Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 10:57 AM

44,430 posts, read 20,192,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Women need to quit lying to themselves because they know good & well if their man were to cry, they would tell him to "man up" Be for real.

I can agree with this. Whether women want to admit it or not, they don't want a man that shows emotion, they want a strong man that's able to be strong for everyone else, even when he has reason to break down.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 11:54 AM

29,803 posts, read 34,621,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
I lose respect for anyone who cries barring a really good reason. It is a sign of loss of control.
Do you consider laughing or smiling a loss of control? What is it about showing sorrow that equals weakness, but showing anger or joy or love doesn't?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:59 AM

817 posts, read 814,861 times
Any man who cries before a woman is not considered to be a real man, and such a person is usually dumped immediately once he does that, a man could cry with some man friends of his, they would understand and console him, or cry alone, preferably cry alone, if you cry before a woman, consider your relationship gone for good.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:00 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,302,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Do you consider laughing or smiling a loss of control? What is it about showing sorrow that equals weakness, but showing anger or joy or love doesn't?
Just one of those society rules where men are not expected to show their feelings and sensitive soft side and women are not expected to be honest and upfront about their sexuality.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:02 PM

817 posts, read 814,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Just one of those society rules where men are not expected to show their feelings and sensitive soft side and women are not expected to be honest and upfront about their sexuality.
Agree, any man who cries is not much of a man anyway.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:11 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,998,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Showing anger is certainly a loss of control. Negative emotions like anger or crying should be done alone and in private if they need to be done at all.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:13 PM

946 posts, read 2,923,883 times
This is a complicated question. I like manly men, strong and dominant men who can protect me when needed. At the same time, I don't want a savage barbarian. I want him to have emotions and be sweet and romantic when needed. There needs to be a balance. A man who is too emotional and cries often is not attractive to me. It's nice to know a man can cry because it shows that he has a heart and is vulnerable (and sometimes it's really sexy to see that side of a man ),but for me to be attracted to him he has to be strong and manly.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:33 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,314,270 times
I hate it when anyone cries in front of me who I do not know really well and am good friends with. And I hate it when I cry in front of people I don't know well too.

Man or woman, doesn't matter.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:33 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,416,975 times
"Any man who cries is not much of a man anyway."

Yeah, right. I guess a man who has their daughter kidnapped by a pedophile, tortured and then murdered, just CANNOT cry.

"Yup, my little girl got killed yesterday, but dang, I can't cry 'cause I ain't much of a man if I do so."

The amount of idiocy on this thread boggles the mind.

Any woman who doesn't want a man who cries when warranted will never stay in a long-term relationship and any man who can't (or won't) cry is NO man.

And the asinine stereotypes here are hilarious: "No woman will respect a man who cries." Whoever wrote this has only been around 15 year old girls or has never dated at all.

I'm not talking about some man crying because the panty hose at Walmarts went up 23 cents a package. I'm talking about a man who cries when the situation demands it. For all you women claiming you don't want a man to cry... if you were in an accident and ended up mangled and in traction in the ICU.. and he sees you in the hospital, you'd think he's less of a "MAN" if he cries because he loves you and you are in agony?

Old 03-14-2011, 12:37 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,314,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Women need to quit lying to themselves because they know good & well if their man were to cry, they would tell him to "man up" Be for real.

I can agree with this. Whether women want to admit it or not, they don't want a man that shows emotion, they want a strong man that's able to be strong for everyone else, even when he has reason to break down.

If someone doesnt agree with your perceptions of what every woman wants then they're lying?? ugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships