Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2013, 07:15 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,545,964 times

Advertisements

Why is it ok for men to have dating preferences regarding race, ethnicity, hair color, eye color, height, weight, small behinds, big behinds, big boobs, small boobs, etc., etc. but these same men get bent out of shape when women have certain requirements such as a preference for college educated men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 11:18 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,208,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
Maybe you are asking out the wrong women. I think a woman that is more blue collar and working class without a degree will be better fit for you.

I see a lot of bitter people in here with the "educated people lack common sense" posts. Just because you didn't go to college doesn't mean you need to be as superficial as those who reject you for not having a degree.
Imagine, guys who didn't go/finish college want college educated women and get upset when those college educated women don't want them!!!

Of course, these guys don't want blue collar girls because those women are working in dead-end jobs at Walmart or Starbucks or some local factory and don't have the money or time to get their shine on and go out because they gotta take care of their kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why is it ok for men to have dating preferences regarding race, ethnicity, hair color, eye color, height, weight, small behinds, big behinds, big boobs, small boobs, etc., etc. but these same men get bent out of shape when women have certain requirements such as a preference for college educated men?
Truth.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:26 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,379,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Imagine, guys who didn't go/finish college want college educated women and get upset when those college educated women don't want them!!!

Of course, these guys don't want blue collar girls because those women are working in dead-end jobs at Walmart or Starbucks or some local factory and don't have the money or time to get their shine on and go out because they gotta take care of their kids.

Truth.
Your post insinuates that all blue collar make measely wages and work menial jobs.

That is part of the issue...

What I would find amusing is someone thinking less of me dating wise for not having a bachelors, although I make 2-3x what they do. They don't know that though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by houstan-dan; 11-13-2013 at 02:41 PM..

Old 11-13-2013, 02:42 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,153,249 times
Quote:

Truth.
Ahhh, Wal mart and starbucks are not "blue collar" jobs. Those are low skill, low income jobs, that barely pay above minimum wage. When I think blue collar, I think people who work with their hands. Like My uncle who's a construction foreman, who works all over the world. And he makes more than my aunt who has a college degree.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:20 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,459,593 times
all you have to understand is some people live in a micro bubble of society and know you are all the better for not even getting involved with them.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:47 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,645,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Ahhh, Wal mart and starbucks are not "blue collar" jobs. Those are low skill, low income jobs, that barely pay above minimum wage. When I think blue collar, I think people who work with their hands. Like My uncle who's a construction foreman, who works all over the world. And he makes more than my aunt who has a college degree.
Making a low income is not fun and limits the woman you can date. I just do not see how a guy can do well getting dates when he feels Like he is treading water.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
The poster I quoted, aboveordinary, was talking about women who were "blue-collar and working class". In addition to Walmart and Starbucks, I also mentioned "some local factory". How many women do you know who work blue collar jobs? Most women working blue collar factory jobs are in the low paying unskilled/semi-skillied positions. When was the last time you saw a lady mechanic in a car dealership? A female heavy equipment operator? A female cable TV tech?

BTW, only 2.6% of construction workers are women in 2010, the same percentage as in 1983 (linky).

Old 11-13-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Your post insinuates that all blue collar make measely wages and work menial jobs.

That is part of the issue...

What I would find amusing is someone thinking less of me dating wise for not having a bachelors, although I make 2-3x what they do. They don't know that though.

What I find amusing is that you think the size of your paycheck is what matters to all women, especially educated ones.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:00 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,645,123 times
Quote:
What I find amusing is that you think the size of your paycheck is what matters to all women, especially educated ones.
Well I find it hard to believe a girl will date a guy long term if he does not have a good job. I would need about 80 to 120 hours a week to make the kind of money I need to feed a family.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:02 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,379,891 times
Quote:
That couldn't be further from the truth. I had slept with tons of women before ever making 50k a year. They definitely werent after my money. Couple doctors, a therapist, nurses... etc. They had their own money. I'm fully aware I do not need money to meet women.

Last edited by houstan-dan; 11-13-2013 at 06:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships