Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 06:38 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

If you have bad social and conversational skills, bad attitude, mentality and way of thinking your going to have problems with relationships with EVERYBODY.

Seems like common sense. Who would want to hang out with someone like that?

"I have a generally crummy attitude, and don't socialize well and women should date me anyway."

Why? I'm not even friends with other women who are like that.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:39 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If you have bad social and conversational skills, bad attitude, mentality and way of thinking your going to have problems with relationships with EVERYBODY.

Seems like common sense. Who would want to hang out with someone like that?

"I have a generally crummy attitude, and don't socialize well and women should date me anyway."

Why? I'm not even friends with other women who are like that.
Still, it hurts men way more than women

Old 08-24-2011, 06:57 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,989,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
Well, I think that in the long run, both men and women with no social skills end up in the same boat. A woman that is beautiful but cannot carry on a conversation, is a brat, is as dumb as a doorknob, etc. is going to get dumped by any normal man within a short amount of time. She probably won't even understand why all her relationships fall apart the way that they do and because it is easy enough to get dates when you're beautiful, she'll just go from one guy to the next.

Eventually though, her looks are going to fade, and then she ends up alone. Just like a guy with no social skills.

I know a couple guys like you in real life... having no social skills really sucks. So does social anxiety, which is why I suspect the people I know don't have great social skills. But, you can change that! There are medicines to help with social anxiety, there's exposure therapy, there are workshops you can take to learn about flirting, books to read... I could go on and on. Complaining about having it rough will not change anything (although I understand that we all need to vent sometimes). It's especially silly to complain about something that you can change. Being at ease and confident in social situations improves many areas of a person's life, not just dating. Friendships, career, family are things that come to mind... and heck, having those things in good order certainly increases your attractiveness in the dating world as well!

Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
Well, I think that in the long run, both men and women with no social skills end up in the same boat. A woman that is beautiful but cannot carry on a conversation, is a brat, is as dumb as a doorknob, etc. is going to get dumped by any normal man within a short amount of time. She probably won't even understand why all her relationships fall apart the way that they do and because it is easy enough to get dates when you're beautiful, she'll just go from one guy to the next.

Eventually though, her looks are going to fade, and then she ends up alone. Just like a guy with no social skills.

I know a couple guys like you in real life... having no social skills really sucks. So does social anxiety, which is why I suspect the people I know don't have great social skills. But, you can change that! There are medicines to help with social anxiety, there's exposure therapy, there are workshops you can take to learn about flirting, books to read... I could go on and on. Complaining about having it rough will not change anything (although I understand that we all need to vent sometimes). It's especially silly to complain about something that you can change. Being at ease and confident in social situations improves many areas of a person's life, not just dating. Friendships, career, family are things that come to mind... and heck, having those things in good order certainly increases your attractiveness in the dating world as well!
Well I will be honest, I have Asperger Syndrome, so i've been introverted most of my life, have not had much success with women, so it's more of a matter of not knowing how instead of lacking balls, guts, initiative, so i'm not scared of approaching women, i just don't know how, even when i am just being myself, I hate how success in life and success with women are both the same thing, go hand in hand

Old 08-24-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
How would you know that? Did you used to be a woman? If so, I will concede your point.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Well I will be honest, I have Asperger Syndrome, so i've been introverted most of my life, have not had much success with women, so it's more of a matter of not knowing how instead of lacking balls, guts, initiative, so i'm not scared of approaching women, i just don't know how, even when i am just being myself, I hate how success in life and success with women are both the same thing, go hand in hand
Having Asperger's is a totally different ballgame. But that still leaves the ball in your court. You have to learn how to adapt and work with that. And it CAN be done. But you won't work on that while you are blaming others. You have my sympathy, but saying others should change to fit you would not be of any service to you. Life doesn't work that way. You CAN adapt, it's not easy but it can be done.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:19 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
Quote:

Maybe you'd have better luck if you were willing to approach women whom are not considered "hot". Water seeks its own level, so find a woman who has as many problems as you do, and struggles in the dating world as you do.

What type of women would want to date someone like you? Those are the type of women you should be approaching.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
How would you know that? Did you used to be a woman? If so, I will concede your point.
because women do not have to make the first move, do not have to initiate anything

Old 08-24-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Having Asperger's is a totally different ballgame. But that still leaves the ball in your court. You have to learn how to adapt and work with that. And it CAN be done. But you won't work on that while you are blaming others. You have my sympathy, but saying others should change to fit you would not be of any service to you. Life doesn't work that way. You CAN adapt, it's not easy but it can be done.
you make it sound like there is never an excuse for guy to prevent himself from being successful with women, what do you mean it is an entire different ball-game? are you saying a guy in a wheel-chair, a quadriplegic should not make any excuses either? a guy with Down Syndrome either?

Old 08-24-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
because women do not have to make the first move, do not have to initiate anything
If you're going to continue to consider women as the entitled gender then there is no point in dialogue. Yes we are. No you're not. So sorry.

You don't seem to want to hear anything besides that. So there it is... on a platter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships