Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 02:01 PM

93 posts, read 169,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Reeeeaaaaally?
And is it possible that if very man on earth got married 10-20% of women could be never married?

I guess I should say for every divorced woman there is also a divorced man until he remarries. So more men remarry and more women remain single thus explaining why there are more divorced women than men.
So more men experience multiple marriages, thus more men are married.
If you didnt like that response, than you shouldnt have acted like it's impossible to have more never married men, than never married women. by stating, "for every divorced woman theres a divorced man".

It is possible If every man on earth got married 10-20% of women could be unmarried. That could express a statistical imbalance in unmarried people by gender if that was the case.

You can resort to illogical babble to express what you feel i said was retarded. But I'm aware that illogical babble is the safest way to not lose an argument. I'm pretty sure thats your stance on the matter.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:16 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark303 View Post
Can we get a thumbnail, link to a profile, or something? Based on the information I have I find this hard to beleive.
I am serious...It's the Honest to God truth. I don't have the links to there posts. Plus she took it down cause she got discouraged. Maybe there standards are very high...But there isn't anything wrong with that. And I don't there is anything wrong with a woman that is very much into God. But it appears that men shy away from that....Why

Old 09-16-2010, 02:22 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Maybe there standards are very high...But there isn't anything wrong with that.
In that case we must conclude there's also nothing wrong with them living out the remainder of their lives alone.

Quote:
And I don't there is anything wrong with a woman that is very much into God. But it appears that men shy away from that....Why
It seems to me that women are far more religious than men. I don't know any single Christian men, but I know at least two dozen single Christian women. This thread sadly reminds me of my mother. She spent her 40's and 50's as an attractive single Christian woman with impossibly high standards: looking for someone who was not just loyal and of good character, but he needed to be able to take her around the world, and have a boat, and be good looking, and go to church, et cetera, et cetera. And for a Christian, she treated these guys like garbage. Anyway, that is another story.

Last edited by le roi; 09-16-2010 at 02:42 PM..

Old 09-16-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I am serious...It's the Honest to God truth. I don't have the links to there posts. Plus she took it down cause she got discouraged. Maybe there standards are very high...But there isn't anything wrong with that. And I don't there is anything wrong with a woman that is very much into God. But it appears that men shy away from that....Why
I understand if you can't provide a thumbnail. Privacy issues at stake. What i'm shocked by is that she clicked on 30 people and only got 2 responses.

I assumed dating sites are completely one sided. With each guy clicking 50 women and naturally every girl getting 50 men clicking her, and needing to sift through them. I've even been told of women talking to 5 men at once. trying to narrow down the men by dropping them as soon as they come accross as something less than ideal. Naturally I want to see what she looks like, because this doesnt make sense, given what I've beleived is online dating.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:30 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
In that case we must conclude there's also nothing wrong with them living out the remainder of their lives alone.

It seems to me that women are far more religious than men. I don't know any single Christian men, but I know at least two dozen single Christian women.
That is true. For some reason women are more religious than men... I am not sure why that is

Old 09-16-2010, 03:03 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
I too find it odd that your friend doesn't get very many online responses. Most women get plenty of messages from men unsolicited. (I chuckled at the religious thing... I have the opposite problem in that the vast majority of men who write me are hardcore Xtians. As an atheist I have no interest in anyone who would begin a message, "Jesus led me to your profile." But that's an unfortunate racial side effect.)

To answer the larger question - and I am speaking of women over 35 - I think a lot of them who actually want to be married passed on early suitors thinking that something better would come along. But they were wrong, there wasn't a better choice out there, and as they continue to age the pickings start to get slim. Next thing they know, they turn 40 and are on the used goods market. Things probably look pretty grim here if you are single, not divorced! (It's like shopping for a new suit at the Salvation Army. Everything is damaged, even if you don't see the missing button at first glance. Yes I am talking about myself as well as the guys. I figure I earned my place here - it would really suck if I didn't.)

I have a business colleague who claims to be 36 - I think she's lying and is 38 - who still thinks she is going to find a handsome, never-divorced, six-figure guy so she can get married and start a family. I think she is being delusional and will find herself on the used good market too.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:05 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
It must be all those knobbly growths we have all over our bodies...nah, my boyfriend doesn't seem to mind those, can't be that.

Seriously, though. Why is anybody single? Generally a couple of reasons:

-Active choice
-Happenstance

Women in many areas feel increasingly less societal pressure to get partnered up at a young age than they have in the past. In the realm of childbearing, it's becoming more socially acceptable to opt out, and for those who are interested in parenting, medical assistance that may be required as one ages is increasingly within reach of more women, so there's not the rush there used to be, in the eyes of many.

I met my SO when I was 30. I'm 33 now. We live together, have for three years, and have yet to tie the knot. We're cool with that. I dated a good deal, casually, through my twenties. But mostly, I was occupied with trying out different careers and living different places. Both of those things were higher priority to me than a serious relationship. I met my boyfriend when I was ready to commit to one particular place, and had shopped around enough for careers that I was confident I'd found a few that I liked. Eg., the timing was right.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
To answer the larger question - and I am speaking of women over 35 - I think a lot of them who actually want to be married passed on early suitors thinking that something better would come along. But they were wrong, there wasn't a better choice out there, and as they continue to age the pickings start to get slim. Next thing they know, they turn 40 and are on the used goods market. Things probably look pretty grim here if you are single, not divorced! (It's like shopping for a new suit at the Salvation Army. Everything is damaged, even if you don't see the missing button at first glance. Yes I am talking about myself as well as the guys. I figure I earned my place here - it would really suck if I didn't.)
I think this hits the nail right on the head for many women.

However, in my time i've noticed the difference between what a woman thinks is a good looking lady, and what a man thinks is good looking. Sometimes the contrast is amazing.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:32 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,363 times
Quote:
But all of the women I mentioned want marriage. I just don't know why they can't meet men. None have kids. They get looks but that's it. One of them is always online or actually does the club scene, and men drool over her. Then she is in a relationship for a couple of months but it is nothing concrete or conducive to a possible marriage. She is unhappy with the merry go around. So I get to hear of it.

2 of them are VERY strong and they never complain about it. Although one says she can buy her own ring and wants something that is worth 50K and then casually states "I can afford a 50K ring--can't you?"" I'm like OMG--I hope you don't say that to men.

That one I think doesn't want kids and is happy with her cats come to think of it. I just think how can they not go mad after not being kissed, hugged or touched by a man in 10 plus years. I can't understand it. NO they are FAR from lesbians.....

Yes they all travel, for the exception of the depressed one, but they all have lucrative professions and have so much to offer a man. I think it is just Florida--I am not sure. Oh I do have a Beautiful PHD friend who is black and she is so content on being single and serving God. I think her and the Latina are the prettiest, but there is another black friend who kind of reminds me of Alicia Keys but with a shorter do and thicker but Gorgeous....They never complain. Those 3 get approached the most but are still single. They are always functioning and as they say "Doing the things of God". I am amazed....I wouldn't think you would find such perserverance and solitude in 2010. I deeply commend them for that. One of them I suggest single conferences and she says she is in her late 30's and she is singled out as she puts it.

The replies are great...Thank you. Given me things to consider.
If these women are as great and accomplished as you say, they are probably just pricing themselves out of the market.

For example, I'm sure they are not considering your Lowes store clerk, truckdriver, construction worker or even school teacher. These guys would be way too low on the socioeconomic scale. A lot of eligible men over a certain age fall into these work categories.

They likely want successful high earners in their own age group. The men they want though are probably already married or dating 25 year old aerobics instructors. Personally, I'm not going to shed too many tears over well-to-do attractive professionals who can't find a partner.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:45 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,899,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
If these women are as great and accomplished as you say, they are probably just pricing themselves out of the market.

For example, I'm sure they are not considering your Lowes store clerk, truckdriver, construction worker or even school teacher. These guys would be way too low on the socioeconomic scale. A lot of eligible men over a certain age fall into these work categories.

They likely want successful high earners in their own age group. The men they want though are probably already married or dating 25 year old aerobics instructors. Personally, I'm not going to shed too many tears over well-to-do attractive professionals who can't find a partner.

it doesnt matter about their accomplishments, whats matters is youth and beauty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships