Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 09:06 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
I've only cried in front of my wife once and that was over my dog dieing. I Loved that dog, I'm a sucker for pooches.
Animals are probably the thing I am the most emotional about so I understand that.

To be honest I would be a little dubious and dare I say it put off should a man not cry when his Dog died. That to me would almost be a deal-breaker, a sign of bad things to come.

Never trust a man who is unable or unwilling to show emotions when his Pets die. He is either an uncaring , cold bastard or emotionally barren and unable to deal with his strong emotions. Either are pretty bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 09:47 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Never trust a man who is unable or unwilling to show emotions when his Pets die. He is either an uncaring , cold bastard or emotionally barren and unable to deal with his strong emotions. Either are pretty bad.
I shed not a single tear when my sea monkeys kicked the bucket.

Call me cold.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,638,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Men were raised to be strong, tough, not show any emotion. Our fathers instilled in us from a very early age that crying is not manly, so many men grow up with the mindset that crying is not OK. Most fathers have never cried in front of their sons because they don't want to be seen as weak by their family. Think about it, men are looked to for strength and guidance through the storms of life and if a man breaks down, that's disastrous for the rest of the family. That, is why many men feel that crying isn't manly and warrants automatic revocation of your mancard.
I would LOVE for you to tell my father that. My father left mother, sister and I and went on to spend thousands of dollars on women, cocaine and partying. Did he cry? NO. Did he care? NO. Was he there for us? NO

I would much rather have a father who cried because he just wanted to do the best for us and wanted to be strong then a careless father who just run off on us for his own selfless pleasure. So no, I don't look at crying as a a weakness. Unless someone just cries everyday for something stupid.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:21 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Animals are probably the thing I am the most emotional about so I understand that.

To be honest I would be a little dubious and dare I say it put off should a man not cry when his Dog died. That to me would almost be a deal-breaker, a sign of bad things to come.

He probably does care but doesn't see no sense in shedding tears, especially since it won't change what happened. Why show any emotion like it's going to change what happened?

Old 03-15-2011, 02:27 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
How true is that statement. I realize most women hate it when a man cries unless they are really in love with him.
I like it when men cry (at appropriate times).

The sweetest thing my current hubby did was get all misty eyed over a television commercial (it was about two old people who were young, and it showed them growing old together).

He's a sap.

So am I.

That's prolly why we make a good couple.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:30 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Only sociopaths dont cry or show emotion..That manly man stuff is corny and overplayed..

My aunt died 2 years back and was like a mother to me and i cried allot..

If someobdy came up to me and told me to be a man and not cry id spit in their face..

Old 03-15-2011, 03:51 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I shed not a single tear when my sea monkeys kicked the bucket.

Call me cold.
You Sir are a hard man indeed ! Buns of steel you may have but a heart of stone too !

I don't believe it all , I think you went all mushy , declaimed wild verses of stunning poetry and buried them all with honour in your yard !

Old 03-15-2011, 06:56 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,805 times
Quote:
That's hilarious- considering so many use it to wiggle the britches off of many unsuspecting, sentimental, and vulnerable females!
Beware of crocodile tears, ladies!
-You're onto something. Because many women find a man sexy that shows emotion/cries, some men are using that to their advantage to get her into bed.

Quote:
Only sociopaths dont cry or show emotion..That manly man stuff is corny and overplayed..
My aunt died 2 years back and was like a mother to me and i cried allot..
If someobdy came up to me and told me to be a man and not cry id spit in their face
Only certified lames believe that someone whos emotionless must be a sociopath. This is a load of monkey crap. You had reason to cry because a loved one died.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:00 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,107 times
Does this classic do anything to anyone? WOW.....that's a powerful song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE1lsCA-y-o

Old 03-15-2011, 07:37 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,161,734 times
My dad is a vietnam vet and did not even cry at his dads funeral this winter. Crying is for girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships