Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 07:51 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,314,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Maybe you'd have better luck if you were willing to approach women whom are not considered "hot". Water seeks its own level, so find a woman who has as many problems as you do, and struggles in the dating world as you do.

What type of women would want to date someone like you? Those are the type of women you should be approaching.
so I should lower my standards? i heard, learned about that a while ago, women are allowed to have high standards, men not so much, if men did it would hurt their chances more

Old 08-24-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If you're going to continue to consider women as the entitled gender then there is no point in dialogue. Yes we are. No you're not. So sorry.

You don't seem to want to hear anything besides that. So there it is... on a platter.
well thats common sense, a person who does not have to initiate anything and has everything just come to them is going to have it easier

Old 08-24-2011, 08:04 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
That's only true for women while they're younger. Their desirability falls off a cliff in their early 30's, and they know this, so they exploit their desirability while they still can. If they're absolutely hot, they can get away with being bratty and selfish. I've met and dated some, and yes, I forgave them for their flaws because they were head-turners . I don't see many 40 year olds acting like this -- that's because they can't get away with it. No guy will put up with it, unless he's 65 and bald and overweight.

As for guys, your statement is false. A guy with "10" looks but with the brain the size of walnut will still gets girls, lots and lots of them. They don't care about personality if his looks are enough to make up for it. But less than 0.5% of all guys fall into this category. You think women aren't superficial??? lmao Women are VERY superficial but they hide it better.
That's so true, I think in addition to other things women are often more picky about looks than men are.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:08 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,656,312 times
Let me tell you-handsome guys with good social skills and good jobs and no chip on their shoulders have "veto power " too.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Let me tell you-handsome guys with good social skills and good jobs and no chip on their shoulders have "veto power " too.
not really because they had to make the first move, take charge

Old 08-24-2011, 08:22 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,276 times
No they didn't, women come to them.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:34 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,770 times
Yes, as a man seeking women, you have to be a better person than women because that is what women like. You have to be stronger, bolder, more respected, more confident, less emotional and more able bodied than she is. That is what attracts women. She has to be prettier and most likely younger than you. Because that is what attracts men to women. Are you just now figuring this out?

Old 08-24-2011, 08:37 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,922 times
I know a young guy who have Aspergers and ADHD who didn't ***** and moan as much as you do. He had women come to him too and vice versa. He didn't complain about trivial, petty stuff (like this thread) and went out there and enjoy life.

With that much whining, you really do need to grow up and get a life. Every time there is criticism about you, you like to shift it away from yourself and back to complaining about "how men have to do this or that and women have to do nothing," if you can't take correction or confrontation, then you are wasting the other poster's time and you are appearing to be trolln just to argue!

Your preconceived notions are nothing but hot air. Get a life. We got ours to live rather than debating with you and your social problems.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:44 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,992,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
you make it sound like there is never an excuse for guy to prevent himself from being successful with women, what do you mean it is an entire different ball-game? are you saying a guy in a wheel-chair, a quadriplegic should not make any excuses either? a guy with Down Syndrome either?
I don't think anyone is saying that the dating world is a level playing field. It isn't, and it never will be. Having Asperger's syndrome is going to make dating more difficult for you. That's just life and there's nothing that anyone on this board can say to change that.

So, I think what the poster who said having Asperger's is a different ball game meant is that things are going to be harder and, for a person with Asperger's, the challenges of dating probably are more considerable than they are for someone without Asperger's.

I don't think anyone on this board is saying that dating is easy and that men just have it made in the shade. It is tough. I honestly think it is just as hard for women. I happen to have two sisters who are really attractive. Much more attractive than me. I am really close with them and we go out together a lot. I'd be lying if I said I felt great after a night at the bars with them when they each had 10 guys ask for their number and all I did was play "wingman" with the random guys' friends. But, that's the hand I was dealt. I've had to do things to overcome my average looks. For example, I've learned how to approach people! Guys have never just come up to me and asked me out, so I had to start doing the asking.

So, if you actually do want to have more success with women, then you have to accept that things will never be equal for everyone. And, maybe instead of "lowering" your standards, you should just change them. An attractive woman is all well and good, but in the long run, a kind one is probably better.

Anyway, I say, put in the work. Learn what your issues are, be willing to work on them, and do whatever you can to be the best possible version of yourself. Most women are doing that too, trust me.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:22 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
so I should lower my standards? i heard, learned about that a while ago, women are allowed to have high standards, men not so much, if men did it would hurt their chances more
If dating your equal = lowering your standards, then what does that say about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships