Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 02:59 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,718,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No matter what people believe about who should pay, the woman described in the OP was tacky. Breaking up with a man over text and saying what she did showed no class at all.
Yeh txt break ups....

I probably would of said: "I prefer more traditional roles and our values would lead us to clash. So lets just keep it civil and remain friends. " (face2face)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 03:23 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,124,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna777 View Post
hmmm...guys want good looks and expect women to not have standards as well? As soon as women have criteria that seems unreasonable to the opposite sex, it is a disgrace? very interesting. last time i checked, real men pay for dates. If you cant afford a steak house, go to mD's, but atleast pay for her dollar meal. cheapo's. Im sure you men have "criteria" that women dont like. I shouldnt even have to make this point to grown men of any standard on an internet board , jesus.
If you're expecting a man to come out of pocket for EVERY date, that's using someone for what you can get. Therefore it's smart of them to recognize some women like you for what they are, users/golddiggers. The fact is, some women like you sit back and take, take and take, but aren't willing to bring nothing to the table. A REAL MAN doesn't allow himself to be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Broads? I'm surprised to read that coming from you. I must have you confused with another poster.
I changed my moniker, I'm the same guy but with a different screenname. Anytime I use broads, it's used in a negative manner against women with detestable character.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:31 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,132,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Oh honey thats from what you ate for lunch for lifetime with unhealthy choices...They should of listened to mother and ate their veggies.

Changing dirty diapers and cleaning vomit with chapped nipples is play?

I typically eat a couple eggs (Or egg whites) with Fruit and Yogurt for breakfast after my workout, protein, an apple and a Salad for lunch, and whatever I want for dinner.

(Fruit for a smack often)

I think I'm fine.

Yes, Play.

I'd stop over at my Godchildren's house, the Husband would get up and go to work early, his wife would sleep in, read while the kids played, or watch a movie with the kids, sit on the couch, etc.

Yes, when children are little there is increased work.
This is a short period compared to the 20-30 years of a career etc.

BUT, as I said... Partnership what?

-And WHAT does this have to do with YOU expecting US to PAY for the privilage of your company?

I've got a buddy out in Nevada that does that, he's been married 3x and says it's cheaper to pay for it up front!

Is THAT how you want to be viewed? Because as someone else said... if it's one side always paying for 'services' (Company, or other)... there's a term for that!

Old 07-23-2011, 03:33 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,207,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
I changed my moniker, I'm the same guy but with a different screenname. Anytime I use broads, it's used in a negative manner against women with detestable character.
Ok, but again, I was surprised to read the bigoted term. I'll probably forget and be surprised in the future. I'll try to file it, tho.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,202,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
To answer your question though, I started pitching in around the 4th date. I couldn't imagine having a man solely pay for me all the time.
I find this timing about right - 3 or 4... Definitely not 1!

Old 07-24-2011, 08:51 AM

943 posts, read 3,336,120 times
Okay so last night I went on an impromptu date with this guy I was seeing last year (we're still friends) I invited him out to this restaurant that had a live band playing and a walk around town. Initially I planned on going alone but around 5 I decided I wanted some company and we were due for a meetup anyway. So he agreed and we decided to meet up there. I had every intention on paying for everything but he snatched the check right up and paid for everything, which I thought was so sweet of him. So afterwards we went to the cupcake shop and I treated him to my favorite cupcake. He was a complete gentleman even though I was the one that invited him out and he isn't my boyfriend. This made me smile.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:33 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,688,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
I would obviously pay if I asked her out, but if she doesn't at least offer, there's no second date. You dodged a bullet, OP.
Good rule to go by.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
This may be a troll but I'll respond anyway. Most men who date are most likely able to pay for dates and such. However, it's a nice gesture if a woman pays or offers to pay because it shows character. I understand the old fashioned way of thinking, but I'm in my mid 20s and most women I've dated would offer to pay at some point. The days of men being expected to pay for everything are pretty much gone.
Back a hundred years ago, women were on the fringes of the workforce, did low skill work or were so caught up with domestic duties as we didn't have the conveniences of modern America with things like dishwashers and washing machines and electricity and so on. Women mostly married young and courtship didn't last long because you didn't have the plethora of options modern transportation and communications provide us with today. You took what you could get and ran with it. And didn't matter because most people didn't live past 50 anyways.

So yeah without wealth, income, mobility or communication, I get that men might have needed to stump up for some courtship.

Things have changed. Modern women have every access to cars, phones, internet and have their own jobs and careers. To me it is ridiculous that professional women with full time jobs want men to pay constantly for dates, when often they might be earning more than the man.

It's like I find with a lot of this "feminism". Feminism is all about making certain thing they want "equal" but other things in their favor they want to keep the status quo. That doesn't add up. If you are going to have equality and fairness, it needs to exist across all levels.

And that's what I always enjoyed with Australian and European women, these issues never came up unless I forced or insisted the old style American ideals of paying for everything on them.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Well, women, or at least some of us, want looks as well. I would be uncomfortable with a guy paying for me. It's ok if he pays one time, and I pay the next. Otherwise, there's a serious imbalance of power there. I don't like people paying my way for anything. It makes me uncomfortable. I think it's best for one or both to prepare a picnick lunch at home and head to the park or just grab coffee. Maybe go to the movies where one person picks up the tickets and the other buys drinks and popcorn.
That's reasonable.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
Anytime I use broads, it's used in a negative manner against women with detestable character.
Same here. The other terms that might be used might not be PG-13.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships