Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 07:53 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,104,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I mean if he could speak to me like that without even meeting me..He's probably a woman hitter. I mean this guy was like almost yelling at me on the phone!!
The guy is definitely a creep. Best to find out now and stay away, rather than spend a few weeks discovering this behaviour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 07:54 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,235,341 times
Lets see... you cancelled the date, you told him you were suspiciously busy on prime date nights, then offered up one last evening as a substitute.... Yeah he handled it wrong, but any guy would have just said forget about it, lol.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:59 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,553,942 times
What a whiny little man. I understand he was frustrated, but come on already. He sounds like a 12-year old in those texts.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Lets see... you cancelled the date, you told him you were suspiciously busy on prime date nights, then offered up one last evening as a substitute.... Yeah he handled it wrong, but any guy would have just said forget about it, lol.
She did offer to reschedule for Saturday. That is a prime date night too.

Sure, I would have been suspicious about her canceling at the last minute, then being busy for the next couple of nights. I would have passed the responsibility of planning the date to her as a result. Telling her to pick the time and place for Saturday, just to see if she is really interested in meeting.

If she canceled again on Saturday, I would assume that she was not interested in actually meeting and move on.

The guy was out of line for his over the top response. She aggravated it by responding to his immature texts, but it looks like he was the one who started it.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:01 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,175,343 times
I see this as two possibilities:

The guy has issues, maybe he's been burned in the past and is frustrated (trust me, a LOT of people flake out on dates), or he's just impatient. Spending time with a sick mother is maybe true for you, but it SOUNDS like a BS excuse, so maybe that's why he said "okay, you call me when YOU want to go out". He might've thought you were blowing him off. Either way, you want to find someone "flexible" in every aspect, and it's clear he wasn't so you got to find out early that he wasn't a good fit. No need to dwell on it, just forget and move on.

OR

There's more to the story you aren't telling us....

29,781 posts, read 34,567,516 times
The dude is a tool. I probably would have clarified the cancellation as a "family emergency", but there's still no excuse for that kind of response.

2,068 posts, read 4,347,986 times
In the guys defense... maybe he really had high hopes. Maybe he felt something and then bam a cancellation.

As if you people never had a "crazy" moment after being utterly disappointed.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:05 AM

I did internet dating for a bit. In my experience, it is pretty common for women to flake out at the last moment. I have experienced women who simply did not show up for dates, women who canceled unexpectedly at the last moment, women who simply stopped responding to messages.

I can see somebody who has been doing this for a while getting frustrated at what seems to be a similar thing.

Once again, his response was over the top and inappropriate, but internet dating is a weird world with weird social rules.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:07 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,372,884 times
I have SO much to say about this issue, I really don't know where to begin. But I will!
Yes, this is basically exactly the caliber of men on any dating site, paid for or otherwise. I have been out there many years trying to find someone I can respect who will do the same. I think men and women do respond differently with hurt and deceipt. We ladies tend to keep moving through the flames to get to the other side. Men can tend to become very spoiled brats, bitter and overly angry, hence the altered reality they bring to the table.
It's also the anonymity of being able to lash out online or over text that appeals to weaker, lesser and insecure men. Most of them would actually not talk that way to you in person.
I have had men get very controlling and loud, even bullies, trying to rush me and push me into calling them after one or two emails. When I say I need more time, they have become impatient and almost have a sense of entitlement to my personal information.
I am an exceptional woman with a lot to offer, and I damn well expect the same. I am single at 43 also becasue men are really like this.
It scares me, hurts, and I shudder to think what these guys believe is a good relationship.
They get their little feelings hurt and then spew hate at us, women they don't even know.
I had to tell a guy the other day that yes, I do, in fact, have a great life. I just am busy trying to do the right thing. I know exactly what I am looking for, so if you are not it, why should I waste our time by meeting you? If I say I want a fellow Christian, and you are a rabbi, um, no...not meeting you, dude.
Just many, many bitter men.
I miss strong, capable, responsible and alpha men.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:08 AM

118 posts, read 219,020 times
Well, in one way I understand the phone call conversation part of it. I have many guy friends and they talk about the "fakes and flakes" on websites. These guys fit that age demographic too (35-45). So any cancel, regardless if it is a legitimate cancel in your eyes, is seen as a red flag for them. And I do not want to belittle your life in anyway, my father was diagnosed with stage 4 and I lost him within a year, but you would believe it if a man canceled a first date with "I am going to take care of my sick mom?".... It would be a red flag for me, too. Although, I would be willing to reschedule.

As for hanging up and then those text messages.... I think we should all have to wear a sign with our idiosyncrasies since we are never honest about our REAL issues and faults.

I once had a profile on Match and I said... After reading my profile (which was selling me as a profile does) I said you get one very honest negative about me. My main negative is that I am a passionate (a.k.a. nasty) fighter... And I think everyone should have to list one of their negative attributes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships