Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2011, 02:02 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times

Advertisements

Another pet peeve:

*folks who digress from the original topic and talk about fitness/muscle crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 02:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
People who make stupid lists like these every time the topic comes up! It's not that I don't get irritated... I sure do... maybe more than others… but I'd never waste time on such lists.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:04 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Another pet peeve:

*folks who digress from the original topic and talk about fitness/muscle crap.
It's SOMEONES pet peeve!

Old 03-24-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
I believe in having explosive speed and strength more than anything, because that's what I need for my day to day needs and from a sports perspective, why don't we start a fight club on this forum, all the interested members could participate, we could select a location and knock the living daylights out of each other, what say?
I say I have a mean flying knee!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:55 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
How about running 10 miles with a 90 pound full pack or dragging someone injured? Those muscles don't do you a bit of good if you can't work them for more than 5 minutes.
That can be done with a specialized workout program designed for that kind of thing.

Quote:
North, I don't dispute what you have said, and one is not better than the other, I am merely saying that a lot of guys with bulky muscles have this assumption that they are unbeatable just because of the bulk, while speed is a very important thing when you are in an actual fight situation, and some guys train for speed, atleast I do.

I train for endurance as well as strength, as I do a lot of backpacking and rock climbing, so my requirements are different than what some other's train for, some could be training for body building, they have got a different goal, I am merely saying that one is not better than the other, it all depends on the purpose. So your assumption of folks training for speed/endurance being training for that pretty boy look is totally wrong in this case, if anything it's the folks that have those bulky muscles that want to show off for the most part.
That's true. Size and strength are nothing without the speed to back it up (I have all 3).

My biggest pet peeve is women who wear stilettos and are over 6'0. Hey, how's the weather up there? Short man marries tall woman, he gets bust in the mouth.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:26 PM

817 posts, read 811,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
That's true. Size and strength are nothing without the speed to back it up (I have all 3).
Welcome to the FIGHT CLUB OF CD, ready to kick ass and get some ass kicking in return? I and BBJ are already members there, can't wait for more members to join and beat the crap out of each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
My biggest pet peeve is women who wear stilettos and are over 6'0. Hey, how's the weather up there? Short man marries tall woman, he gets bust in the mouth.
Hehehe, well yeah I have seen some of them, I bet they enjoy getting the shorter guy's mouth in their bust, you know most of those shorter guys would be eye level with their ______,

Old 03-24-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Welcome to the FIGHT CLUB OF CD, ready to kick ass and get some ass kicking in return? I and BBJ are already members there, can't wait for more members to join and beat the crap out of each other.

Hehehe, well yeah I have seen some of them, I bet they enjoy getting the shorter guy's mouth in their bust, you know most of those shorter guys would be eye level with their ______,
Hahaha So are you going to talk or fight? I'm gonna fight! LOL

Old 03-24-2011, 08:36 PM

817 posts, read 811,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Hahaha So are you going to talk or fight? I'm gonna fight! LOL
Let's fight, while we fight here verbally, let's do it in real, where do you live, as in which state? We shall start an underground CD fight club, and beat the crap out of each other, vent out all your frustrations on the opponent :P

Old 03-24-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Let's fight, while we fight here verbally, let's do it in real, where do you live, as in which state? We shall start an underground CD fight club, and beat the crap out of each other, vent out all your frustrations on the opponent :P
I get to punch a bag and break stuff for a living. Sometimes the rougher the better. You just smash in a concrete block wall with a 3 pound sledge. I guess my pet peeve is, why are all the toughest guys the nicest and the others so mean? Riddle me that and I'll send you 100 rep points!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:19 PM

When people aren't smart enough about me having eyes in the sky when they talk s*** about me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships