Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 10:54 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,994,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Yes, they really do!?!?
I take that back. Crying and masculinity are not correlated. Being a cry baby or some ultra hardcore emotionless bastard has nothing to do w/ masculinity. This is my stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Then I call "pathetic".

All this touchy-feely-New Age-"get-in-touch-with-your-true-spirit" stuff gets to be too much after a while; that's why we have so many little snot-nosed punks running around gumming things up for real men.

Grrrr.
I agree, but it still doesn't have jack to do with masculinity. I also get pissed off when women cry for reason I deem stupid and unnecessary, but I never question their femininity. I just don't see the correlation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 10:57 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,994,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, whatever....

You must be young....
Why go there? Why ?!

Old 03-19-2011, 12:23 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,669,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
I take that back. Crying and masculinity are not correlated. Being a cry baby or some ultra hardcore emotionless bastard has nothing to do w/ masculinity. This is my stance.

I agree, but it still doesn't have jack to do with masculinity. I also get pissed off when women cry for reason I deem stupid and unnecessary, but I never question their femininity. I just don't see the correlation.
I'm just old-school - just trying to hold back the flood of gender-blending.

So sue me.

No, wait - REAL men don't sue - they settle things with their fists!

Come on - didn't you ever watch John Wayne movies? Bogie movies? Did THEY run around crying all the time?

Woe is this world...woe, I say.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:39 PM

52,444 posts, read 52,990,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I'm just old-school - just trying to hold back the flood of gender-blending.

So sue me.

No, wait - REAL men don't sue - they settle things with their fists!

Come on - didn't you ever watch John Wayne movies? Bogie movies? Did THEY run around crying all the time?

Woe is this world...woe, I say.
LOL, there's been a few times I've would have loved to just drill someone in the mug.

When I was in high school there was this kid picking on a slow kid, he wasn't retarded, but he was definitely off.

I went up to that bully kid and I wanted to punch him so bad I almost had an erection.

Luckily he saw my red vein laden face and thought the better of messing around with the other kid.

Yeah, Bogie wouldn't have gone around with a hankie......

Old 03-19-2011, 12:54 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,669,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, there's been a few times I've would have loved to just drill someone in the mug.

When I was in high school there was this kid picking on a slow kid, he wasn't retarded, but he was definitely off.

I went up to that bully kid and I wanted to punch him so bad I almost had an erection.

Luckily he saw my red vein laden face and thought the better of messing around with the other kid.

Yeah, Bogie wouldn't have gone around with a hankie......
See, good or bad I've actually done stuff like that; I have a bad habit of sticking up for underdogs. The repercussions are just something you live with - you don't go crying to Mommy about it.

Bogie with a hankie? HAH! He'd blow his nose on his fallen assailant's jacket! Like Mike Hammer was described in one of his tough-guy PI movies - "He's the kind of guy who would kick your teeth in, then slap you for mumbling"

Old 03-19-2011, 04:29 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,387,617 times
Real men don't cry...

...they get allergies.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:46 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,387,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
I hate it when anyone cries in front of me who I do not know really well and am good friends with. And I hate it when I cry in front of people I don't know well too.

Man or woman, doesn't matter.
I'm the same way.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:16 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,686,475 times
Meh. Men who don't cry or think that crying is "un-masculine" are sissies in my opinion.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:36 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,141,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
Meh. Men who don't cry or think that crying is "un-masculine" are sissies in my opinion.
Men who cry at stupid stuff are more the sissy than men who cry that actually have a reason to shed the waterworks.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:41 PM

4,574 posts, read 9,191,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
Let's see...my dad was a WW2 vet...one of the toughest men I ever knew...and yet, when word reached him that his mom had passed, he shed tears because he and his mom were very close...gonna call him a girl?

My dad passed in 2001...I held it together all the day of his funeral---then early the next morning, I found a quiet corner of his house, and I wept...no check that, I lost it, because he was my father, and he helped bring me into this world...my mom found me, and we cried together, her for the loss of a man she had loved almost forever, and me because there were a lot of things I didn't get a chance to say to him before he died, seeing as how he was in a coma...4 years later, my siblings and I got the call from the hospice that my mom had passed...

She had terminal cancer, and was in a lot of pain, and death was somewhat of a release for her...my sister was there, and we held each other and cried together...still thinking about calling me a girl, or saying that crying is for girls?...

I am 280 pounds of ex-US Army infantry...I fear practically nothing, and step aside for no one...and I'm sorry, but you can take that tough-guy horse**** and stick it, because every time in my life that I had occasion to shed tears, I didn't see some little guy with a geiger-counter walking behind me telling me I was dangerously close to 'girlhood' because I showed emotion---and if he had, I would have tried my best to render him unconscious...

I'd love for you to try and tell my sister, or my mother in law, or my wife, that crying is for girls, and I'm some kind of girly-man because I dare to show emotion in front of them...there isn't a clock fast enough to record how quick you'd get jacked up by them, trust me
Spare me the belly achin'. You think youre the only person who had to watch a loved one die a slow undignified death? My dad had to watch his dad deteriorate with Parkinson's disease. In the old mans last days he could not even walk or wipe himself.

Men who cry make me sick.

For my dad growing up bi racial in the 1950s.... Depending on which route he took home from school meant either having to fight his way through white or black kids. Thats something to cry about. But he didn't.

Having a bunch of Rich Congressman and a President tell you at 19 that you have to go kill a bunch of communists because it is your duty as a draftee is something to cry about. But he didn't.

Getting wounded and having a bunch of spoiled brats with long hair treat you like garbage after just trying to stay a live is something to cry about. But he didn't.

I wonder how America would have gotten by during the great depression if men just sat around and cried?

What would have happened on Normandy if everyone just sat down and let their emotions out and cried?

If you are a man and you have to cry, find a corner where no one can see you but don't do that stuff in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships