Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 04:29 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,486,112 times

Advertisements

I used to think like that, but I am not so sure anymore. God did not create man to be alone. It is important to know that someone out there loves you and will be in corner no matter what excluding family. I've always viewed children as icy on a cake. I can take it or leave it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 04:33 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
well, take it from one who has been thru it and I am twice your age. As you age, most all your friends will get married, have kids, buy homes, go to all the school events, create memories, etc. You will feel more and more like you don't fit in, you will be the odd person out at family gatherings, friends parties (if you still get invited) because the way our society is structured, you won't fit in.
Not if I surround myself with like-minded people.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:01 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
Yes, they're jealous of you, and obviously not happy in their owm marridges, or they would never feel they have the right to be critical of your choice.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:48 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,766 times
People who make you feel guilty for your life would do so if you had a different life. I have relatives like that. When I worked too much they called me a workaholic. When I was out of work but had plenty of money to sit back and relax, they called me a loser. When I had good contracts with ordinary hours but good money, they said my job was BS.

These people always have something to say.

My GF and I have kids, but we decided to stay downtown. We have no interest in owning a house, cars or whatever. The suburbanite life isn't for us.

Our kids are very happy and so are we, but there's always someone who judges us. But you'll find that these people are often ignorant. They can't concieve a life different than theirs. We make three times more money than most people around us yet we always have some genius who doesn't know how to count tell us we should buy a house or whatever.

Enjoy your life as it is. And if you have no desire to have kids, keep it that way and don't fall to peer pressure. Having kids is hard. I wanted kids and I love them to death, but some days I wonder if it's really for me.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:48 PM

299 posts, read 1,132,659 times
You can choose whatever you want.. I think most of us are "herded" into the stressful life. I am 41 and knew I didn't want kids when I was in high school. I need to be able to "take off" whenever I want. Travel is a big priority for me and with kids, you can't do that.

I was married once before and I didn't want to have kids with him. Thank god as he turned out to be a cheating fraud. He does have one kid now with his THIRD wife.

I'm just too footloose. I am married now and I have a house. That's enough stress for me.

Who cares what others think. It's your life. Everyone makes their own choices.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:46 PM

75 posts, read 115,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
People who make you feel guilty for your life would do so if you had a different life. I have relatives like that. When I worked too much they called me a workaholic. When I was out of work but had plenty of money to sit back and relax, they called me a loser. When I had good contracts with ordinary hours but good money, they said my job was BS.

These people always have something to say.
They're called negative people. I have some great relatives and other relatives that are like this. What is the best way to deal with them when you can't avoid them? Do you talk back to them or ignore their snide remarks?

Old 11-26-2010, 03:25 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therock2814 View Post
They're called negative people. I have some great relatives and other relatives that are like this. What is the best way to deal with them when you can't avoid them? Do you talk back to them or ignore their snide remarks?
I used to talk back to them but there's no point trying to get your point across, even if you think you're right. I used to try to ignore them, but trying involves effort and I actually found it hard to avoid my relatives, which whether I like or not, I have affection for.

But I have my limits and I simply drift away from someone when he or she pushes me too much.

Those relatives I simply stopped seeing. It happened naturally. The few times I saw them, they were a lot nicer but I lost interest. It's not my lost.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:02 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,385,704 times
well, children suck. so i can't blame the OP really.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:29 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,338,144 times
Anyways no there is nothing wrong with choosing the easy life at all. Some people are not meant to be parents and they are smart enough to realize this.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:33 PM

543 posts, read 999,965 times
I guess the easy life is what I want in life. I have three civilian jobs that I love, I live in a rented house with two other roommates, I drive an old (yet reliable) car, and I'm college dropout enjoying some military benefits (I'm also in the reserves) with the ocassional deployment to an exotic location.

Plus, I'm separated, and not dating anyone seriously.

I find myself living extremely happy right now; I have all I ever wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships