Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 08:57 PM

358 posts, read 471,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
yeah but nowhere near as long as the list of requirements women have for men
Why does anyone else's "list of requirements" matter to you? Your own list can be as long or as short as you want it to be. You are the one making the choices in your life.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:18 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,317,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley James View Post
Why does anyone else's "list of requirements" matter to you? Your own list can be as long or as short as you want it to be. You are the one making the choices in your life.
yeah but i'd rather a woman, girl just want me, be attracted to me because of my looks, screw personality and what I have going for me in life

Old 10-04-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
yeah but i'd rather a woman, girl just want me, be attracted to me because of my looks, screw personality and what I have going for me in life
Great, that's your choice. You know what you want; you have your list of "requirements." Better get crackin'!

Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,482,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley James View Post
A woman only needs to be half the package to be "girlfriend" material in your eyes? Consider your standards.
100% agree. IF ( and that is a big if because it doesn't describe all men) men have lower standards, that's not the women's problem.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:52 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,317,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
100% agree. IF ( and that is a big if because it doesn't describe all men) men have lower standards, that's not the women's problem.
yeah, i guess blame men for making women have it easier

Old 10-05-2011, 12:46 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,482,948 times
Not blaming men.
Just telling you why it's harder for men. They often have WAY lower standards than women have.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:04 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,220,113 times
Quote:
I find it better to take responsibility than to blame the other side. You can even look at it as a challenge: if the women you want have high standards, that's more incentive to improve yourself. If you aren't where you want to be you should want to improve regardless, but a little extra incentive never hurt.

However, there are women who care mostly about looks, or are willing to overlook all the traits in the subject line. I wouldn't want to date them, but that's just me. As a man I would have trouble overlooking those traits because the whole package is much more more attractive than just a "hot" girl.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Men don't "make women have it easier." I set my own standards; I'm the one making it easier or harder on myself. So are you.

You have a very narrow "list of requirements." You want a woman who is attracted to you because of your looks which rules out everyone that is attracted to you for other reasons as well but....that is your choice; that is what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I find it better to take responsibility than to blame the other side.
Take responsibility for your choices...this gives you power. It's okay that you'll meet women that aren't attracted to you because of your looks, and it's okay that they're not, they're just not the right women for you. Stay open until the one's that are attracted to you because of your looks come along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
However, there are women who care mostly about looks, or are willing to overlook all the traits in the subject line.
These are the women you're after.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:06 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,028,050 times
Quote:
yeah it's like men have to be the whole, complete package in order to be "boyfriend material", meanwhile women, they only need half the package
I strongly disagree.

First of all men and women are wired differently. Men are more visual then women are and we run on a different hormone. Both genders are stimulated differently. Don't blame women for men's aggressive sexual nature.

Women are judged solely off their looks for the most part. I don't do it personally but if she's not attractive her life is miserable where as guys can make up for it in other areas. A women can be as rich as she want its still not going to increase her desirability if she's unattractive where as guys get that benefit.

Secondly, the type of man your describing is men with no options. Those are the men who don't have their ducks in order and take whatever they can get so they put up with B.S. from a B.S. women instead of moving on. It works like this the more you have yourself together the greater amount of women are attracted to you. If your out of shape, broke, no style, boring, blah blah no women is going to look at you. However if you have all your ducks in order the number of women who will give you a chance increases. What does this mean? You have more women to choose from.

Thirdly I just learned this recently. There is power in the pursuit. You get to choose which women you interact with. You can approach as many women as you want. Women have the final say but you have the first word. So if you talk to 50 different women but only 5 will give you the time of day you choose from that 5. Maybe one is too much of a princess; maybe one is boring but the other is just right.

It's all about initiative to get yourself together and increasing how many women you interact with.

Again women don't have it as sweet as you think. I used to think the same way. Like another poster said they do get categorized. Yes they can get sex alot easier and that won't ever change unless are biological gender make up changes. Unless your god there's nothing you can do about that. However you can improve your chances, and balance out the scale more by improving yourself and interacting more with more women so you don't have too put up with women who bring nothing to the table.

Lastly women overall do a good job upkeeping themselves these days. Most are in college, athletic, or set high standards for their appearance. You don't see their initiative because you take it for granted. Next time you see a hot girl ask yourself the time she took to put that master piece together. Your attracted to her stomach being tight and having that nice hip to waist ratio. Did you know she does like 300 situps or it took her hours to find the perfect heels. Women work on themselves alot these days which men are failing to understand or take for granted

Men can actually learn something from women but our pride and ego won't let us.

Men expect women to be a certain way women expect men to be a certain way but men like yourself are too lazy to make the change or adapt.

Last edited by Veyron; 10-05-2011 at 08:15 AM..

Old 10-05-2011, 08:16 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,028,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Not blaming men.
Just telling you why it's harder for men. They often have WAY lower standards than women have.
Yep. Men today are desperate and let their little heads control them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships