Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 01:55 PM

44,420 posts, read 20,179,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Co-sign 110%. That's the general consensus

I'm just saying that deep down, women know they're lying to themselves when they say they want a man that's not afraid to show emotion. I simply pointed it out

To each his/her own.
How in the world can you speak for 100% of a demographic, particularly a demographic of which you are not even a part?

I agree with the "to each his/her own" comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 01:58 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,729,545 times
cos he's god damn Nostradamus, of course!

Old 03-14-2011, 01:59 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,994,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
How true is that statement. I realize most women hate it when a man cries unless they are really in love with him.
I'm pretty sure it's applicable in some moronic circles. Not the common consensus though.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:02 PM

14,228 posts, read 30,128,293 times
I was with a man for decades who was relatively emotionless. I believe he though it made him more masculine.

I never again want to be with a man who can't cry. Emotions and feelings are important.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:58 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,175,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Most of the people here who say they won't mind when a man cries are just saying that over here, they won't follow that in real life, for the most part.
no, we've said we've seen men cry and it hasn't changed our opinion of them.

Man or woman crying at the drop of the hat, is something else though.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:39 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,234,972 times
I've only cried in front of my wife once and that was over my dog dieing. I Loved that dog, I'm a sucker for pooches.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:28 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,666,021 times
This thread makes me want to cry...

Old 03-14-2011, 08:44 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,444,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
How true is that statement. I realize most women hate it when a man cries unless they are really in love with him.
love somebody, you will never care about it!!

Old 03-14-2011, 11:34 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,313,568 times
Quote:
. That's the general consensus
No it isn't. This thread proves that it isn't.

Quote:
I'm just saying that deep down, women know they're lying to themselves when they say they want a man that's not afraid to show emotion. I simply pointed it out
I know what you're saying. Your first post said it clearly enough: If women don't agree with you, they are lying. Saying it again won't change my mind. Or make your statement true. I'm really curious why you think you know better than every single woman what their own opinion is. I'm also curious as to why you think women dated men who showed emotion, married them, had sex with them, had and continue to have great relationships with them, etc etc if they didn't want them and weren't attracted to them? (hint: there's no good answers, it's just plain ol ridiculous)

Quote:
To each his/her own.
Which is it? to each their own or everyone should agree or someone's lying? you're full of it

Old 03-15-2011, 05:18 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,139,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
No it isn't. This thread proves that it isn't.

I know what you're saying. Your first post said it clearly enough: If women don't agree with you, they are lying. Saying it again won't change my mind. Or make your statement true. I'm really curious why you think you know better than every single woman what their own opinion is. I'm also curious as to why you think women dated men who showed emotion, married them, had sex with them, had and continue to have great relationships with them, etc etc if they didn't want them and weren't attracted to them? (hint: there's no good answers, it's just plain ol ridiculous)

Which is it? to each their own or everyone should agree or someone's lying? you're full of it
I'm not trying to change your, or anyone's mind. Congrats to you and other women that have great relationships with men that are comfortable enough to be emotional with you and not be judged for it. Some women aren't like that, they will look down on a man that cries or shows any kind of emotion. The "to each their own" statement simply means that if a woman wants a man that shows emotion, that's her perogative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships