Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2011, 12:11 PM

405 posts, read 1,282,098 times

Advertisements

The guy is a creep.. You must attract creeps if this is why you are single.. I mean, really, how many crazy, psychotic women are there on Match?? Try to find a gentleman who is polite, compassionate and well-mannered. A good man would have asked if there is anything he could have done to help your mother and would have not took any offense at all..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 12:15 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,415,008 times
What a nut! He clearly hasn't gotten laid in a long time!

Old 10-20-2011, 12:20 PM

17,645 posts, read 22,680,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
What a nut! He clearly hasn't gotten laid in a long time!
Give the porterswife a call...heeheehee

Old 10-20-2011, 12:24 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,228,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If a guy cancelled on me 3 hours before our date with no explanation, there would be no rescheduling. That's super rude.

But you were in luck in that the guy totally trumped your rudeness by being worse.
This is how I see it too. You ended up playing the 'who can be ruder game'. Not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm sorry but I don't believe I owe anyone my personal family business until I feel they are ready to know it. It's none of his business why I had to reschedule PERIOD!!! I don't even know the guy!! And cancelling 3 hours prior is NOT last minute. If I wasn't interested, I wouldn't have mentioned rescheduling NOR calling the guy. I would have simply sent a text.
A simple: 'A family emergency has come up and I will not be able to make it tonight. I am so sorry to have to cancel last minute, but hope you understand and we can reschedule some time soon. Are you available on Friday or Saturday?'
Would have covered it. He is not a mind reader. He is not in your head. 3 hours before IS pretty last minute. He does not know that if you hadn't been interested you would have just texted. Try thinking things through from other view points. Seriously if you listened without getting defensive you may actually find you have better luck communicating pleasantly with the next one!

Old 10-20-2011, 12:25 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,222,758 times
Maybe you messaged someone out of your league and he thought you should be more creative.... What happened to finding some sort of common ground and engaging that way? Rather than passively bemoaning online dating.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,694,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
HIS loss that for sure!
Yeah mami. Hit ignore on his profile and move on. His loss for sure.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:32 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,640,149 times
Meeting someone online is really a hit or miss situation and you happened to hook up with a dog. I agree with everyone who says it's his loss, not yours, and just consider it a brief waste of time and move on.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:32 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,159,920 times
Quote:
WTF is going on here??

So I sent an email to a guy yesterday saying exactly this: Hey you. I saw your profile and was interetsted. I don't have exactly what you are looking for but I thought I'd drop you a line anyways. So is Match as exciting for you as it has been for me? LOL (signed name) (I accidentally inserted an extra T in interested. Simple typo error that I didn't see)

This is the response I get this morning:
You should probably spell-check your copy & paste e-mail before you send it out to a bunch of people you're "interetsted" in

My response: Excuse me? Wow, I accidentally inserted a letter and you turn around an insinuate things?? Why are you even on here?

Him: I insinuated what I did because your e-mail was so blatantly generic that I'm sure it was sent to a bunch of people, typo and all. And you're absolutely right, I've resorted to internet dating because of my inability to hit it off with a cat lady/CougarLife.com reject who struggles with spelling

I didn't even respond. WTF is that??? I mean unbelievable.
Maybe you need to do it the old fashion way and get out there and meet somebody. I've never done internet dating or whatever, but it seems from reading yours and other people's post on CD that most of the people on the dating websites are angry, jaded, bitter people.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:36 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,202,287 times
Quote:
WTF is going on here??

So I sent an email to a guy yesterday saying exactly this: Hey you. I saw your profile and was interetsted. I don't have exactly what you are looking for but I thought I'd drop you a line anyways. So is Match as exciting for you as it has been for me? LOL (signed name) (I accidentally inserted an extra T in interested. Simple typo error that I didn't see)

This is the response I get this morning:
You should probably spell-check your copy & paste e-mail before you send it out to a bunch of people you're "interetsted" in

My response: Excuse me? Wow, I accidentally inserted a letter and you turn around an insinuate things?? Why are you even on here?

Him: I insinuated what I did because your e-mail was so blatantly generic that I'm sure it was sent to a bunch of people, typo and all. And you're absolutely right, I've resorted to internet dating because of my inability to hit it off with a cat lady/CougarLife.com reject who struggles with spelling

I didn't even respond. WTF is that??? I mean unbelievable.

Lol! These stories are great. I'm a grammar nazi as well, but I wouldn't reject possibly good sex because of it. :P

Old 10-20-2011, 12:37 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,218,433 times
I understand both sides until the guy went off his rocker. If someone cancelled on me three hours before with little explanation I would assume this was a "flake-out." I've had enough of these to know that it usually means "I changed my mind" or "I found someone else." I don't consider three hours to be "last minute" but some people like to make plans in advance and this guy could have turned down other opportunities to go on this date.

I'm sure not all guys on dating sites are douches, but the ones who are overshadow the good guys. I've had issues with women on dating sites, but there are plenty of good ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships