Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:02 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Are you 100% sure she is of legal age? There are young girls that have no problem with lying about that. Other than that I hope it works out for you.
As far as I know? I have no reason to doubt that she's not telling me the truth, so far anyway.

Also thanks for the kind wishes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this chick is a scam artist. And Knight's posts have shown a bit of naivete in the past...so that just makes it all the more suspicious, to me.
I guess my philosophy is that a person must pick his/her poison in life, so to speak. Am I naive in some ways? Perhaps. Although, I guess I would still rather be counted as naive than as bitter or jaded though, which might describe some others my age...it's all relative in a way

Old 01-18-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
I can't believe things like this still happen.

People entire "exclusive" relationships with strangers they've never met who live "on the other side of the country"
But what do you suggest I do differently, exactly? Do you think I shouldn't even try for anything, with her?

Old 01-18-2011, 10:12 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
As far as I know? I have no reason to doubt that she's not telling me the truth, so far anyway.

Also thanks for the kind wishes!
Your welcome to the kind wishes. However your response makes me very suspicious that she is not of legal age. Do not destroy your life and career without knowing this before you meet her. It is a risk not worth taking.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You've been TALKING to her for 6 months. She could be LYING her @ss off...plotting to scam you for every cent you have. Especially with the age thing...men fall for that so so quickly. These people are EXPERTS at conning lovelorn men. Are you seriously this naive? How can you possibly THINK you know anything about her?

Now, hopefully I'm completely wrong. But you have got to get your brain in gear here....stop thinking that everything must be so, because some voice over a phone line says it is.
I guess I just figured that I could trust her, until she gives me a reason to think otherwise. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

But what would you suggest I do differently? What else, can I do? <confused>

Old 01-18-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Your welcome to the kind wishes. However your response makes me very suspicious that she is not of legal age. Do not destroy your life and career without knowing this before you meet her. It is a risk not worth taking.
You raise a good point, which is certainly very valid. You're right. Never fear, I will verify that she is of legal age, before any actual visit occurs. If I find that's not the case, it's over and no visit will happen, naturally.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:27 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,729,361 times
Quote:
Haha, sorry that's OK; not really needed -- I kinda like her, as the innocent angelic type That kind of intimacy over the phone, would be like the exact opposite...lol
Yes, I agree! Also, if she is as sweet as you say she is, the suggestion of such a thing could immediately terminate the relationship. You're not the only one who would be put off with behavior such as this. I know that young ladies such as this are a rarity, but they DO exist. The easiest thing in the world for young men and young women to do in today's society, is to "go with the crowd", in order to appear normal. I applaud anyone who breaks from that norm, stays true to their heart and believes that there really is someone perfect out there for them. It's one of the hardest things to do...believe, with all of your heart, that your soul mate is out there.....and actually have the strength and patience to wait for that soul mate...the one who has been being prepared for you, until the time is exactly right for you to meet.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,405,976 times
So Knight, why don't you get on a plane at your earliest, fly out to the West Coast, stay in a room a mile off the ground, a brigade of ground level armed security forces to secure your safety, bring only credit cards and travelers checks, meet her across the street in a well lit restaurant, the location of which you don't disclose until no more than five minutes beforehand.. Ok, half kidding. The only argument I heard so far that would give me pause is the legal age thing; so tricky though. I guess you have to request a photo ID! I'd just say you go to her. The other things that people are cautioning you on could happen regardless of how you met. Just be smart, don't give her your security pin number until you know her a lot better.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:08 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
It is fairly easy to look people up on Intelius--for free they will usually give an age, city and the names of other possible relatives. Also it is hard for people with a Facebook account they use regularly to hide very much--does she have one?

Knight, have you Googled her?

And I am still note sure what you meant by a caring heart. How does this translate into real, living, human behavior? Does she just tell you she loves you non stop? Or Does she rescue abused animals and viisit senior citizens? Is that what you mean?

I am sure there is much more to her than being sweet. Temperament is a small part of who we are as humans. What is her stance on politics, the environment, gun control? Does she get along with her family? Is she satisfied with her direction in life? What sorts of things does she complain about?

See what I am trying to say, without coming right out and saying it?

Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 AM

19,725 posts, read 20,264,355 times
Quote:
But what would you suggest I do differently? What else, can I do? <confused>
For one, you're going to have to figure out which one of you will move.

Ultimately, that should be your biggest concern.

After you meet, if it is still everything you've hoped for, the distance is going to become an enormous obstacle for the both of you. You will both be that much more in love and entangled with one another, and the reality of it all is going to be a huge blow. It will come down to one of you relocating or ending the relationship.

You have to keep it real.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships