Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 12:45 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,439,566 times

Advertisements

You are a life liberal, you are not suitable for marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 03:36 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
I find myself living extremely happy right now; I have all I ever wanted.
The day you can say that and mean it is a very good day indeed!

Old 11-29-2010, 05:17 PM

399 posts, read 974,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I find that others often make me feel guilty for the life I lead. They make me feel lazy, irresponsible and immature because I have not chosen the same 2 kids, big house, mortgage, years in college to work a 12 hour a day job, that they have.

They tell me there “comes a time, when you have to settle down”.

Oh…?

I'd like to be introduced to whoever is making these rules for my life.

Is this just jealousy?
A lot of it's jealousy, but most of it is that people feel that if you're not living your life the way they are, that you're making a judgment about the way they live theirs.

Life is too short to be bothered with people like this. Seriously...ask yourself if the people in your life are adding something of value to it, or if dealing with them is emotionally draining more than anything else. If it's the latter...cut them off.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:54 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
I think as long as you have peace in your heart, it's okay to chose any life that you want.

My problem had always been the fact that I get bored very easily. I never stayed at a job for longer than 3 years because I always was looking for new challenges, new mountains to climb. Sometimes for me easy = boring. Maybe I just always look for trouble. I would much prefer to be content all the time.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:37 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,524,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again View Post
You can choose whatever you want.. I think most of us are "herded" into the stressful life. I am 41 and knew I didn't want kids when I was in high school. I need to be able to "take off" whenever I want. Travel is a big priority for me and with kids, you can't do that...
Who cares what others think. It's your life. Everyone makes their own choices.
Wow. That sounds like me. I will be 40 next month. I always knew I would be childfree by choice. I also like my freedom and enjoy doing things when I want, where I want and with whomever. But you know what? I definitely don't look and feel my age. Having kids ages your body, your face and stresses you out. I grew up in a home with a severely autistic brother. I watched my parents go through hell, and life was very hard for me. I worked with autistic kids this past year doing some social work. I see families with as many as 3 autistic kids in a family, so yes, it IS hereditary. Why didn't she just stop at 1 kid? Being that my brother is autistic, I have no desire to have any autistics of my own. But even if not, you couldn't persuade me with anything to have kids. I like reading, learning new hobbies, having a social life. I deal with a lot of creative and interesting people. People with kids just bore me do death. Their lives are just soooo routine and dull. I would rather die than live like that.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:48 AM

3,295 posts, read 7,018,557 times
I don't get why people go out of their way to care about strangers' choices to get married or have kids or not, but that's just me.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:09 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,524,622 times
I don't care what others do, as long as they don't force it on me. I keep my lifestyle opinions to myself likewise. In the workplace it's an issue because the childfree are always burdened with the parents' work when they take off for child related stuff. If you're nice then they try to take advantage.
Also, guys always ask this question when dating. I just keep it simple = "undecided" or "with the right one."

Old 12-09-2010, 11:08 PM

543 posts, read 999,965 times
Quote:
The day you can say that and mean it is a very good day indeed!
I do mean it!

I mean, is not my dream to have a sports car and a four story house. I rather have little and live a simple life, and enjoy other things aside from material things.

I rather go on an interstate roadtrip to explore my dear south, rather than spend thousands of dollars going to lots of countries.

I rather have my old car (that's already paid for), than pay every month for a newer car that will need to be replaced in six years.

I rather live in a small place surrounded by other people, than living in a large place by myself.

I rather have all those jobs and be happy with them, than having a higher paying job that would make me miserable.

Why does a lot of people feel I need to change my simple ways? To make them happy? I won't change my simple ways, because I truly feel happy like this.

I've met a few guys that had pointed that out; actually, a guy never stopped calling me when I told him that I'm very happy with my old car, and there wasn't any need for me in getting a new one. I mean, if my car acts stupid, I can always fix it by myself, so, why would I need a new one? To show it off around here? Hell no!

Old 12-09-2010, 11:15 PM

543 posts, read 999,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinking View Post
You are a life liberal, you are not suitable for marriage.

I do not want to get married again; been there, done that.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:39 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,698 times
Quote:
I am 30 years old and have no children. I don’t think I ever want children, or to own a home, because I would rather do without the responsibility of either. I like shopping sprees and being able to go on holidays whenever I please.

I have a very cushy job which includes massages every week and requires next to no really hard work.

I find that others often make me feel guilty for the life I lead. They make me feel lazy, irresponsible and immature because I have not chosen the same 2 kids, big house, mortgage, years in college to work a 12 hour a day job, that they have.

They tell me there “comes a time, when you have to settle down”.

Oh…?

I'd like to be introduced to whoever is making these rules for my life.

Is this just jealousy?
No don't listen. Misery loves company and they just want you to be miserable too. Live your life. The family thing is not for everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships