Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 06:29 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
No I appreciate your thoughts, advice, and concern -- not ignoring you in any way. The line from your earlier post with the word "mentally" in it just seemed like a personal attack in a way, at the time...if that was not your intent, please accept my wholehearted apologies.

Again thank you for your advice / comments -- I truly do value what you had to say, and sorry for the confusion, on my part there.
I used the phrase "mentally stuck"...meaning that you had your mind already made up about his girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 06:47 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
Since she is young and still living with her parents, it might be best to make the initial meeting in her hometown so you can meet them, too. That would probably help them, as they might have some fears about their daughter going away to meet a man she met online.
I agree with this. She is 18 and you are in your 30's. That is a BIG difference in age for me. I would be so worried about my 18 y.o. daughter getting involved with a man.A man that lives on the other side of the country.

I wish you could find someone your age around MD or VA. There are tons of little towns in MD and VA that you could find women in.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,849 times
wait...

the dood is 30 and the chick is 18. they live on opposite sides of the country, have never met or seen each other. yeah this aint gonna fail

save your cash, buy a plane ticket to philly and ill show you how to meet some girls in person and then you can stop hittin' on high school girls over hte internet. god damn

Old 01-18-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
wait...

the dood is 30 and the chick is 18. they live on opposite sides of the country, have never met or seen each other. yeah this aint gonna fail

save your cash, buy a plane ticket to philly and ill show you how to meet some girls in person and then you can stop hittin' on high school girls over hte internet. god damn
The dude is more then 30, he stated he's in his early 30's. 31 to 35 is my guess. This poor girl has never dated and is so naive and she's only 18 y.o.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:44 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
The dude is more then 30, he stated he's in his early 30's. 31 to 35 is my guess. This poor girl has never dated and is so naive and she's only 18 y.o.
Even if they hit it off, she move to the DC area to live with him (possibly marrying him), I predict when she turns 25 or 27 years old, she finds someone closer to her own age to really fall in love with. At 18, she's nowhere near being a full adult. She's still a work in progress. No wonder she seems so sweet and innocent. Living in the DC area, she's eventually going to turn into a regular young woman, just like the young women the O.P. finds tough and jaded acting.

Definitely by the age of 30, when the O.P. is 47 years old, she'll be desperate to leave him.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Even if they hit it off, she move to the DC area to live with him (possibly marrying him), I predict when she turns 25 or 27 years old, she finds someone closer to her own age to really fall in love with. At 18, she's nowhere near being a full adult. She's still a work in progress. No wonder she seems so sweet and innocent. Living in the DC area, she's eventually going to turn into a regular young woman, just like the young women the O.P. finds tough and jaded acting.

Definitely by the age of 30, when the O.P. is 47 years old, she'll be desperate to leave him.
Yep I agree with you. I know when I was 25 y.o., everything in my life changed. I thought differently, acted different, my goals and dreams changed and I matured. This girl will also mature and move on. She is a work in progress.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:28 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Also, it's possible that once they meet, he will get put in the "friend zone" because he's so much older looking than she is.

And I don't see how her parents can know all about their relationship and not object to a 35 year old man courting their 18 year old virginal daughter over the internet and from across the country. And his being in his mid-30's and still being a virgin will be more of a cause for concern for them, not a plus. So... if she is hiding their relationship from her parents or just not telling them his true age, then she being dishonest with her parents about this very important part of her life. And it shows that she's not that sweet and innocent a person...

Old 01-19-2011, 05:39 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
Since she is young and still living with her parents, it might be best to make the initial meeting in her hometown so you can meet them, too. That would probably help them, as they might have some fears about their daughter going away to meet a man she met online.
An interesting idea...

Old 01-19-2011, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I used the phrase "mentally stuck"...meaning that you had your mind already made up about his girl.
Haha, fair enough Again sorry for the mix-up, on my part there

Old 01-19-2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I agree with this. She is 18 and you are in your 30's. That is a BIG difference in age for me. I would be so worried about my 18 y.o. daughter getting involved with a man.A man that lives on the other side of the country.

I wish you could find someone your age around MD or VA. There are tons of little towns in MD and VA that you could find women in.
Actually, have already tried earlier this year numerous dating attempts in other cities in the VA area that can be described as little "slower-paced" than say DC Metro proper, such as Leesburg, Gainesville, Winchester, Fredericksburg, and some other less-cosmopolitan, more rural areas. While the girls in these regions didn't necessarily have the "uber-alpha female" personality of say those in the areas closer within the Beltway, the made it clear that they felt they could "do better", than just me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships