Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2011, 01:14 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,512,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Sorry if I'm "flaking" to spend an evening with my very sick mother rather than meet a complete stranger who I can easily rearrage to in two days, then so be it.

And he's supposed to know that? Put yourself in his shoes. It's called empathy. He finds someone he's interested in, she flakes out, he assumes she's playing games. Yes, he overracted horribly. No one disagrees with that. But, you did flake out. If you were that interested, you would have met up with him. Your interest level was low. Your mom is sick, but she's not bedridden at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer
You're single because you justify your inconsiderate behavior.

+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 01:16 PM

22,390 posts, read 29,512,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
The fact is, some people look only for highly educated people and figure if someone sends out a message such as yours--"anyways", typos, etc., they're either not very educated or don't care much what an impression they make. You've heard you have one chance to make a first good impression and your first impression online is the written word. However, maybe he's fed up with certain types of responses and lost his patience, but his response didn't deserve a rebuttal. I'd have just moved on quietly.

So because I didn't sit there and quote something from Eintein I'm not educated? It's a dating site not a competition for the Nobel Peace Prize. Give me a break! BTW The way this guy responded to me proves he's not intelligent himself.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:22 PM

11,812 posts, read 12,062,693 times
I don't mean to mock you but you even spelled Einstein wrong.

I think the point Whyte Bird is making is when you're online, the way you present yourself is strictly in writing. Not spelling properly, using proper grammar, or making typos may create an impression of you that you're not educated, but more likely that you're sloppy, careless or rushed and don't care about how you come across in writing. There are some people who will overlook it but there are some who won't, just as some people prefer blondes over brunettes.

It is what it is, and the guy was ignorant to you, however a little more attention to detail on your end can only help.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:22 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,023,873 times
Quote:
So because I didn't sit there and quote something from Eintein I'm not educated? It's a dating site not a competition for the Nobel Peace Prize. Give me a break! BTW The way this guy responded to me proves he's not intelligent himself.
I'm saying maybe he surmised you're not intelligent because of your grammar and typos. And being an a--h--- has nothing to do with being intelligent. There are plenty people with high IQs who are complete idiots.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Yeah it is. Further, if you actually were interested in meeting the guy, you would have told your mother you had plans, sick or not. He was a dick for acting like an idiot, but he's probably better off as you break plans at the drop of a hat. "Come eat dinner with us" is not a family emergency, you're allowed to have a life.

You're single because you justify your inconsiderate behavior.
Again, I would NEVER blow my sick mother off for a guy period. Obviously you would be willing to do that to your mother and that's something you have to live with and that shows your character which isn't attractive. And I didn't just eat dinner with my parents. My mother and I made dinner together which is something we haven't done in a long time because she's ill. So when she calls me and says "Honey, why don't we make shells together for dinner tonight?" I'm going to go because men, at the end of the day, are everywhere and my mother will not be at some point and probably very soon unfortunately. .

Trust me, I have a life and my parents have NEVER overstepped their boundries by trying to run my life in any way.

I'm single because I choose not to settle with some douchebag just to not be alone.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
And he's supposed to know that? Put yourself in his shoes. It's called empathy. He finds someone he's interested in, she flakes out, he assumes she's playing games. Yes, he overracted horribly. No one disagrees with that. But, you did flake out. If you were that interested, you would have met up with him. Your interest level was low. Your mom is sick, but she's not bedridden at this point.

+1
Not that I have to sit here and explain this to you but my mother is basically house ridden because she has one lung and is on oxygen and cannot walk around very well due to the fact that she has one lung.

I honestly cannot believe I'm being painted as a bad person because I would rather spend my time with my sick mother than with some guy who I could have easily seen two days later. What the hell is wrong with this picture???

Old 10-20-2011, 01:28 PM

29,765 posts, read 34,469,808 times
Quote:
Not that I have to sit here and explain this to you but my mother is basically house ridden because she has one lung and is on oxygen and cannot walk around very well due to the fact that she has one lung.

I honestly cannot believe I'm being painted as a bad person because I would rather spend my time with my sick mother than with some guy who I could have easily seen two days later. What the hell is wrong with the picture???
But we're trying to say that this guy doesn't know that, because you didn't tell him the specifics. All he knows is that you cancelled on him at the last minute (yes, it is the last minute) with a vague excuse.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:29 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,198,531 times
Quote:

I honestly cannot believe I'm being painted as a bad person because I would rather spend my time with my sick mother than with some guy who I could have easily seen two days later. What the hell is wrong with this picture???
you should just fool around with chunky, balding, married, 49 year olds. you'd be much happier.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:30 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,512,018 times
Quote:

Even in the case of those that are dying, they wouldn't expect their kids to be at their beck and call at every second. They would still want their kids to date if they have the chance and to find love. The only exception to this would be my mom, and that's only because she's the most self-centered, narcissistic person I've ever met. Even my dad wouldn't expect me to sit with him for hours on end, 7 days a week. Even if he was dying, he would want me to find love.

Quote:
I honestly cannot believe I'm being painted as a bad person because I would rather spend my time with my sick mother than with some guy who I could have easily seen two days later. What the hell is wrong with the picture???

No one painted you as a bad person. The guy is no more innocent than you. Your mom, sick and all, doesn't expect you to be with her all the damn time. She would want you to date and find love. That's why she's your mom. She wants to see you happy.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 PM

Yup, I'm unintelligent because now I left a letter out of a word. I'm perfectly aware of how to spell Einstein. Again a simple typo. Btw, I can also build a car motor from the ground up if I choose to. I must have some brains in there somewhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships