Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 12:39 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,646 times

Advertisements

My husband has cried in front of me countless times. When our dog was run over and killed, when his mother died, when I had something horrible happen to me... I never told him to "man up, " nor would I. Real men cry and men who can't cry have some issues. And why any woman would want a man who could not cry is a mystery.

There is no corrolation between not crying and "being a man." Being a man is a lot more nuanced, multi-layered and involved than merely not crying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 12:42 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
You know how women cry while watching chick flick and things like that which are see as normal, how would women take it if a man cried watching a movie?

Aw darn it! Yes, I have cried with a movie or two out there in the company of a girl or group of friends, when I said goodbye to my brother in Japan as he was flying back home, seeing a friend cry as he was going through his divorceand while giving him a hug through those difficult moments, saying goodbye to my ex as she was flying back to Japan, etc. .

Old 03-14-2011, 12:55 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,833 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qIgVrOy9vM

Old 03-14-2011, 01:44 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,606 times
I have nothing wrong with crying as long as there is a good reason- men or women. What I dislike the most? Is when women cry to manipulate people around them...(And I am a girl!)

Old 03-14-2011, 01:44 PM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Any man who cries before a woman is not considered to be a real man, and such a person is usually dumped immediately once he does that, a man could cry with some man friends of his, they would understand and console him, or cry alone, preferably cry alone, if you cry before a woman, consider your relationship gone for good.
I would not want to be with a man who is unable, or unwilling, to cry in front of me when something very sad occurs.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:47 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Quote:
Any man who cries before a woman is not considered to be a real man, and such a person is usually dumped immediately once he does that, a man could cry with some man friends of his, they would understand and console him, or cry alone, preferably cry alone, if you cry before a woman, consider your relationship gone for good.
Co-sign 110%. That's the general consensus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
If someone doesnt agree with your perceptions of what every woman wants then they're lying?? ugh
I'm just saying that deep down, women know they're lying to themselves when they say they want a man that's not afraid to show emotion. I simply pointed it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I would not want to be with a man who is unable, or unwilling, to cry in front of me when something very sad occurs.
To each his/her own.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:48 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
I have this poster on ignore so i didn't see this earlier:

Quote:
a man could cry with some man friends of his, they would understand and console him
Seriously? As demonstrated in this thread, it's generally the men who will give a guy all kinds of #$%^ for showing emotion and it's generally women who will accept it.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
"Any man who cries is not much of a man anyway."

Yeah, right. I guess a man who has their daughter kidnapped by a pedophile, tortured and then murdered, just CANNOT cry.

"Yup, my little girl got killed yesterday, but dang, I can't cry 'cause I ain't much of a man if I do so."

The amount of idiocy on this thread boggles the mind.

Any woman who doesn't want a man who cries when warranted will never stay in a long-term relationship and any man who can't (or won't) cry is NO man.

And the asinine stereotypes here are hilarious: "No woman will respect a man who cries." Whoever wrote this has only been around 15 year old girls or has never dated at all.

I'm not talking about some man crying because the panty hose at Walmarts went up 23 cents a package. I'm talking about a man who cries when the situation demands it. For all you women claiming you don't want a man to cry... if you were in an accident and ended up mangled and in traction in the ICU.. and he sees you in the hospital, you'd think he's less of a "MAN" if he cries because he loves you and you are in agony?
In instances like those, not only would crying be appropriate but taking action should soon follow. In the pedophile example, crying wouldn't enter my mind at all but revenge would definitely be in order.

Quote:
any man who can't (or won't) cry is NO man.
Guess you've been raised around nothing but women your whole life to let this statement come out your mouth.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:51 PM

817 posts, read 811,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Co-sign 110%. That's the general consensus

I'm just saying that deep down, women know they're lying to themselves when they say they want a man that's not afraid to show emotion. I simply pointed it out

To each his/her own.
Most of the people here who say they won't mind when a man cries are just saying that over here, they won't follow that in real life, for the most part.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Most of the people here who say they won't mind when a man cries are just saying that over here, they won't follow that in real life, for the most part.
Already. These women are funny. As stated before, there are acceptable and unacceptable instances for a man to show emotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships