Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 08:52 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Man this sounds like a heartbreak waiting to happen. DUDE! You know NOTHING about this girl. NOTHING. You've never met her, and you haven't even seen her on a web-cam for crying out loud. I'm not trying to be the voice of doom...but I am trying to be the voice of reason.

Put a cap in that cupid-struck leak in your heart until you meet this chick and actually learn something about her. She could be taking you for a very long, very expensive ride.
It's really just blowing my mind that Knight's fantasy woman is one of those simpleton types from a 19th century novel. Like a March sister from Little Women, or Amelia Sedley from Vanity Fair. Problem with those women is that they don't exist. Real women are much more complex than just being innocent angels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 08:57 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Does she have any other attributes beyond being "sweet" (I know, I know, you mentioned caring, affectionate, angelic...)?

I am just not getting a clear picture of this gal, because I am just not sure what you mean by "sweet." You have characterized her over and over as "sweet," but what does that really mean? Can you give an example of "sweet" behavior?

Does she have a career? Is she educated? Does she have opinions on current events?

Sorry but I am getting all kinds of red flags with this repetitive "sweet" description. Cavities too, I daresay.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:37 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,967 times
Are you 100% sure she is of legal age? There are young girls that have no problem with lying about that. Other than that I hope it works out for you.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:45 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's really just blowing my mind that Knight's fantasy woman is one of those simpleton types from a 19th century novel. Like a March sister from Little Women, or Amelia Sedley from Vanity Fair. Problem with those women is that they don't exist. Real women are much more complex than just being innocent angels.
Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this chick is a scam artist. And Knight's posts have shown a bit of naivete in the past...so that just makes it all the more suspicious, to me.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:52 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Man this sounds like a heartbreak waiting to happen. DUDE! You know NOTHING about this girl. NOTHING. You've never met her, and you haven't even seen her on a web-cam for crying out loud. I'm not trying to be the voice of doom...but I am trying to be the voice of reason.

Put a cap in that cupid-struck leak in your heart until you meet this chick and actually learn something about her. She could be taking you for a very long, very expensive ride.
I will be meeting her...just have to determine an exact date is all. I'd would hope though that I know at least some things about her, after talking to her for about 6 months now...

But you're right, in that I *do* have to get to know her, a lot better than just right now atm...and I look forward, to doing so.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:52 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,339,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
For about the past month and a half now, a very, very sweet girl and I have been developing what you might call an online LTR-style romantic relationship. I've known her already for about 5-6 months now total -- b/4 we started talking romantically, we talked at least several times a week, as just good friends. She was an absolute angelic sweetheart though, which I found extremely attractive, and the tipping point where we went from just close friends to something more was when she expressed about a month a half ago to me that she wanted more than friends, and that she had feelings for me. We have agreed to be exclusive with each other and devoted to each other only, and we talk almost every day, many times more than once a day, and frequently for hours, every day.

She is *extremely* verbally affectionate -- completely adorable, and full of tender affection and gentle caring sweetness. She says "ILY", literally like 5-10 or more times daily when we talk, but I never get tired of it...hearing it from her, makes my heart glow with happiness. She is truly the most innocent, gentle girl, I have ever known...everything she says to me, all the time, is full of sweet words of love, affection, and caring, which I gladly reciprocate to her, and always *love* hearing, from her. This is also technically her first relationship with anyone, since in addition to being very sweet, she is also very shy. In the 5-6 months I've known her, she's never gotten angry at me even once, and we've never had even one argument. Since she lives on the other side of the country, she and I are trying to make plans to meet eventually in the future, but until then, all communication between us is basically electronic. She has talked excitedly of a shared future.

Even though I'm pretty sure I'm not really in any danger of becoming so atm, I don't want to mess things up by accidentally becoming "boring" or "too predictable" to her though. Some things I've done in the past to vary things up a lil than just the usual everyday e-mails / IMs / phone calls is to occasionally send her youtube love song dedications, an e-card every once in a while, and finding some fun online games that she and I can play together.

Does anyone else, have any other suggestions on potential things I can do, to keep the sparks going, keep her interest up, liven things up a lil, etc.? Thanks!
I can't believe things like this still happen.

People entire "exclusive" relationships with strangers they've never met who live "on the other side of the country"

Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm not discounting her other attributes (I'm sure she has many more). I'm not trying to reduce her other qualities, certainly.

I'm just saying, the air of sweet innocence and niceness that she radiates, is incredibly attractive to me as a guy. I think it's 100% beautiful, and a rare treasure.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:58 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I will be meeting her...just have to determine an exact date is all. I'd would hope though that I know at least some things about her, after talking to her for about 6 months now...

But you're right, in that I *do* have to get to know her, a lot better than just right now atm...and I look forward, to doing so.
You've been TALKING to her for 6 months. She could be LYING her @ss off...plotting to scam you for every cent you have. Especially with the age thing...men fall for that so so quickly. These people are EXPERTS at conning lovelorn men. Are you seriously this naive? How can you possibly THINK you know anything about her?

Now, hopefully I'm completely wrong. But you have got to get your brain in gear here....stop thinking that everything must be so, because some voice over a phone line says it is.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:00 AM

By "sweet", I mean that she has an abundance, of kindness...a huge, loving, caring heart. That's basically what I was trying to convey.

The other things cited? As long as I have the most important thing, mentioned above (meaning, her heart), everything else is secondary in importance, to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Does she have any other attributes beyond being "sweet" (I know, I know, you mentioned caring, affectionate, angelic...)?

I am just not getting a clear picture of this gal, because I am just not sure what you mean by "sweet." You have characterized her over and over as "sweet," but what does that really mean? Can you give an example of "sweet" behavior?

Does she have a career? Is she educated? Does she have opinions on current events?

Sorry but I am getting all kinds of red flags with this repetitive "sweet" description. Cavities too, I daresay.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:01 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
And to add to the idea that she may be scamming him, even if she's not, he's got her built up so much in his head. Even if she is a nice girl, she can't possibly live up to his idealization of her as an angel straight from heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships