Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 09:52 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,659,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Spare me the belly achin'. You think youre the only person who had to watch a loved one die a slow undignified death? My dad had to watch his dad deteriorate with Parkinson's disease. In the old mans last days he could not even walk or wipe himself.

Men who cry make me sick.

For my dad growing up bi racial in the 1950s.... Depending on which route he took home from school meant either having to fight his way through white or black kids. Thats something to cry about. But he didn't.

Having a bunch of Rich Congressman and a President tell you at 19 that you have to go kill a bunch of communists because it is your duty as a draftee is something to cry about. But he didn't.

Getting wounded and having a bunch of spoiled brats with long hair treat you like garbage after just trying to stay a live is something to cry about. But he didn't.

I wonder how America would have gotten by during the great depression if men just sat around and cried?

What would have happened on Normandy if everyone just sat down and let their emotions out and cried?

If you are a man and you have to cry, find a corner where no one can see you but don't do that stuff in public.
And yet here you are crying in public...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 10:18 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,684,059 times
It depends what a guy is crying over like the death of a loved one (OK) or a scratch on his car(Not OK)!

Old 03-19-2011, 10:40 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,688,477 times
Lightbulb Well Then....

Quote:
Spare me the belly achin'. You think youre the only person who had to watch a loved one die a slow undignified death? My dad had to watch his dad deteriorate with Parkinson's disease. In the old mans last days he could not even walk or wipe himself.

For my dad growing up bi racial in the 1950s.... Depending on which route he took home from school meant either having to fight his way through white or black kids. Thats something to cry about. But he didn't.

Having a bunch of Rich Congressman and a President tell you at 19 that you have to go kill a bunch of communists because it is your duty as a draftee is something to cry about. But he didn't.

Getting wounded and having a bunch of spoiled brats with long hair treat you like garbage after just trying to stay a live is something to cry about. But he didn't.

I wonder how America would have gotten by during the great depression if men just sat around and cried?

What would have happened on Normandy if everyone just sat down and let their emotions out and cried?

If you are a man and you have to cry, find a corner where no one can see you but don't do that stuff in public.
You should stock up on supplies, buy a ticket, and go somewhere and be by yourself...

And by the way...I'm sorry if men crying makes you sick but tough tuna---you do not get to make the call on who's manly or not...just because something bugs YOU, that means every other guy in the world is supposed to just take a vow of silence, because your a** gets chapped every time a man sheds tears? Not happening, not on my watch...

Sorry for your luck, and let me re-emphasize a point I have made here on City-Data more than once...I am grown...I will express my emotions when I please, how I please, and where I please, up to and including the shedding of tears, IN PUBLIC, if I am so moved...unless you are almighty god , my late parents, the POTUS, the pope, or someone in a supervisory capacity over me, then either leave the area, or hush up and deal, because frankly, I don't have to answer to you...

I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna stop being emotional in certain situations, just because you think it's a major infraction in the 'Tough Guy's Guide To Life'

Old 03-20-2011, 12:29 AM

5,325 posts, read 6,118,557 times
Quote:

Spare us your high horse if a loved one dies you have every right to cry..To make it seem like you if you cry its unmanly or over every little thing and theres no grey area is nonsense..

Old 03-20-2011, 12:46 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,655,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
It depends what a guy is crying over like the death of a loved one (OK) or a scratch on his car(Not OK)!
That depends? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBS3t...eature=related

Old 03-20-2011, 05:57 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,684,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
I know on what type of car !

Old 03-20-2011, 07:58 AM

1,583 posts, read 3,684,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Men who cry at stupid stuff are more the sissy than men who cry that actually have a reason to shed the waterworks.
Depends on what you think "stupid stuff" is. It's different for everyone. If a guy wants to cry but thinks he shouldn't because he's afraid of seeming "weak", he's even more of a baby than if he went ahead and cried.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:22 AM

1,543 posts, read 3,002,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Spare us your high horse if a loved one dies you have every right to cry..To make it seem like you if you cry its unmanly or over every little thing and theres no grey area is nonsense..
My brother sounds like Norcal dude. The problem with guys like him. Is that they tell other men not to cry but when it comes to crying. They go ahead and cry and no one can tell them the things they would tell other men for crying.

Crying is something natural that reliefs stress and pain. So I consider crying a good thing for both sexes. Its just that society is what is wrong here. Too many people in this nation believe men should not cry. If men were not suppose to cry then why have tear ducts for?

Crying serves a purpose. Of course, crying for any little reason is not ok for either sex. But society again, says women can cry for any little reason.

You can't expect for people to hold things in without it causing a negative result on the individual. Look at WW2 vets. They had to hold everything in and not talk about it. What resulted? A lot of angry old men that were bitter and hated everything and everyone. Or if they are not like that, then the reason is because they cried and they let out what was causing them pain out to loved ones. Its a good thing to cry.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:49 AM

52,417 posts, read 52,930,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Why go there? Why ?!

It's like a joke.

If I gotta explain it.....

Old 03-20-2011, 08:52 AM

1,543 posts, read 3,002,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's like a joke.

If I gotta explain it.....
yes.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships