Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 05:08 PM

358 posts, read 471,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
seriously, why can't women just admit that they have it easiser, that it is easier for a girl to get a guy than it is for a guy to get a girl?

Why does it matter?

Old 10-03-2011, 02:46 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
seriously, why can't women just admit that they have it easiser, that it is easier for a girl to get a guy than it is for a guy to get a girl?
It's easier for women. Now go forth and deal with it.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:50 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
It's also easier for attractive people, rich people, and charismatic people. So what?

And, too, it depends on what you mean by "get a guy". If by that you mean that it's easier for a woman to find a man to have sex with, then yeah, it's probably easier. If "get a man" means finding a nice boyfriend, then that's a bit more difficult. Most women aren't looking to sleep with just anybody who comes along.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:13 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,726,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's also easier for attractive people, rich people, and charismatic people. So what?

And, too, it depends on what you mean by "get a guy". If by that you mean that it's easier for a woman to find a man to have sex with, then yeah, it's probably easier. If "get a man" means finding a nice boyfriend, then that's a bit more difficult. Most women aren't looking to sleep with just anybody who comes along.
I always see this posted and hear women say the above. I'll say it once more, if a woman wanted a nice guy to date she could easily find such a man. The problem is that some of you aren't satisfied with the nice guys you meet so those guys get thrown back into the ocean. Some will play with the bad boy for awhile waiting in the so called nice. Yet nice guys will come before you but he's nice and sweet, but it's just not there. The can't meet a nice guy excuse is played. It should perhaps read 'cant meet a nice guy I'd like to have sex with and spend time with'.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:19 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I always see this posted and hear women say the above. I'll say it once more, if a woman wanted a nice guy to date she could easily find such a man. The problem is that some of you aren't satisfied with the nice guys you meet so those guys get thrown back into the ocean. Some will play with the bad boy for awhile waiting in the so called nice. Yet nice guys will come before you but he's nice and sweet, but it's just not there. The can't meet a nice guy excuse is played. It should perhaps read 'cant meet a nice guy I'd like to have sex with and spend time with'.

And I'll say it once more...

Being nice isn't a selling point - it's a base requirement. It is the calorie content of food, not the flavor... Everyone has requirements in who they date, and if some guy sells himself with "nice" that ain't saying much. I have the same criteria for my female friends as well.

No one I know would describe me with the lead trait of "nice". Dry wit, intelligent, no nonsense attitude, dare devil, fun... those would be the descriptors.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:39 PM

410 posts, read 515,413 times
Quote:
that makes him boyfriend material, or just makes him attractive, desired by girls, women, it really pisses me off, frustrates me, makes me angry, because it always or usually seems what determines a guy's success with girls, women, is his social skills, conversation skills, overall, his ability to talk to people and socialize with them, converse. Even if a girl was socially impaired, she can still get a guy, won't struggle like a guy, even if the girl was the initiator. Also, the guy has to have ambition and drive, have a passion for something, he has to have a life, have things going for him, he has to be a challenge, he has to have confidence, after all, confidence is a mental, attitude thing. All a girl needs to be in order to be girlfriend material is to be pretty, hot, good-looking, with just an average personality, it's like, us guys have to be decent looking as well, we have to walk right, sit right, stand right, breathe right, think right, talk right, have the right attitude, the right mentality, the right social skills, the right conversation skills, have a passion for something, be involved with or in something, have a life, be a leader not a follower, be outgoing meanwhile girls don't have to be, be confident meanwhile girls dont' have to be, it's like us guys have to be perfect everything, all girls have to do is welcome or deny advances, they have all the choosing, selecting power. Most guys will accept and date a girl who is bratty or boring, has no life, as long as she is very hot, it's easier to visually, physically appealing to someone than it is to be verbally, socially, mentally appealing to someone.
if a girl is very hot and cute, pretty, she has already met the requirements that guys look for in a girlfriend most of the time. In order for a guy to attract a girl, he has to have the right attitude, the right mindset, the right mentality, the right way of thinking, good conversation skills and social skills, it all comes down to the words and sentences that come out of his mouth, if a guy makes a mistake when flirting or talking to a girl, the girl rejects him instantly. A girl can say something stupid or weird, awkward in a conversation, bring up a boring conversation topic, and guys will not get turned off. Also, David DeAngelo said this: "When a man sees a beautiful, young, sexy woman, he INSTANTLY feels a sexual attraction.

But does the same apply for women?

Do women feel sexual attraction to men based mostly on looks? Or is something else going on?

Well, after studying this topic for over five full years now, I can tell you that women usually have their "attraction mechanisms" triggered by things OTHER than looks."

Why are girls, women like this?"
maybe you should do something about this problem.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:22 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,019,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Both men and women are may be INITIALLY attracted to some one who is hot - but for anything more than one night, there needs to be more to it than just physical attraction.

It's not all that different for women...

I agree. A guy may say or do anything to get in the drawers but if he has standards for himself and options he will be picky on which women will be girlfriend material.

The type of guy the OP is describing is either a poor, ugly or both kind of guy. These are the guys who have to put up with anything he can get.

Guys who actually have their life and personal well being together get alot of women and have alot to choose from.

Also some guys are extremely superficial. They think all women are the same so they mind as well get the hottest. Sometimes they get a hot women for an ego boost as well.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:30 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,019,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Then choose that path and stop moaning about it.

It's the way the human race has been since day one, and is likely to continue to be.

There are aspects of life which none of us like, but we have to adapt and learn to live within them, or forever be outcasts.
I kind of agree. OP you have to adapt. At first I use to hate the standards that women set for you to be desirable but then I realized their standards make you rise to another level.

Example:
White teeh - Go to a dentist
Smells good - Keep yourself clean
Dresses Nicely (Self explanatory)
Outgoing - Forces you to have a life
Good job- SElf explanatory
Personality - Forces you to develop yourself
Good face- forces you to wash your face twice a day and make appointments with a dermatologist
Nice body- forces you to work out and keep yourself healthy

so on and so on.

Trying to rise to most women's standards makes you a better men.

I know from personal experience.

I actually use women's standards as an outline of what kind of man I want to be.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:31 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,314,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I kind of agree. OP you have to adapt. At first I use to hate the standards that women set for you to be desirable but then I realized their standards make you rise to another level.

Example:
White teeh - Go to a dentist
Smells good - Keep yourself clean
Dresses Nicely (Self explanatory)
Outgoing - Forces you to have a life
Good job- SElf explanatory
Personality - Forces you to develop yourself
Good face- forces you to wash your face twice a day and make appointments with a dermatologist
Nice body- forces you to work out and keep yourself healthy

so on and so on.

Trying to rise to most women's standards makes you a better men.

I know from personal experience.

I actually use women's standards as an outline of what kind of man I want to be.
yeah it's like men have to be the whole, complete package in order to be "boyfriend material", meanwhile women, they only need half the package

Old 10-04-2011, 02:34 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
my whole argument is that how it is easier for a girl to get a guy than it is for a guy to get a girl
Yes. But don't blame the women for that. They want relationships. They are looking for personality characteristics - that is what initially attracts them. Guys want to get laid and go for the pretties.

Why is that our fault?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships