and enjoy the flight..i decided well since i am relaxing I might as well buy a glass of white wine, the flight attendant said no charge.. Now we're talking - wine and free to boot probably didnt want to count cash for 20 passengers. anyway, have been to my house, briefly went in, its great....i just needed to see it.

Mom and dad have gone to bed, their dogs are sleeping, and I am not far behind, took a pain pill a few minutes ago, so i am gonna conk out.

Crazyma, prayers going out for DD...we do never stop worrying about them

later campers, fading fast...
So glad you're home!!! Can't wait until you get settled and post a couple pics of your new place! Ain't no place like home and you're finally there!

Quote:
I can't wait to get home to put a face with your posts! I'm at work and can't see the photos!
Well just keep in mind I am not the one on the hook - though the Tuna was quite pretty! Someone took a bunch of them and the next one shows me standing there covered in Tuna blood, but that one wouldn't look too good in articles so . . .

Quote:
Thanks for the pep talk! I get down on myself a lot...low self esteem.

I think most are much harder on themselves than others and we see things that others don't see when they look at us. When I look in the mirror I see all the wrinkles and negative things - sad, but I've been that way since I was in my teens when I was a knock-out (so the guys said) - but I never thought so. Now, I just don't care which has helped my esteem issues a lot - guess one of the benefits from growing older; I just don't flat out care. Don't want to look, then avert your eyes, ya know?

And, yeah - I have a pseudo-ex. You should know by now NOTHING about me is normal Maybe we should take Tambre's poems and all of our flat-out weird stories and publish a book - my God it would be a best seller and we'd all be rich!!!! Drama, comedy, inspirational and all the 'fact is stranger than fiction' stories
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
here's a poem for your low baller offerers.

For the qualified buyer
Dang girl you are one heck of a poet. Again, think we should all put together a book, make a ton of money and live la vida loca!

Old 06-07-2009, 10:02 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,154,521 times
Thanks for allowing me to channel my "inner serf" from the middle ages...now you know exactly how weird i can get...well, at least you have an inkling.

You ladies are all gorgeous. I already could tell that by the things that you have written that you had inner beauty...brains, were fun and had chutzpah, but now can see that you also have the outer beauty to go with it. Much better triad than Stainless, Granite and hardwood. Never goes out of style. Texas...don't be hard on yourself, you are very, very pretty, and don't let anyone ever (even that inner voice) tell you otherwise.

Dogmom, can't wait to hear how things are going. Crazyma, hope there is an answer to your dd's dilemma. C21, loved the picture of the kitten praying. Got to get to the store to do some food shopping. I'm wearing my tight jeans to keep buying "no no's" at a minimum.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:34 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,283,674 times
hola campers..I am up, I am not moving, I need to get dressed and get over to my garage and see if I have any bed linens to wash and put on my bed..i really need to sleep in my own bed.

Forgot the power cord to my laptop here glad mom also has an hp borrowing hers.

nice day here, so far 78 out, breezy.

Ok I am not very clever or witty or even awake yet, so I need to get my act going before I crash again..

Adios until later, chicas.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:56 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,027,755 times
Crazyma, prayers sent your way. hope things work out like they should.
Tambre, thanks for the poem, havent heard back about our counter, but dont think we will. oh well. another showing today, when we came back after they left, our house smelled so much of cat pee!! now unless the neighbors cat opened a door or window and snuck in, someone stunk up our house. our dog was even freaking out.
Dogmom, WELCOME HOME!!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:28 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,355,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Lacey, what's new in your neck of the woods? Still cold up there? I can't believe you had frost recently. It has been a weird cold spring here though. Rothbear, the job market really sucks right now. Don't worry, you'll find something soon. Glad that your neighbors are so great! Nice to see you are still around, and that the lady who fell on the stairs is not pursuing any legal recourse. Stoy and NJ, here's a poem for your low baller offerers.

For the qualified buyer

OMG TAMBRE! I love it....That is awesome. You are a poet and don't know it!

C21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks
here's a good one:

I wrote my realtor back and said if she heard from the buyers?
She said that the other realtor told me she is showing the buyers other homes.

NICE!! thanks for countering a-holes and thanks for wasting our time!! I should tell the realtor they weren't too serious if they didn't even have their home up for sale. I hope they buy another one in our development so there will be one less on the market here lol. Wow, I guess they expected us to go with 273,500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A-Holes - here's something to send your Realtor if they want to get more pro-active.
c21- First off thanks for putting a face to your name! You are so pretty!!! Thanks for the pic--of the women about the BJ's! I needed that lol..........Not a happy camper loll well maybe a happy cramper lol.....You always cheer me up!!

Lacey- can you take off your winter coat today/ You poor thing!!!

Stoy-cat pee??? YUK! I told you I had the one moron pee and left the damn seat up!!!! The nerve!!

Dogmom- glad you are back "home" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eveyrone else....Hello. I will post some pic soon lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate