Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:49 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
wait...

the dood is 30 and the chick is 18. they live on opposite sides of the country, have never met or seen each other. yeah this aint gonna fail

save your cash, buy a plane ticket to philly and ill show you how to meet some girls in person and then you can stop hittin' on high school girls over hte internet. god damn
Not even gonna comment on the inherent snarkiness of the above post If you even read my earlier post in this thread, you will have already seen that she's not in HS atm.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 01-19-2011 at 05:57 AM.. Reason: Corrected language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
The dude is more then 30, he stated he's in his early 30's. 31 to 35 is my guess. This poor girl has never dated and is so naive and she's only 18 y.o.
Why does being in my early 30s automatically make me "evil" or "sinister" for romancing someone younger? I have nothing but good / honorable intentions. If she's of legal age, what's the big deal here?

As long as someone is within the legal age limit, isn't the age just a number anyway?

Old 01-19-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Also, it's possible that once they meet, he will get put in the "friend zone" because he's so much older looking than she is.

And I don't see how her parents can know all about their relationship and not object to a 35 year old man courting their 18 year old virginal daughter over the internet and from across the country. And his being in his mid-30's and still being a virgin will be more of a cause for concern for them, not a plus. So... if she is hiding their relationship from her parents or just not telling them his true age, then she being dishonest with her parents about this very important part of her life. And it shows that she's not that sweet and innocent a person...
A couple of points:

1. First, I am *not* 35.
2. Second, I am a virgin and celibate by choice, because I want to be that way until I am in a married relationship. I have been offered physical intimacy, before. And I politely turned it down.
3. You're making some pretty big assumptions about how "old" I look. Ppl frequently tell me I look no older than 25 tops (I have somewhat of a "babyfaced" look.) In fact, even as recently as about 2-3 years ago, someone asked me if I was still in HS, which I'll admit was kinda flattering to hear.

Why the rush to judgment of me as some sort of dishonorable knave, or that I somehow have "evil" intentions here?

Old 01-19-2011, 09:18 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Why does being in my early 30s automatically make me "evil" or "sinister" for romancing someone younger? I have nothing but good / honorable intentions. If she's of legal age, what's the big deal here?

As long as someone is within the legal age limit, isn't the age just a number anyway?

Yes, I agree age is but a number but....not to someone that is so innocent and doesn't have the emotional knowledge (can't think of a better word right now) of an adult relationship. She is of legal age since she is 18 y.o. but like you said, she has never dated. You on the other hand, are in your 30's and have dated. You are more emotionally mature then her. She is still an immature, naive, innocent girl.

I think what type of relationship you want is to be "daddy" to your little sweet, innocent kitten of a girl. What happens when this kitten grows up to be a cat and doesn't want to listen to everything her "daddy" tells her to do?

Also it's not fair that you're holding this young girl on a pedestal as a "fantasy girl" of your dreams. That's a big responsibility she has to continue and it will stunt her emotional growth.

My suggestion would be to have a mail order bride that is subservant to you and who will complete your fantasy of the sweet, cuddly kitten.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:23 AM

That's another thing, you continue to call your knave and knight. You are in a fantasy world of being the white knight to rescue a damsel in distress.

Please give up that fantasy and come back to reality. I understand you want to be an honorable man and wait until marriage. Good for you! I applaud that in you. But I believe that you feel so strongly about being so gallant towards women that you are scaring them off.

I just got an idea...have you ever gone to the Renaissance Fairs or been involved in them? I think since you imagine yourself a Knight, it would be good to immerse yourself in that culture and you'll most likely find someone there. I know that people that are into that subculture do that 24/7 year round. Might be a thought.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Yes, I agree age is but a number but....not to someone that is so innocent and doesn't have the emotional knowledge (can't think of a better word right now) of an adult relationship. She is of legal age since she is 18 y.o. but like you said, she has never dated. You on the other hand, are in your 30's and have dated. You are more emotionally mature then her. She is still an immature, naive, innocent girl.
I think the fact that she is so innocent, is a beautiful and special thing, and something to be treasured. I have dated, yes -- but the most I ever did with a girl on any of those dates, was a closed-mouth kiss. Nothing ever more than that. I'm most certainly *not* pursuing her, to try to "get physical" with her, and I'm not trying to "corrupt her". Is it really so bad, to want her heart and affection? Because that *is*, what I want.

Quote:
I think what type of relationship you want is to be "daddy" to your little sweet, innocent kitten of a girl. What happens when this kitten grows up to be a cat and doesn't want to listen to everything her "daddy" tells her to do?
Why the overgeneralized stereotypical gender assumption here? I don't want to be a "daddy" to her. I don't want, to "control" her. What I do want, is a relationship, entirely of equals and full equality, with her. She doesn't have to "listen", to anything I say, if she doesn't want to. I never said I wanted to be her "daddy".

Quote:
Also it's not fair that you're holding this young girl on a pedestal as a "fantasy girl" of your dreams. That's a big responsibility she has to continue and it will stunt her emotional growth.
How exactly am I placing her on a pedestal? All I said, was that I found her kindness, compassion, and caring nature to be incredibly sweet and adorable.

Quote:
My suggestion would be to have a mail order bride that is subservant to you and who will complete your fantasy of the sweet, cuddly kitten.
You don't understand I don't *want* anyone to be "subservient", to me. Where did I ever say that? By "sweet cuddly kitten", I just meant I loved having someone special in my life, who was so kind, nurturing, and gentle, to me.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 01-19-2011 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: Corrected typos

Old 01-19-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
That's another thing, you continue to call your knave and knight. You are in a fantasy world of being the white knight to rescue a damsel in distress. Please give up that fantasy and come back to reality.
I could just as easily have used the word "jerk", instead of "knave" Would that have made you happier? You are making some huge assumptions here. It's not about living in a fantasy world, as you had put it -- it's about wanting to be the best and most caring person I can be, to the ppl I care about. It's about upholding the ideal, of wanting to be, a "better man", in every way.

Quote:
I understand you want to be an honorable man and wait until marriage. Good for you! I applaud that in you. But I believe that you feel so strongly about being so gallant towards women that you are scaring them off.
Thank you for the constructive feedback. You may have a legitimate point there, that I will have to further examine.

Quote:
I just got an idea...have you ever gone to the Renaissance Fairs or been involved in them? I think since you imagine yourself a Knight, it would be good to immerse yourself in that culture and you'll most likely find someone there. I know that people that are into that subculture do that 24/7 year round. Might be a thought.
Yes, I have visited Renaissance Fairs before in the past, and yes, someone on the forum was kind enough to point out a group that has does that sort of activity for fun (I'm forgetting the exact name, atm). But this is something I definitely want to look into further.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 01-19-2011 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Corrected typos

Old 01-19-2011, 10:55 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,967 times
So long as she is of legal age and her and Knight enjoy each of the others company, well why not? Yes, either side can be taken advantage of. Yes, there are many glaring red flags about the whole thing. Personaly, I could not ever enjoy placing myself into such a relationship as described (it makes my teeth hurt to even read about it). But who knows? It might just work out. Though I give it less than a 1% chance if you were to ask me the odds.

Good luck Knight.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
So long as she is of legal age and her and Knight enjoy each of the others company, well why not? Yes, either side can be taken advantage of. Yes, there are many glaring red flags about the whole thing. Personaly, I could not ever enjoy placing myself into such a relationship as described (it makes my teeth hurt to even read about it). But who knows? It might just work out. Though I give it less than a 1% chance if you were to ask me the odds.

Good luck Knight.
Thx for your comments and feedback. The insight and thoughts are appreciated. I guess I figure I have nothing to lose, by at least trying for something real, with her -- that way, even if I fail, I at least know I gave it, my very best effort.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:11 AM

I also say good luck on this relationship. I mean no harm.

Renaissance Club

^^ This, I believe, is a Renaissance club in VA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships